“Will go back again!”

Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Omaha, Nebraska
“Will go back again!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ate at Brushi last night and was impressed. The décor is lovely and our service was excellent. My husband and I had the specials of trout and red grouper and both were quite good and the vegetables were outstanding. Lots of unusual items on the menu and we will definitely go back again and again. Also quite reasonable.

“Welcome back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

Primo 140 could always be counted on for very good food. Brushi rekindles that reputation with the return of Chef Paul. Four of us dined for the first time at Brushi and expected a great meal and it was delivered. Our server was prompt and attentive being sure that beverages were available as soon as we requested them. We started with the salmon ceviche which was excellent. The wine menu was acceptable with reasonably priced wines of our liking. My wife ordered the veal tournedos with capers which was excellent and better than the paella which I ordered. This is because the paella included several pieces of grilled chicken breast which I wouldn't have expected in such a dish. Perhaps this was to stretch the dish in lieu of more seafood. Nevertheless, the paella was flavorful. We did not order dessert. The atmosphere was lively for a Friday night but not excessive in contrast to a prior reviewer's discussion ("I can't hear you"). We will definitely return and try additional items particularly from the chef's specials.
Brushi is a excellent replacement for the previous occupants of this space.

omaha, ne
“Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

All meals are great at Brushi. Last week I had the flat bread pizza and the house salad with the
tomato / tarragon dressing both excellent. Paul's Normandy onion by far is the best in Omaha.
Discovered the 140 Mule drink, which is like a Moscow Mule, however there is a hint of jalapeno in mug, served ice cold. Don't forget to have the chocolate cake made by Paul's daughter,so
good. So happy Paul is back.

“I can't hear you!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Great food, horrible acoustics. They seated my wife and I between parties of four and six. The noise level was so great, I had to cup my hands over my ears to hear my wife speak. And she is not a low talker.

Crab cake appetizer was excellent, as was my entree of scallops.

But a twentieth anniversary date night was made unforgettable for the wrong reason. And I won't forget .

Omaha, Nebraska
“Good Addition/Time Machine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Located in the old Spanna space, just northeast of 132nd & Dodge. This is a cozy eatery and bar, decorated in simple, muted tones, with blond bricks reminiscent of its owner's last place, Prima 140.
Once again, the fare is varied, homey and very fairly priced. There are four sections to the menu, the first two being "starters" (such as garlic shrimp, crab cakes, coconut soup and small salads), and "entrees" ( a burger, brie sandwich, several pasta dishes, whiskey chicken, beef short ribs, and seafood and chicken paella). We had the pappardelle with tomatoes, garlic, black and green olives, and anchovies (delicious) and the entree Prima salad with salmon (also very good).
In addition, there are 5 or 6 sides and a brief dessert list.
The wine selection is good, but not huge. Drinks are good pours, and the bar looks like it might be a hit. Very inviting.
Service is warm and professional, but they could use more than one bus boy. All in all, a very good addition to the mid west Omaha dining scene.

Visited April 2014

Been to Brushi? Share your experiences!