“Great for the area ”

Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Iowa city
“Great for the area ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and nice. Loved that the fitness room had a weight machine that actually did a lot! It would be nice if the happy hour had some healthily options. Same with breakfast starting at 630 it should be earlier. Adding some more options for breakfast would also be nice but it is one of the nicer ones I have seen.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Tmoney87

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ok
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My three sons and I traveled to Omaha for a family gathering mid May and stayed in the double bed room. The staff was really accommodating seeing that I was traveling late and checking in at 1am. The hotel was completely booked when I made my reservations and could only book one night, as my trip came closer they had another opening for a room so I reserved this room as well, they were very gracious in allowing me to stay in the same room with my children and not have to worry about checking in and out. The hotel was super packed with soccer teams or another sport group that weekend so it was really packed at breakfast time, the breakfast was traditional continental, with eggs, turkey sausage, gravy and biscuits and a pancake machine. The girls who ran the breakfast were constantly taking care of the guests and refilling items that need to be filled.
I didn't swim in the pool but my kids did, I didn't let them swim for very long since there was a couple in there drinking. The water also looked a bit dirty but other than that the area was kept pretty well maintained.
The only real problem I had was upon arrival my sons and I were walking in to the entrance and a couple of young ladies were outside drunk smoking and making out with a guy.

Over all it was a really nice stay, and this will be our hotel of choice when visiting family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank mythreeboys2006
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed during the Berkshire event due to downtown being sold out or extremely expensive this was our first stay at this holiday inn. The hotel was full which means there were other people here which is what I would expect when I stay at a busy hotel or busy city. The clerks here were very nice the breakfast gals were as quick as they could be and smiling. While trying to look up an old friend using the desks phone book late my second night I was approached by the younger manager girl the general manager. She took the time to get her computer from her car and help me find my old friends phone number and print some directions for me. She said she was at work to catch up on papers and make sure everyone was well yet spent a half hour helping an old lady out in the sitting room rare to meet a kind young lady such as that often. Thank you to layna printing more than one receipt for me after loosing it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dorris R
HIEGuestRelations, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear DorrisR

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at our hotel and thank you for traveling to Omaha during the Berkshire event. This is a very busy time within the city and hotels and we appreciate your very positive review. I'm happy we were able to help you connect with your friend. Hope to see you again soon!
Dallas
Reviewed 7 May 2014

This would not be my first choice when going to Omaha - due to the location. But during this very busy weekend in Omaha, NE (38,000 visitors) it was the closest we could find for our Friday - Monday stay. Because of this popular weekend the rates in Omaha are inflated - $249 on Friday and Saturday night and $119 on Sunday night. Price gauging as usual when there is such high demand. We had a room with 2 beds that was directly above the lobby on the 2nd floor. The walls are thin and since the hotel was sold out Friday night it wasn't exactly quiet! Sunday night the hotel music from the lobby and outdoor area of the hotel were loud enough that at 11pm we had to call the desk. The room was clean enough, breakfast was what you expect, front desk staff was very nice. For this level of hotel I prefer either a newer HI Express or a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House. Probably the thing that bothered us the most was when we spoke to the GM by phone in regards to the music here reply was she'd never had that complaint before and that it's required they have the music on until 11pm every night by their parent company. It seemed like she was put out with our comment. Probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Mrs. Shawntell

Thank you for choosing to visit Omaha during the Berkshire event. It is a busy time for all hotels in the city however we are pleased you were able to stay with us and secure such a great discount on your 3rd nights stay. We hope to see you again in the future!
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The rooms are what you would expect. They were clean and in order. The check in process was good and the lobby is nice. The location is a little confusing getting in and out of the hotel the first time. There are not a lot of food choices close but there are some across the freeway.
There were two wedding parties at the hotel and I will admit it was quite for our stay. The view from the west side of the hotel is very poor. It's built next to a hill so you just see bricks from your window. I would have asked to stay on the east side of the hotel. We didn't use the pool or eat breakfast but when we got back to the hotel that night, the clerk did accommodate us by getting my 2 1/2 year old some milk from the kitchen. That was very nice!

Room Tip: Stay on the East side of the hotel so you have a view. Also check your map again so you know how to...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Justin P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and appreciate your compliments regarding our rooms being clean and in order, check in process good and lobby nice. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Pella, IA
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I have stayed at many Holiday Inn Express hotels and usually really like them but I would say this is one of the worst I have stayed in. Staff is very nice but the beds are rock hard, it is not overly clean, the breakfast is down right gross. Anyway, we stayed free with points but I would have been dissapointed if we had to pay for it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Ryan W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Firstly I would like to thank you for being an IHG Rewards Member and secondly I would like to offer my sincerest apologies that your stay with us was less than perfect. We have always prided ourselves on our cleanliness and breakfast. I apologize that during your stay we fell short of your expectations. Please contact me directly at the hotel at 402-505-8181 so that we can discuss further your bad experience with our breakfast. I would also like to add that we are receiving our third and final shipment of our brand new mattresses. The Serta Perfect Sleeper has received wonderful reviews from our guests so far.
Hanna City, Illinois
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The hotel was very nice. Spacious, clean rooms. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. There were several restaurants within walking distance. We had 20 rooms in our group and an early game on Sunday morning. The hotel set up the cold breakfast items and coffee before
normal breakfast hours for our group. Thank you. Our only complaint was during normal breakfast hours on Saturday and Sunday, we had to wait 15 or more minutes for hot food.
Otherwise great stay, would definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends