“We will plan on staying here again!”

Hampton Inn Omaha / West Dodge Road (Old Mill)
Ranked #9 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Cheyenne, Wyoming
“We will plan on staying here again!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I would recommend this hotel as a top place to stay in Omaha. The staff was incredible, the hotel was extremely clean, and all the little details of our stay made things extra special. The breakfast was very good and had a great selection for everyone. The pool, which nowadays in most hotels is quiet small, was large and good for lap swimming. The whirlpool was comfortably big as well. The room was very clean! The location was perfectly centered too. We are in Omaha quiet often, and have stayed at a handful of other hotels in the area, but I will put this hotel at the top of the list!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 907momof3907

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This Hampton just recently opened with some attendent 'kinks' to work out. The property physically is everything one would expect being so new. Would have liked a shower versus a tub which I thought the newer designs called for. Had about a half dozen minor items I experienced but overall liked the hotel and would stay here again next time in town.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Mark R
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 3 August 2014

The people that work there are the nicest of any hotel we have ever stayed! We stayed there once and now have gone back to this location 3 times. The breakfast was great and nice staff there also. The rooms are very clean! When we are in the Omaha area we will diffidently stay here! We are on the road a lot and this hotel makes us feel special!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Bartlett, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Great room, in excellent location of Omaha, Ne. Honored my loyalty points so paid very little for my room....one of the best continental breakfasts I've ever seen offered at a hotel. Very nice overall stay!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Christine O
USA
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

My stay at this 2 month old hotel was somewhat disappointing. The hotel and rooms are beautiful and the hotel has a great location, but they are obviously still in learning mode. At least currently, the other clientele staying here is less than desirable. I am concerned that this hotel won't be able to stay nice for long.

At check in I was told that my Hilton Hhonors number was on file. There was no acknowledgement of my Diamond status and no welcoming statement when approaching the desk, just a "checking in?"

I went down to the front desk looking for a diet 7up or something of the sort the first evening, but was disappointed to see they only sold Coke, Diet Coke, water and root beer. They definitely could use a better selection.

When we arrived for breakfast at 9am, most of the items were empty. Most items did eventually get restocked, but it I've never seen this happen at a Hampton before. They obviously just got so far behind that they couldn't catch up.

I was very pleased with the Neurtogena products in the bathroom. This is definitely a step up from the typical Hampton standard.

I was worried we wouldn't be able to sleep due to hallway noise (slamming doors, people talking loudly, etc.) but two white noise machines running did drown it out so we did have uninterrupted sleep.

The thing that probably drags my opinion down the most stems from the other guests. There was a large group of people staying there who filled the lobby drinking when we returned from dinner. The pool was also filled with rowdy, unattended kids. The hallways and elevator were filled with wet footprints from kids running back and forth.

Would I return to this hotel? To be determined. I definitely won't in the near future as they have some things to figure out. I will keep an eye on ratings and reviews of this property to see how things go!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Jason C
David J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha / West Dodge Road (Old Mill), responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you very much for you input. We are very happy and proud that we are finally open. The time of your stay we did have some younger baseball teams in our facility and they did do a number on our Suite Shop and our breakfast early one morning. We will definitely work on being better prepared for these occasions. I really do hope to see you back at our place to enjoy our very clean rooms and to show that we have turned the corner and are operating at our full potential. Thank you again for your input and we hope you are able to give us a perfect score for your next visit.
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I had my 29th birthday there and it was great the kids were able to play in the pool the room was great you can tell it is a new hotel.. Very friendly breakfast attendant Taylor she was very nice and helpful, good food and selection. checking in was quick and easy and checking out was quick. I would definatly recommend this Hampton to my friends and family..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Lindsey B
Reviewed 14 July 2014

very helpful staff convenient location overall a very good time. easy access to the interstate. close to anything you want to do or see. It was a great experience for my entire family. i would recommend it to anyone that is going to be in the western omaha location

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family