“Lovely until late”

Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown
Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Had a great stay at this hotel for a family birthday party, for the most part. Great room with a full kitchen. Thought it was odd that there was room for 8 to sleep but only 2 chairs at the kitchen table, but oh well. We had plenty of room. Very nicely appointed. Bed was one of the best we've had. Slept great UNTIL the furnace kicked in. Holy, Wha! LOUD and high-pitched!! It sounded like an army of blow dryers went off. Seriously frightened all of us. Quite unexpected. One wouldn't expect that in a Hilton facility for 300 bucks a nite. After the furnace shut down and we got back to sleep, the neighbors returned home from bar-hopping (just a guess..they were loud but not so much wasted). It was very easy to make out their conversations in the master bedroom where we were. It sounded like they were partying in our shower. Again, for 300 bucks a night, quite unexpected, and a surprise for a Hilton chain. Breakfast was passable, but nothing spectacular. Had better at Embassy suites. A brand new facility should have a little higher end HVAC equipment and thicker walls or better insulation. Felt like we certainly overpaid.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank RBC1962
lsaronomaha, General Manager at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2012

Thank you for taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown. We love guest comments because they help guide our leadership team in understanding where efforts or improvements should be focused. We take pride in giving our guests an exceptional stay experience, even after they have departed our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that your experience was below your expectations and you had difficulty with your billing. If you would, please contact me, or let me know how I can reach out to you to make this situation right. Please give me a call at 402.517.9950 or email me at lsaron@ncghotels.com. I look forward to talking with you soon and to having the opportunity to welcome you back to Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown.

Best Regards,

Linda Saron

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown

Reviewed 7 February 2012

We only stayed there for 1 day but it was well worth it. The staff was very warm and welcome and we were able to upgrade to a 2 bedroom since expedia could not via expedia's website. Beautiful rooms and amenities.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank hipresr
Reviewed 23 January 2012

Very Disappointed with our December 17, 2011 experience at this hotel. We were booked at this hotel for a company Christmas party. The room was fine but at check in we were required to leave a credit card on file for possible incidentals.......... we did not use anything extra yet the Full Charge for the room was billed to our ON HOLD credit card & not to the company that reseserved the room. Upon calling Homewood we were unable to speak with a clerk that could help us- upon speaking with the manager- we got No Further. She had no idea why they would do that - but was unable to help us & referered us back to our own company to resolve the issue. Expected Much More........ then no help for their own error ! Will not trust them with our personal credit card again !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lu Anne K

Best Regards,

Linda Saron

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I recently had a group stay here for a business meeting. The rooms were excellent, common areas at the hotel were great, and the service was wonderful. We had a very productive meeting and everything was handled exactly to our needs. I certainly would consider the Homewood Suites Omaha Downtown for my next stay in Omaha (either for a business or leisure stay).

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank KAH4321
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I'm hilton gold, still no check in gift, also didn't honor request for higher floor. Still was right near street and didn't hear much traffic. Room had stains in carpet that looked like they were cleaned but not able to make them vanish. Some body hair in bathroom. Over all I gave it a 5 since I think it is top 20% and I travel a lot with a lot to compare to. Breakfast was possibly the best free breakfast I'd ever had at a hotel, very good job. Forgot a personal care item and hotel had it in stock and wanted to charge 2 bucks for something that is 50 cent sample size at target and I later got free at my next stop at a holiday inn express. Tacky to nickel and dime guests so I did without. There is a nice little candy and soda nook by front desk. Parking was free and there is some security. Room was big much like a small appartment. This is the only Homewood I have stayed at and is better than any candlewood I been to. I have been to hampton next door and staff is not as good and rooms are tiny. I know it is prolly same owners but homewood is worth an extra 25 bucks.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank chuck29355
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Spent the Thanksgiving weekend at the Homewood Suites in Omaha, and liked the ease with which the visit was handled. We arrived early (10am) but they graciously accommodated us with our room so that we could unload our bags. The whirlpool and swimming pool were a nice touch for post-turkey relaxation. Free breakfast was adequate: it's rare to find a chain willing to splurge on free food, so don't expect a foodie's delight in the morning. We stayed in the two-bedroom suite since we were an adult family of five and we had plenty of room in the suite for maneuvering. Everyone was courteous and helpful. A very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Houyhnhnm
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Overall a very nice hotel, clean room and interior. Service was friend;y, although a little slow at check in. Breakfast was good and the nightly manager's receptions was a nice touch. Very convenient to the airport. Would be a five start, but the room rate was a little expensive for this type of hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business