“Great new hotel”

Ranked #41 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Grand Rapids, MI
“Great new hotel”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This hotel is relatively new so it is in very good shape. Has everything you would expect for a bargain hotel. We stayed here for the College World Series. It is about 6 miles from downtown but it was an easy drive and it was nice not to be in the middle of the madness downtown. There's a good restaurant, Legends, nearby as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank GRScott

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

That is my second time at this hotel. I have stayed in a very good size of room with small refrigerator and microwave. Wifi worked perfectly.
It is close (0.05 miles) to Villagio Pizzeria and other restaurant. If you are tired they are a good choice and go walking.
The breakfast is not not more than 5 (1-10). The good tip is going 6:30AM sharply for breakfast because it is really crowned. Great part o people are here for business and they wake up early. Give only 15 minutes after 6:45 AM and go to breakfast!! It is better not be stressed in the morning.
As it is ESPRESS. All simple Come & Go.

Room Tip: Breakfast after 6:45AM and Villagio Pizzeria behind the hotel (0.05miles)
2 Thank dicasdomaridao
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear dicasdomaridao,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your review is vital for improving the service and quality we offer to our valued guest. I am pleased to know that you liked our property. It is always hugely motivating when one takes the time and trouble to acknowledge or give points for improvement. We hope to get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future. Thank you once again for your valuable comment, and if you might have any suggestions that will contribute to enhancing your stay, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I had asked for separate bills for the 2 nights I stayed, due to the fact that one was being paid by my work, and I was paying for the other. I talked to 2 different people about getting this done, and still had to ask on the day I was leaving to have the bills separated, as they had charged both nights together. The hot tub and pool were out of commission which kind of upset me. Otherwise, I guess the hotel room, bed, linens were pretty nice, and it was nice and quiet.

1 Thank sheilaa229
HIEGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear sheilaa122

Thank you for staying with us, first of all thank you for the positive notes regarding our hotel. Second I would like to bring your attention that our pool was not out of order during your stay, it in fact was fully renovated, refilled and functioning during your stay. Our hot tub was down, which was brought to your attention when you checked into our hotel and you received 10.00 off your bill per night. Which brings me to the comment you left regarding our customer service and your final bill. I apologize that we were unable to send your bill to an email address belonging to your company. We did try on numerous attempts to contact anyone from that email address to verify payment for you however the company was not willing to open an account for your stay. This is most likely why you believe there was 'an issue' with your final bill when in fact the hotel was following your request to contact your company for payment. We enjoyed having you with us and hope you had a safe trip home. Have a good summer and thank you again
New Stanton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 July 2014

No record of our reservation or confirmation number was found during checkin. I did not make reservations at the other facility, we checked, so I have no idea who took down my information and didn't apparently enter it. We did manage to get two rooms, but others were sent away. The rooms, pool, breakfast was nice, but the hot tub wasn't very warm. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karen B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Karen B,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. We are pleased you liked the friendliness of our staff. We would like to apologize for the issues you had with your room reservations and any inconvenience the situation may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Fremont, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Had reservations for a family wedding. Went to check in and found that staff had entered one day before our actual arrival. Since they regarded us a no-show, rooms were canceled and my credit card was charged. Same thing happened with a niece and her husband. No rooms available for us and shift manager seemed to have little concern about the screw-up. Still waiting for credit to show. Didn't have a chance to check out the facility, so can't give thumbs up. Lessen learned--double check on reservations week before event.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank ALF4121
HIEGuestRelations, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Cherry Hills, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Anne F

I would like to apologize for the issues you encountered regarding your reservation and the error you encountered while booking your dates. Your credit card was refunded and our front desk shift manager cared about this error, because our hotel was full she did secured a room for you within the wedding block at the second location, which you did accept. Because the errors you encountered were in fact corrected and you did receive a room at the second location, it is disappointing that you would leave such a poor rating regarding our hotel considering you did not in fact stay here. Again we apologize for your booking error, have a nice summer.
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is by far and away the finest Holiday Inn suite I've stayed in. The desk staff was friendly and helpful, I actually wish I could have extended my business in town just to stay another night! Oh, and the Jacuzzi! I can't say enough about that amenity. A nice soak right before bed had me in a good place for a long day of meetings the following day.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Omaha area. They will be getting my business the next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: I stayed in a two-room king size suite on the third floor (Room 300 I think?). I was staying on a Tu...
2 Thank cstanleyrun
Iowa city
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Very clean and nice. Loved that the fitness room had a weight machine that actually did a lot! It would be nice if the happy hour had some healthily options. Same with breakfast starting at 630 it should be earlier. Adding some more options for breakfast would also be nice but it is one of the nicer ones I have seen.

Stayed July 2014