Hotel Deco XV
US$148
Travelocity
US$131
US$119
BEST WESTERN Old Mill Inn(Omaha)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$99
US$122
Home2.com
US$152
Hotwire.com
Sonesta ES Suites Omaha(Omaha)(Great Value!)
US$141
Hotwire.com
All reviewsbody jetsold marketrecommend hoteldowntown omahaking suiteboutique hotelmini barvalet parkingwet bargrab and goorpheum theaterwithin walking distancevalet servicebeautiful hotelroom was spaciousfront desk staffcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm always flabbergasted by people who choose to stay in an old hotel and then complain about the fact that it's old! A group of friends stayed there for a much-needed girls weekend. It's a lovely old place with a lot of character! The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. One of our party had a bottle of champagne to celebrate our weekend, and staff had champagne flutes up to our rooms immediately. Though we didn't use the service (and probably should have!), they offer free transportation within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Wonderful symphonic music is piped in throughout the lobby area.

The elevator is super fast for an old-timer. The rooms are huge, well furnished with modern-meets-art-deco styling. I love that the floors are not carpeted--carpet in a hotel room is icky! The shower was awesome!

There are signs of wear. Yep, it's old. The windows are original which is why you can hear outside noises.

The adjoining restaurant is fair at best--at least for breakfast. If we were to stay here again, and I hope we do, we would find a different place to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We wanted a boutique hotel to celebrate our anniversary at, in the Old Market area and this was what we chose. Rough start with the Valet who was no where to be found. Discovered she was trying to find someone who drive a stick-shift car to move the car that was sitting blocking everyone else who was arriving on Friday at 5 p.m. We took our luggage to our room ourselves.

Room was spacious and appeared nice at first site. Later discovered a shoe horn in the couch and chocolates in the carpet. Alarm clock was not changed since daylight savings time and we couldn't figure out how to change it. Bathroom & shower were beautiful but the shower leaked terribly, all over the floor and it was apparent that there was water damage in the wall and on the floor out in the living area as the tile was buckling. Floor boards were also popping off, I'm sure due to the water. Lastly, the windows and walls are very thin and the noise outside in the late evening was very loud. Also no coffee in the room.

I am aware it is an old building, which I'm sure is not easy to maintain, but considering it is billed as a 4 diamond property, I think more work needs to be done. I also wasn't impressed with the staff in the lobby; not professional nor welcoming or helpful. If we were to do this trip again, we would probably choose a different hotel in the vicinity, since there are plenty of others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel does not reflect it's current ratings. It's a very old building with an interior facelift. The luxury that exists in the lobby does not transition to the rooms. The room windows are very thin. You can hear everything going on outside like you could hear if the window was wide open. Wallpaper in my room was peeling and wall edge protectors were falling off. My bedside lamp was broken and the phone did not work. I noticed stains on the towels and the glasses have water spot marks all over. In the end, not worth the ratings that it has been given and I didn't even have to pay for the room. Fitness certain was also very disappointing. Only a few cardio machines and everything else was broken. Sauna was broken, water fountain was broken, whirlpool lacked water and looked disgusting. Location is very good though. Along a few blocks from The Old Market area.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Djohn513
Reviewed 1 April 2014

It's a very nice hotel but just shy of outstanding. First impression when you walk in the lobby is it's a bit dark and outdated. When you look to the right, however, and go down a few stairs, there's a lovely lobby that was empty when we were there. The rooms are suites and very spacious. The beds were very comfortable but everything is just a shade away from luxurious. The bathrooms have nice spa showers but the lighting was very poor. I was traveling for business and was disappointed when I asked at the front desk if we could present a "big" check in the empty lobby for a quick photo opp and was turned down. The desk clerk was just following orders but the manager didn't even bother to show his face to explain why. It seemed like a good opportunity for some free publicity. The denial came across as poor customer service. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Mickie
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This was one of the best hotel experiences I've ever had. Free, fast valet. Check in was wonderful. The gentleman who checked us in was friendly & welcoming. Very nice rooms, beds were comfortable, and the shower...oh the shower! So amazing I never wanted to get out. I'd stay here again just for that. However, the bathroom door wouldn't shut. A little awkward for a group of us coworkers sharing a room.
Another huge plus: free shuttle. We were taken around downtown in a Mercedes and after bar they picked us up for free (after letting us stop for some food.) The staff remembered us by name and treated us so well. We were all blown away by the service these people provided and we let them know it! Their response? "You deserve it." You know what? We all do deserve it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends