“Really liked this place” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Lodge

Regency Lodge
Ranked #50 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Schuyler, Nebraska
“Really liked this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We took a mini vacation over the weekend & chose the Regency Lodge. Over all we were very happy with our stay. Highlights: Nice lounge with bar and fireplace and a good beer and liquor selection. Very nice bartender (was a fill in so didn't know much about drink questions but was friendly). Very close to shopping and restaurants. Also has a restaurant in property, but we didn't try it. Rustic lodge theme, cool wildlife portraits. Older property, but clean. Terrific beds! Bath and Body Works toiletries and hot shower with adjustable water pressure from light rain to power wash! Outside entry and porch area with chairs in first floor rooms.Great free breakfast. Eggs, bacon, waffles and all the continental fare. Pool and sauna area looked nice, didn't try but want to next time!
Cons: Shuttle only runs till 10pm. Not useful for a late dinner like I'd hoped. Front desk didn't give great instructions on finding the entrance around back. Simply to "go around to the door with an awning". ALL the outside doors have awnings so I was trying the room door, couldn't get in and had to reload and drive back around to the front and walk through the hotel. When I did find the door she meant, it was unsecured which I didn't like. Overall we will definitely stay again and recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RegencyLodge, Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our facility. We pride ourselves on the service received by our guests. With that being said, I have had our Guest Service Manager look into how the exterior entrance door directions are given and will make that process smoother for our guests moving forward.

Once again thank you for your feedback as I believe we can grow and better ourselves from it.

Paul Curley
Manager, Regency Lodge Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Columbus, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

Our family stayed here for a small getaway for my daughters 3rd birthday. It's a NICE hotel and the management has put thought into the details. It's decorated like a lodge which extends into the rooms. Our room had a little bar with fridge, microwave and bar sink. The bed was very comfortable (bring pillows mine seemed flat) and the room was a decent size and very clean. The only thing I would say is they are in serious need of newer TV's but hay the old huge 1990's tvs are still working why replace em! hehe The sconces and bathroom lighting even carried the lodge theme. The lobby area was set up with a bar/dinning area and included a man playing the piano. And also a nice fireplace to relax by. It was the nicest lounge area I've seen in a less then 5 star hotel. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Subway is across the parking lot if you are looking for a cheaper healthier alternative. The pool was simple but my kids didn't mind. The fitness room was small but everything seemed to be in decent shape. I did use the treadmill and it did the job :) Looks like they are in the middle of a remodel in that area also. Overall we had a wonderful stay and will be back.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are pretty comparable...Unless you get a suite Im sure those are ALOT nicer. :)
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a night on a business trip. It's a cute hotel and the management has put thought into the details. It's decorated like a lodge which extends into the rooms. My room had a little bar with fridge, microwave and bar sink. The bed was very comfortable and the room was a decent size and very clean. The sconces and bathroom lighting even carried the lodge theme. The lobby area was set up with a bar/dinning area and included a man playing the piano. It was the nicest lounge area I've seen in a less then 5 star hotel. The staff was very pleasant and helpful. I walked across the parking lot to the Twisted Cork for dinner. Wow! That was a great find. The pool was simple but looked nice. The fitness room was small but everything seemed to be in decent shape. Only one treadmill might create a problem but I used it at 4:30 so I was the only one there.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank holyschmit
RegencyLodge, General Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let the Regency Lodge know about your stay. We appreciate your feedback as to learn what we can do to improve your stay. The fitness center is in the process of expanding and having new equipment. Regency Lodge takes great pride in our deco. Look forward to seeing you again soon.
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I brought our 5 year old to Omaha for a few days to do some sightseeing on our time off and decded to stay at the Regency based on price/location. OVERALL we had a great experience. Here is how things were:

The room was cozy, maintained well by housekeeping. We stayed in the Regency dbl queen, which turned out to be cheaper then the standerd room, with the extended stay discount. The time we were there it was extremly windy and we could hear the wind blowing through the AC/Heating element. It wasn't bad enough to be annoying or to keep us awake. We were forgotten ONE day for a coffee replenishment for the coffee maker. But I went to the front desk to get one, no big deal.
The complimentary breakfast was good but it was the same 2 of the days, and the 4th they added pancakes and suasage. I would have liked to see fresh fruit or even yogurt as options, as I know there are pickier eaters out there. The bacon was yummy and crispy.

