“Such service!”

Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside
Ranked #16 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff at this location was the best - helpful, nice, answered all of my questions about the city and local hot spots for dinner! The workout facility is the best I have ever seen at a Hampton. Free weights, benches, stability balls, mats and cardio equiptment. I was impressed and with all of the choices you have in a larger city like Omaha, no question I would go back again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

We are pleased that you found our staff to be very friendly and the fitness center to be the best you have seen for a Hampton. We thank you for staying with us here at the Hampton Inn Lakeside and we appreciate you sharing your feedback with others. Thanks for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your return trips to Omaha.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Our family celebrated our son's 30th birthday. He is a paraplegic and the wheel chair accessible room is wonderful. They placed our three rooms all together which made it very convenient. The lobby, breakfast area and rooms were all exceptionally nice and clean. We had a wonderful weekend at the Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

We were very happy to hear that we made your son's 30th birthday a successful one. We were very happy to be able to place all of your rooms close together as well. We were pleased that you found our property to be very clean and we certainly look forward to seeing you on any future trips to the Omaha area.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

Everything was fine - no complaints! Room was comfortable, quiet and temperature was easy to control. Bed was very nice! Hotel was in a good location with a lot of restaurants available. Also front desk provided a list of restaurants along with their menus that deliver to the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We were pleased to hear that you found the hotel to be very comfortable and we are certainly happy to help with any needs that our guests may have. We look forward to your return stays with us.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

From the time I entered the hotel until I left I loved it. My room was clean and smelled clean too. The staff made me feel valued and welcomed. I looked forward to the cookies in the evening. I will stay there during my next trip to Omaha.

1  Thank Annette R
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your great experience here at the Hampton Inn. We are very pleased that you found the hotel to be wonderful place to stay and we certainly do look forward to seeing you on your return trips to Omaha.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We just stayed here this past Saturday night and it was great. It was clean and QUIET. That is hard to find on a weekend night. Slept great! Breakfast was good and the staff was friendly. We would stay there again anytime.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

We are very pleased to hear that your stay was a great one and that you found the hotel to be very clean and quiet one. In sharing this with the staff, we were pleased that you found the staff to be friendly and the breakfast to be good. We all look forward to seeing you again on future trips to Omaha.
Thanks for choosing the Hampton Inn Lakeside!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stayed at this Hampton during a sporting event our teen agers competed in nearby Gretna, NE. The location is handy, near shopping, restaurants and movies. The breakfast is very good and we enjoyed the indoor pool. It was all a positive experience! We will stay again & recommend to others!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Hampton17606, General Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

We were very pleased to hear of you great experience here while staying at the Hampton Inn Omaha Lakeside. We certainly do appreciate your feedback and we look forward to seeing you again on your future trips. Thanks for choosing Hampton Inn Lakeside!!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

This was my first visit to Omaha, and most definitely will be my last at this hotel. I have family members in the hotel business and I also travel quite a bit for work, so I really do try to avoid posting any negative reviews about the (mostly) good folks running these hotels, because, let's be honest, it is a very tough business. However,this place left a uniquely bad taste in my mouth, and I just have to say something. My business partner and I got back on a Saturday night to our room after-hours after celebrating the Nebrasksa win over Northwestern with some friends in Omaha. We decided to walk out to Walgreens to grab some cigars and snacks. While we were walking back to the hotel, three cop cars surround us and very politely ask us if we were guests at the Hampton Inn. Apparently, the night manager at our hotel saw fit to call the authorities on two guests because of "suspicious activity." Thankfully, the cops realized within two minutes that we were harmless visitors and proceeded to inform the hotel of their mistake. When we returned to the hotel, I directly confronted the night manager (Joseph) about the situation that happened, Instead of being apologetic and understanding, Joseph defended his own actions, and couldn't even muster a simple apology, or even call this issue a "misunderstanding." In fact, he blamed us for the fact that he didn't see us walk out the front door. I asked Joseph how he would feel if he were in my shoes, and he admitted that it would be terrifying...but still no apologies for ANYTHING. I was very upset by this and will be writing a letter to the corporate offices about my experience. I've never had an experience like this in the US or even abroad. I am not going to assume this was racially motivated, but I can't rule it out either given the fact that both my business partner and I are of Indian descent. I'll post an update here if the hotel does anything at all to rectify this, but until then, avoid at all costs.

2  Thank Samit G
Hampton17606, Manager at Hampton Inn Omaha West - Lakeside, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

We are extremely sorry that you had to deal with this and we are very sorry that this has happened to you. Please give us a call at your earliest convenience and we would like to find a resolution to this misunderstanding.
We do look forward to hearing from you.