“Rocky Start, Good Ending.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Lodge

Regency Lodge
Ranked #50 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Rocky Start, Good Ending.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

First I would like to say that the staff is all very kind, and quite knowledgeable about local attractions and restaurants. Our stay did not start out well, we booked two double queen rooms, and it was nice to have them side by side, One of the rooms was in good order, the other not as much, the second room (our room) had what appeared to be tiny glass shards on the bed, and no light bulb in one of the lamps, called down to the front desk and the lady sent someone up to change take the bedding so it could be changed, as I was waiting for bedding for the bed, so I could put my 2 year old to sleep, I noticed a colony of ants climbing the walls, so again I called down to the front, the front desk lady came up with the maintenance man to see what was going on, They were very nice threw all of this, no one made us feel as though it was a inconvenience, and they apologized profusely, I was told that it was not glass but glitter, but that raised the question of if the bedding had been changed, after all it was on ALL layers of the bed. The lady from the front desk was unable to secure us another double queen room but did move us to a Suite for the rest of our stay (due assumingly to the ants), Suite was very nice and everything was in order, very clean and cozy, the TV in the living room had some issues but once warmed up was alright, Housekeeping does show up at a very early time (around 8am) considering checkout isn't till noon. The Pool is a bit on the small side and did seem to have a lot of chlorine in it, but was in good repair, and is quite unusual to see one in a hotel that is 9 ft deep. The continental breakfast is good but not spectacular, for both days we stayed it was the same, Bacon, eggs, hash browns, Oatmeal, Toast (that didn't always fit in the toaster) waffles, and cereal. I have seen where they do change this occasionally, would think they would rotate it daily, to ensure variety for the guests that do stay longer than a night. Was offered shuttle service to a restaurant one night but turned it down due to having to provide a car seat for my daughter. Overall we had a good experience, it was a bit rocky at first but thanks to the lady at the desk that first night, I will say that if we are ever in the area again, we will be staying here.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Grace8680

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Hastings, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed at the Regency Lodge for a seminar. It was great and management was awesome! The clerks were friendly and very quick. Very good food and nice lounge. My bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows which seems to be hard to find as I stay in a lot of hotels due to my work. Regency Lodge is well worth the price!!!!

Room Tip: They also have a great continental breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Duluth, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We had an event at the hotel for several hundred people. The staff did a very good job, everything went smooth.

My room was fine. It was clean with comfortable bed & decent TV. I really liked the server in the hotel restaurant/bar. It always makes a difference to have nice, efficient staff. Worth staying in and having an "omaha steak" hamburger.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Morrow, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The staff was pleasant and a great help. The room was clean and quiet but needs a lot of updating. This appears to be an independent hotel and they do a pretty good job at it. For the price paid it was ok.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
RegencyLodge, General Manager at Regency Lodge, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Thank you for comments on our Regency Lodge. Yes, we are an independent hotel moving towards the Boutique Market at this time. We are aware of some upgrading that needs to be done around the facility and have plans in motion to begin those processes as early as April 1. We would love for you to stay with us again in the near future and see the progress we have made at that time.
West Des Moines, Iowa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked this for a get away with my boyfriend since he's an outdoorsy type. It was cheap, but the room wasn't great. There were cracks in the walls, thin walls and we could hear the people next to us and above us regularly. There ended up being blood on the sheets but the staff quickly changed them out for us. The area wasn't great either, but close to dining and bars!

Room Tip: Pick the top floor for sure!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Best cheapo hotel ever! We found a fantastic last-minute deal though the Hotel Tonight app, and were continuously impressed by what we saw during our stay.

Firstly, unlike your usual cheap chain hotels, this place has personality - and that personality is BEARS. Bears basically everywhere you look, against the backdrop of a nice woodsy lodge. I was way more excited about that than maybe I should be, but it really doesn't take much to transcend the usual boredom/cheapness of these hotels.

The free breakfast buffet was way better than usual - the eggs had cheese, tomato, & green pepper on top, and there was biscuits and sausage gravy. The hash browns were pretty dried out when we were there, but overall, it was still better than some breakfasts I've paid for.

Everything in the room seemed clean and of decent quality, and the staff was great. I didn't get to use the pool, but it seemed nicer than usual, with some indoor trees to liven up the place and no intense chlorine smell in the hallway.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple