“nice hotel, poor customer service”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills
Ranked #40 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had asked for separate bills for the 2 nights I stayed, due to the fact that one was being paid by my work, and I was paying for the other. I talked to 2 different people about getting this done, and still had to ask on the day I was leaving to have the bills separated, as they had charged both nights together. The hot tub and pool were out of commission which kind of upset me. Otherwise, I guess the hotel room, bed, linens were pretty nice, and it was nice and quiet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sheilaa229
HIEGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear sheilaa122

Thank you for staying with us, first of all thank you for the positive notes regarding our hotel. Second I would like to bring your attention that our pool was not out of order during your stay, it in fact was fully renovated, refilled and functioning during your stay. Our hot tub was down, which was brought to your attention when you checked into our hotel and you received 10.00 off your bill per night. Which brings me to the comment you left regarding our customer service and your final bill. I apologize that we were unable to send your bill to an email address belonging to your company. We did try on numerous attempts to contact anyone from that email address to verify payment for you however the company was not willing to open an account for your stay. This is most likely why you believe there was 'an issue' with your final bill when in fact the hotel was following your request to contact your company for payment. We enjoyed having you with us and hope you had a safe trip home. Have a good summer and thank you again

Reviewed 22 July 2014

No record of our reservation or confirmation number was found during checkin. I did not make reservations at the other facility, we checked, so I have no idea who took down my information and didn't apparently enter it. We did manage to get two rooms, but others were sent away. The rooms, pool, breakfast was nice, but the hot tub wasn't very warm. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room reservations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had reservations for a family wedding. Went to check in and found that staff had entered one day before our actual arrival. Since they regarded us a no-show, rooms were canceled and my credit card was charged. Same thing happened with a niece and her husband. No rooms available for us and shift manager seemed to have little concern about the screw-up. Still waiting for credit to show. Didn't have a chance to check out the facility, so can't give thumbs up. Lessen learned--double check on reservations week before event.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ALF4121
HIEGuestRelations, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Anne F

I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered regarding your reservation and the error you encountered while booking your dates. Your credit card was refunded and our front desk shift manager cared about this error, because our hotel was full she did secured a room for you within the wedding block at the second location, which you did accept. Because the errors you encountered were in fact corrected and you did receive a room at the second location, it is disappointing that you would leave such a poor rating regarding our hotel considering you did not in fact stay here. Again we apologize for your booking error, have a nice summer.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is by far and away the finest Holiday Inn suite I've stayed in. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, I actually wish I could have extended my business in town just to stay another night! Oh, and the Jacuzzi! I can't say enough about that amenity. A nice soak right before bed had me in a good place for a long day of meetings the following day.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Omaha area. They will be getting my business the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: I stayed in a two-room king size suite on the third floor (Room 300 I think?). I was staying on a Tu...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank cstanleyrun
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and nice. Loved that the fitness room had a weight machine that actually did a lot! It would be nice if the happy hour had some healthily options. Same with breakfast starting at 630 it should be earlier. Adding some more options for breakfast would also be nice but it is one of the nicer ones I have seen.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Tmoney87
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My three sons and I traveled to Omaha for a family gathering mid May and stayed in the double bed room. The staff was really accommodating seeing that I was traveling late and checking in at 1am. The hotel was completely booked when I made my reservations and could only book one night, as my trip came closer they had another opening for a room so I reserved this room as well, they were very gracious in allowing me to stay in the same room with my children and not have to worry about checking in and out. The hotel was super packed with soccer teams or another sport group that weekend so it was really packed at breakfast time, the breakfast was traditional continental, with eggs, turkey sausage, gravy and biscuits and a pancake machine. The girls who ran the breakfast were constantly taking care of the guests and refilling items that need to be filled.
I didn't swim in the pool but my kids did, I didn't let them swim for very long since there was a couple in there drinking. The water also looked a bit dirty but other than that the area was kept pretty well maintained.
The only real problem I had was upon arrival my sons and I were walking in to the entrance and a couple of young ladies were outside drunk smoking and making out with a guy.

Over all it was a really nice stay, and this will be our hotel of choice when visiting family.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mythreeboys2006
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We stayed during the Berkshire event due to downtown being sold out or extremely expensive this was our first stay at this holiday inn. The hotel was full which means there were other people here which is what I would expect when I stay at a busy hotel or busy city. The clerks here were very nice the breakfast gals were as quick as they could be and smiling. While trying to look up an old friend using the desks phone book late my second night I was approached by the younger manager girl the general manager. She took the time to get her computer from her car and help me find my old friends phone number and print some directions for me. She said she was at work to catch up on papers and make sure everyone was well yet spent a half hour helping an old lady out in the sitting room rare to meet a kind young lady such as that often. Thank you to layna printing more than one receipt for me after loosing it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dorris R
HIEGuestRelations, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear DorrisR

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay at our hotel and thank you for traveling to Omaha during the Berkshire event. This is a very busy time within the city and hotels and we appreciate your very positive review. I'm happy we were able to help you connect with your friend. Hope to see you again soon!