“Nice stay!”

Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
St Louis, United States
“Nice stay!”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Visited Creighton with my daughter. This was a very nice hotel at a good price. I was very happy with everything except the hot breakfast raised my expectations only to dash them as the bacon and potatoes weren't good. They did have a pretty wide selection of other foods. It just turned out to be a very ordinary hotel breakfast when it could have been great.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Vicki F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We love guest feedback! We appreciate your positive comments. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our overall service.

Warm Regards,

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Rochester, United States
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Had a last minute flt cancelation and needed accomodation. Hotel is close to airport. Staff recommended since I had early flt to return car in evening and they would pick me up at airport and take me in morning. This saved me additional car rental fee. They also took me downtown for dinner and picked me up. Great shuttle service would use again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hampton Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown. Guest feedback is our most valuable tool for ensuring we provide an amazing stay experience. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your positive comments on our hotel are very much appreciated and we will share them with our entire team.

Best Regards,

Cincinnati
Reviewed 20 January 2014

When I go to the College World Series, this is where I stay. The service is great - the staff is welcoming, friendly and helpful in any way. They go out of their way to accommodate you. They have a few little touches that make this Hampton very special, e.g., sunflower seed packets, popcorn, bottle water for the guests for before and after the games! A great little place with the comforts of home away from home! I would be eating seeds attending games at home and love eating them watching the games at TD Ameritrade!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (I think) overlook the ballpark, but the rooms on the north side are quieter...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Best Regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 January 2014

This is one of the nicest Hampton Inns that I've stayed in over the past two years of traveling. Every furnishing -- both in the lobby and in the rooms -- is beautifull, the entire facility is clean times ten, and the location couldn't be better. You are maybe 10 minutes from the airport, across the street from TD Ameritrade Field -- where the College World Series and Creighton Baseball is played -- and a short walk from a bunch of interesting restaurants.

The only hitch: My bed was one of the most uncomfortable hotel beds that I've ever slept on! It caught me by surprise, given how fantastic the rest of the facility was.

Maybe I was unlucky and just landed in the wrong room. Overall, I'd stay here again anytime.

Warm regards,

Topeka, Ks
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Everything about our stay was very good. This is the first time in quite a while that EVERYTHING in the room was clean. We stayed two nights and the room was cleaned well both times. I didn't have to ask for anything such as towels, coffee, shampoo, etc. In most hotels, something is always missing. Not here. All of the front desk staff we encountered were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than average. we didn't use the pool but from what I saw, it looked nice. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in Omaha.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
I will be sure to let our Breakfast, Front Desk, and Housekeeping team know they did a great job!

Warm Regards

Missouri
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I needed a place to sleep for one night and this Hampton had good reviews and a great price. Location is convenient to airport and there's a free shuttle - pretty much the first hotel you encounter as you come into town.

The front desk staff were all friendly and helpful and the lobby was spacious with lots of room to sit and have breakfast. My room seemed, well, roomy. When I walked in the bathroom and closet were on the right, then past that the bed was parallel, facing the window, rather than perpendicular like most hotel rooms. Sometimes you feel crowded in rooms where you walk between the foot of the bed and the desk/TV or furniture. Here everything was along the back wall so there's plenty of room along the side and foot of the bed (which included a settee).

I had a couple of quibbles with the bathroom design. There was a partial wall between the sink and the toilet, which is fine. What was odd, though, was after I washed my hands and looked for a towel, I found they were all hanging over the toilet. So you literally have to take a few steps with wet hands and grab a towel instead of having one at hand, so to speak. What would make a bathroom designer move the towel rack (which was actually a nice wooden open cabinet-type) so far away?

The other minor flaw was that there was a shower stall, not a bathtub, and there was only one ridged soap dish attached to the wall. Just try to balance a bar of soap, a bottle of shampoo, and a bottle of conditioner! Impossible. Usually when hotels don't provide a space to put the shampoo, you would simply put it on the edge of the tub and reach down for it. But you can't do that in a shower stall for obvious reasons. I guess you can leave the bottles on the floor of the shower and do a yoga move to pick them up. The fact the shampoo bottles were rounded made it even more impossible for them to stay on the soap dish.

But to make up for that, the soap and shampoo and lotion were Neutrogena brand, not the nondescript Hampton-labeled products. They were all higher quality and had a milder aroma. I might even get some Neutrogena at the store next time.

Breakfast was typical - no surprises. A free local paper and US News were available.

So to sum up - lots of nice touches for a low-priced hotel and I'd definitely recommend staying here. Now if I could only have a word with the bathroom designer...

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
I will be sure to let our team know they did a great job! We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Warm Regards

Kearney, Nebraska
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We usually stay at Hampton Inns and are happy with our experience. This was no exception. We will stay again. The staff is welcoming and professional. The location of this hotel is exceptional. Great place to stay in Omaha.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We love guest feedback! We appreciate your positive comments. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed overall service received by our team.

Warm Regards,