“Great staff, nice rooms, but a little noisy”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #63 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 7 April 2014

A nice enough place to stay, with very helpful staff, and clean rooms. Stayed for two nights - Friday and Saturday. On Friday night, two neighboring rooms had "revolving doors", with numerous noisy visitors coming and going until almost 2:00 am. Saturday night was quiet and restful. The pool area is popular with families, and there is a bar in the building which appears to be quiet and popular. Conference rooms are better than average for a low-mid priced hotel. Restaurants nearby, many within walking distance.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Food_Detective101
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Dear Food Detective,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the noise level of the hotel. We will pass this feedback on to our staff. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you enjoyed the Omaha area. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn & Suites

Reviewed 28 March 2014

This is an older high rise hotel near many other properties. Everything about the room was great. The internet was great as was the shower, bed, and comfort of the rooms. Someone recently invested lots of $ to update the entire hotel. I didn't eat the breakfast, but assume it's like most other Comfort Inns. The staff was outstanding, although I had little interaction since I had no problems. I know this is one of the two properties I will visit in Omaha again.

Room Tip: The restaurant has loud music that I heard until midnight on a Wednesday night. I you can't han...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear pklerose,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We really appreciate all of our business travelers. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Omaha. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again for your future hotel needs.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites in Omaha for 3 nights over spring break with our 3 children and had the best experience! We stayed in a family suite on the third floor, which was perfect for us. The suite had a large space for a dining table, microwave, sink and small fridge. There was a large bedroom w a king bed and full bathroom, a powder room, and the best part for the kids: bunk beds and another double bed next to it in its own nook w a TV. The staff was extrememly friendly and helpful with questions, pool was great for swimming with plenty of towels for our use, and the hotel was spotless. Breakfast was included and really great! Each morning there were 2 choices for waffles, scrambled eggs, bacon or sausage, as well as cold cereal, yogurt, fruit, and pastries. The staff members of the restaurant were super friendly and accommodating to our children. We had great tacos one night, a delicious chicken salad another night. Great drink specials as well. The location of the hotel was right off the highway and central to all of the places we visited: zoo, children's museum, and Old Market downtown. Would stay here again for sure!

Room Tip: Family suites are the way to go if traveling with children.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Angie,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you and your family stayed with us during your visit to Omaha. We hope you all enjoyed your visit. Thank you for mentioning all the amenities that our hotel has to offer. Thank you so much for staying with us. We really value all guest feedback. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

We arrived here on 2/12 and stayed thru 2/14 and then returned on 2/16-2/18. The suite we had on the 6th floor was large, clean and very nice. Staff and check in was very accommodating and friendly. The tiki bar was nice and breakfast was good. Great shuttle service to the airport. Would definitely stay here again or recommend to friends. Appeared to be a very safe area, no issues with housekeeping and security and they actually went out of the way to fill a special request for our friend in another room whom was an early riser and huge coffee drinker.

Room Tip: 2 room suites very very large worth the upgrade, size of a small apartment
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Colsie,

Thank you for telling us about your visit with us. We are so glad that you stayed with us. We hope you enjoyed your stay in Omaha. We strive to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Comfort Suites Omaha

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our room was right above the bar which played loud music until 1 am. Drunks in the lobby from the bar and "casino night" in one of the conference rooms. Our kids could not sleep between the music and drunks outside the front entrance yelling back and forth. I will never be back.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Check in was uneventful. I was a little concerned that we were on the 2nd floor and karaoke night was in full swing, but the desk clerk assured me we were far enough away that we wouldn't hear the noise. Room was two queen beds and clean enough, not spotless and barefoot-worthy but ok. I could hear a little karaoke noise in the bathroom but not enough to bother us. We had the opportunity to sleep in the next morning so I made sure to put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on our door before we went to bed.
The next morning I was getting ready after a shower and heard housekeeping knocking on the door and announcing themselves. I thought it was sound carrying from another room so ignored it - my daughter didn't hear it at all. The housekeeper used her key and tried to enter the room but thankfully I'd put the safety latch on - I could see her through the gap in the door and sure I didn't look happy with hair still dripping. She said "Sorry" and shut the door. As we went out to breakfast we noticed the "Do Not Disturb" sign was nowhere to be seen.
That morning the toilet stopped working properly. The lady at the front desk said they'd had reports of this problem from several rooms on our floor and they had a call out to the plumber, who was not on location at that time (understandable on a Sunday morning).
I found a shattered large tequila bottle by my car that morning. I informed the front desk so that no one would step on it or drive over it and she said she'd get someone to sweep it up. Several hours later when we tried to leave it was still there untouched. I went back in to the front desk to let them know (I have a strange aversion to tire punctures) she looked perplexed and said "Can't you just drive out around it?". Well no, not really since there are big chunks under my car too. She got a maintenance person to sweep it up.
That evening we returned with a take-out meal to our room. I slid the key into the slot and the door opened partially then caught and would not go further. I tried several times and had the same result. I assumed the plumber had been in and possibly flipped the security latch partway then got it hooked when he left. I went down to the front desk and had the gentleman bring his tool to remove the latch to the room. When he got up there the door opened with no difficulty and the safety latch was pressed back completely against the wall, not even partway out This made me incredibly nervous that someone might have been pilfering through our room so I had him search the room for strangers - all clear. We had no further door problems.
We lived through the night - made doubly sure by putting things in front of the front door and adjoining room door. The toilet still had issues the next day. Odd gentleman chatted me up at breakfast the first morning saying he was there for a "long Valentine's Day weekend" but saw him several times wandering the halls by himself. Hmm. We were very thankful to check out with our lives and belongings intact.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the lounge or higher up to avoid karaoke/bar noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Spent a week in Omaha on a business trip. Over all an average Comfort Inn & Suites. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was as expected. Breakfast was very nice, they rotate the buffet menu so it is not the exact same thing everyday.

House keeping is spotty. Some clean better than others.

Bar can get loud on the weekends.

Room Tip: If you like it quiet, get a room on the upper floors and away from the bar.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank 1Beachcomber
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear 1Beachcomber,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really value all guest feedback. We are so glad that you chose us. Thank you for telling us your thoughts about the breakfast service. We are so glad that you enjoyed it Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will continue to stay with us during future visits to the area.

Comfort Inn & Suites