The pool was super warm! The highlight of my daughters stay! The sauna's door was very rough looking and looked smaller then it should, so there were large gaps on the side, so the one time I was hoping to use it, it didn't seem to be warming, I am guessing do to the heat escaping?

The fitness area, though brought clothes for it, we didn't use because the bike was broke, and one of the weight machines was stuck on 190# and there was no pin or obstruction. All that was left was the ab machine and lat pull down machine. HOWEVER if you like to run there is a great bike/running path RIGHT behind the hotel that stretches for MILES! (10+)

MY ONLY REAL complaint is NO PARKING while they are having a convention going on. The hotel has several convention rooms and one evening 2 we going on and we had to park at the back, OPPOSITE end of our room due to no parking spaces. My suggestion is reserving the front parking lot, right of the entrance for hotel residence, I am sure the weekdays aren't too busy to keep some parking spots reserved, so that families are walking around the buildings with small kids.

OVERALL, we did enjoy ourselves at the hotel and would consider staying there again. The area was pleasent and so were the staff!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank yanktongal
RegencyLodge, General Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let the Regency Lodge know about your stay. We appreciate your feedback as to learn what we can do to improve your stay. The fitness center is in the process of expanding and having new equipment. Regency Lodge has over 10,000 square feet of meeting space, and was voted “The Best Business Conference Venue” in 2013 by B2B magazine. The weekends can be busy with weddings and during the week with business meetings. The parking lot has over 250 parking spaces and six entrances to minimize the walking outside. Thank you for staying at Regency Lodge and we hope to see you again soon!
Santa Monica, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Beds were terrible, housekeeping did not replenish toilet paper or facial tissue so had to go to front desk to get supplies for room. Also, room lights were plugged into a dodgy extension cord -- along with the clock-radio. Plugged lights directly into outlet and they worked, but there was no space for clock-radio. Took dodgy extension cord to front desk but no one ever came by to fix things.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank snarkus04
RegencyLodge, General Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let the Regency Lodge know about your stay. I have spoke with both Housekeeping and Maintenance regarding the issues you had during your staff. We appreciate your feed back as to learn what we can do to improve your stay. The beds are all pillowtop mattresses and many repeat guests enjoy this.

Travellers are raving about these Omaha hotels

Mitchell, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

From the time I met with their staff at a Bridal Show until the day after my wedding, the staff was top notch in my book. The rooms where very clean and well stocked with towels and all that was needed. All our family and friends was just ecstatic about the facility and kind staff. The food just melted in your mouth. Excellent Chef!!!! Carl the bartender at my reception went out of his way to get my family the drinks they needed and took great care of my husband and I during our stay. We will be coming back year after year to remember our great time! Thank you everyone at Regency Lodge!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Lori, thank you for your wonderful response! We are delighted that you and your guests were so pleased with Regency Lodge Hotel. Our staff truly outshines the competition when it comes to care and attention to detail. I have let everyone know how happy you are with the service that was provided to you and truly appreciate you letting us share your special day!
Kansas City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Got a steal of a deal with an expedia rate of just $50 per night. Needed a place to stay for two nights in Omaha and took a chance. Very comfortable room with lots of space to spread out. Good bed and shower, super breakfast and nice lounge. Its not the newest or nicest place you can stay, but at this price I was very happy to stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RegencyLodge, Sales Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for staying at Regency Lodge Hotel and taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. Our beds are complete with pillow-top mattresses and we always serve a hot complimentary breakfast for our guests with overnight accommodations. We are thrilled your first experience with us was great, and hope you visit again!