“Wickedly wonderful stay!”
Review of Hotel Deco XV

Hotel Deco XV
Ranked #18 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My mother, daughter and I stayed here prior to attending a production of Wicked. It was a delightful experience. The decor reminded us of old Hollywood. The staff was most attentive and anticipated our needs without asking. We most definitely will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Let's start with the bad news first: I've stayed in this hotel 4 times now and the van is always at least 30 min late to pick us up at the airport (yesterday it was 54 to be exact).

We waited in the lobby for another 20 minutes before we were acknowledged and given a room.

The gym is decent and spacious. It also has a non functioning whirl pool and dry sauna that is nice to look at. You'll wish they were working so you could enjoy them.

My room's wallpaper had been ripped off portions of the wall, the towels/sheets were frayed and worn, and the room service form had already been filled out by a prior guest. Someone had also opened and used the complementary q-tips and put them back. A little more attention to detail on the housekeeping's part may remedy some of these issues.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful and the hotel is located in a beautiful area with lots to see and do on foot.

The rooms are very unique!! In fact, I'd say they are the most unique rooms I've seen since becoming a flight attendant a year and a half ago. I love the contemporary gothic feel! The rooms are also equipped with a mini fridge, mini bar, portable phones, very comfortable/clean beds, robes, magazines, and a shower with 7 heads! The shower will get the bathroom floor all wet cause it always sprays out the door, but it's by far my favorite shower from any hotel.

All in all, I'd stay again, but it needs some improvement.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This boutique hotel is very well-appointed with unique furnishings that let you know you're not at a chain. The showers are amazing with a vertical spray bar in addition to the overhead rain spray. Convenient to downtown business and to the Old Market. Only valet parking available, which might frustrate some since the wait can be 10-15 minutes during busy times. There's no coffee in the room. Seems like a small thing but it's so common now that the absence is notable. Breakfast is only at the restaurant.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 May 2014

What a great historic building. The quality and high level of the furnishings were beyond expectation. The Mattress was one of the best I had ever been on in a hotel. The staff was very eager and happy to help. No problems at all. Can not wait to stay again!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I'm always flabbergasted by people who choose to stay in an old hotel and then complain about the fact that it's old! A group of friends stayed there for a much-needed girls weekend. It's a lovely old place with a lot of character! The front desk staff were friendly and accommodating. One of our party had a bottle of champagne to celebrate our weekend, and staff had champagne flutes up to our rooms immediately. Though we didn't use the service (and probably should have!), they offer free transportation within a 3 mile radius of the hotel. Wonderful symphonic music is piped in throughout the lobby area.

The elevator is super fast for an old-timer. The rooms are huge, well furnished with modern-meets-art-deco styling. I love that the floors are not carpeted--carpet in a hotel room is icky! The shower was awesome!

There are signs of wear. Yep, it's old. The windows are original which is why you can hear outside noises.

The adjoining restaurant is fair at best--at least for breakfast. If we were to stay here again, and I hope we do, we would find a different place to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We wanted a boutique hotel to celebrate our anniversary at, in the Old Market area and this was what we chose. Rough start with the Valet who was no where to be found. Discovered she was trying to find someone who drive a stick-shift car to move the car that was sitting blocking everyone else who was arriving on Friday at 5 p.m. We took our luggage to our room ourselves.

Room was spacious and appeared nice at first site. Later discovered a shoe horn in the couch and chocolates in the carpet. Alarm clock was not changed since daylight savings time and we couldn't figure out how to change it. Bathroom & shower were beautiful but the shower leaked terribly, all over the floor and it was apparent that there was water damage in the wall and on the floor out in the living area as the tile was buckling. Floor boards were also popping off, I'm sure due to the water. Lastly, the windows and walls are very thin and the noise outside in the late evening was very loud. Also no coffee in the room.

I am aware it is an old building, which I'm sure is not easy to maintain, but considering it is billed as a 4 diamond property, I think more work needs to be done. I also wasn't impressed with the staff in the lobby; not professional nor welcoming or helpful. If we were to do this trip again, we would probably choose a different hotel in the vicinity, since there are plenty of others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This hotel does not reflect it's current ratings. It's a very old building with an interior facelift. The luxury that exists in the lobby does not transition to the rooms. The room windows are very thin. You can hear everything going on outside like you could hear if the window was wide open. Wallpaper in my room was peeling and wall edge protectors were falling off. My bedside lamp was broken and the phone did not work. I noticed stains on the towels and the glasses have water spot marks all over. In the end, not worth the ratings that it has been given and I didn't even have to pay for the room. Fitness certain was also very disappointing. Only a few cardio machines and everything else was broken. Sauna was broken, water fountain was broken, whirlpool lacked water and looked disgusting. Location is very good though. Along a few blocks from The Old Market area.

• Stayed: April 2014