Hotel Deco XV
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsbody jetsold marketrecommend hoteldowntown omahaking suiteboutique hotelmini barvalet parkingwet bargrab and goorpheum theaterwithin walking distancevalet servicebeautiful hotelroom was spaciousfront desk staffcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Overall we had a very nice experience. I was a little upset at first when we checked in and had found that our reservations were completely incorrect and had been misinformed/lied to. We scheduled through hotels.com but later re-did our reservations through the hotel itself as Eileen informed as that booking through a third party does not guarantee the room you want. We confirmed the reservations just a few days prior to our arrival with Eileen, and were told that we were fine after a long pause. When we got there, we were told that the reservations had been made for the month before and we should check to make sure we didn't have a cancellation fee charged to our account. Michael was very helpful with this, was going to get everything sorted ASAP, and got us the great room that we wanted (Room 726 Corner facing South and West- King Suite with TONS of space) so that made up for it. Overall Michael was fantastic- super friendly and the Valet gentlemen were super nice as well. The shuttle-bus service is really helpful, wasn't too necessary for us as you're already in the old market and walking is COMPLETELY manageable.

One of the best parts about this hotel is the proximity to Old Market. Would recommend asking for a higher floor away from Whiskey Tango bar which you can hear from the north and east- It's a fun bar- just not fun to listen to. Something on the south (once construction's done or West is Best- higher floor) Our room was perfect. There was some construction next door early in the morning but that's not anything that the hotel can control, and I I'm sure the apartment dwellers in the area are already on their case ;)

There were a few things that we really missed that prevented 5 stars such as the coffee pot in the room, coffee downstairs is great, but easier access would have been nice. Also missed having a DVD player (we wanted to watch a movie we had gotten for Christmas) and missed a microwave. There was a fridge in our room, but no where to heat it food or drinks. Perhaps they have ones they can bring up, but we didn't ask. Wasn't the end of the world, just comes in handy though when you have a leftovers and want hot chocolate while you watch a movie.
The hotel has it's quirks being an older building. The heater was a bit loud, but honestly didn't bother us at all, and we were totally fine with the elevators. Not sure what the big deal is. The shower did leak because of a gap in the door, but that really wasn't a big deal either.

Funny enough, best part of the whole experience was THE SHOWER. Seriously. Didn't miss the whirlpool experience at all. We're installing one of these showers in our house because of this hotel. Loved it. We also got breakfast in bed (Beds are AMAZING by the way) which was delicious. The croissant sandwich I got was huge and came with fruit.

Overall we had a great time and would come back because of the shower, Michael's and the Valets' great customer service, great decor and beds, and the ability to walk right into Old Market.

Room Tip: Get a room on the South or West Side. Make use of the shuttle service if you want to go to the casinos or bars, very friendly. Go Ice skating in the Old Market if they have it going.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

The exterior of the hotel is historic but located within walking distance to several places to eat and some stores.

The hotel Libby is eclectic? Maybe, but the elevators are right next to the registration desk so watch out with the traffic.

The rooms are very modern with a featured dark wall paper on one side. Tons of windows and natural light. The rooms are ample and the shower in the bathroom is AMAZING! I think I felt in love again with the shower!!! Love, love, love.

The room is missing coffee maker, even though they offer tea/coffee in the lobby, but I don't want to leave my room!
There are no plugs. Only 3 that I can see and that includes one side of the night table. A very noisy heater/ac. I actually had to turn it off and grabbed the Blanket so I could warm up while I was listening the tv at normal volume instead of trying to hear it over the heater.

The staff was very friendly and provided all info about the hotel which most of them were rules- no smoking, mini bar prices, etc etc.

Very comfortable beds and room itself but some missing details to make room warmer but I can come back

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel this week on business. Our company is going to have a lot of folks with extended stays in Omaha next year, so we are scouting out hotels for those long term stays.

Unfortunately, this hotel won't make the list.

First, the good stuff. This is not a chain hotel with cookie-cutter rooms. This is a cool old building with a lot of character that has been partially renovated. If you like the hipster, deco look you will LOVE this hotel. It's in a good location if you need to be in downtown Omaha. I was in a nice suite for the same price I have paid in the past couple of weeks to stay in a tiny standard room a couple of blocks away in a chain hotel. My room was quiet, comfortable and very well done. I tend not to sleep well in hotel rooms. However, I slept great in this room. Nice bathroom, though it took me a bit of time to figure out the shower. Free wifi, which is one of my personal pet peeves with the chain hotels. Ritz Carlton, I'm talking about you.

However, there were a few things that will keep me from coming back to this hotel.

First, you can't park your own car. You have to rely on the hotel valet. That's a deal killer with me if I'm not driving a rental. I don't like giving my car keys to MY eighteen year old, much less an eighteen year old I don't know. They need to disclose this on the hotel website. I never would have made a reservation had I known I couldn't park my own car. I was traveling with a lot of stuff, so this surprise when I got to the hotel late in the evening was very frustrating. I wasn't anticipating dragging all of my stuff out in the middle of a dark, cold, windy street.

Second, the front desk folks were very friendly, but mind-numbingly frustrating. I was the only person checking in, but somehow, I got checked in to the wrong room. Fortunately, the desk clerk realized her mistake just before I went up the elevator, saving me a trip back down to the front desk. In theory, at least. We got everything straightened out and then I proceeded up to my floor. I got to my room and much to my dismay, my key didn't work. After a trip back down to the front desk (dragging all of my stuff with me), I finally obtained a working key to the right room. I am sympathetic to busy desk clerks but this hotel wasn't busy when I checked in. I was the only person in the lobby. Getting people in their hotel rooms should be the most simple thing the hotel staff does.

Third, the elevators are in dire need of renovation and a good cleaning. They've spent a lot of time and money to renovate this nifty old building and again, my room was very nice, but the elevators were dank, dismal and, frankly, they both had an unpleasant odor. For me, the elevators really detracted from the otherwise nice renovation of the hotel.

Again, there's a lot to like about this hotel. The parking situation makes it wholly unworkable for our business needs, but if you're looking for a hotel with some character and nice rooms at very reasonable rates, try the Hotel Deco.

Room Tip: My floor had a lot of steps. If you have a large rolling bag you don't want to carry up and down steps, be sure to request a room near the elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank leawoodbeachguy
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Typical boutique hotel. There was unique deco furniture and decor. A nice lobby with wine area. There was even free valet service. The fitness center was a little weird. It was only through one elevator and through a maze. There are no fridges or microwaves, no continental breakfast. What they did have was great staff. They had a shuttle and did their best to coordinate with your schedule. The drivers are very knowledgable about the area and go out of your way to make sure you feel at home and in the know. The location is good too. You can walk to the hot spots in minutes. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay away from the construction side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We usually stay at the Hilton Garden Inn but the Sales Manager Troy reached out to us about this hidden gem. He was very professional and truly cared about our experience. The rooms were clean and extremely unique compared to the normal fancy hotel room. The staff was fantastic and went the extra mile for us. We enjoyed breakfast both days at the Zen Room at the hotel and also strongly recommend Sullivans steakhouse across the street. The value was great considering that the total amount we spent was very close to what we normally spend at the HGI. This is our new favorite hotel in Omaha and we will be finding more excuses to come to town!

Room Tip: We stayed on a higher level floor with a beautiful view of the city.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business