“Great place to stay in downtown Omaha”

Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Clean, competitive price and in the heart of downtown Omaha. This hotel is also close to the airport with a shuttle for those that are flying out. Customer service was top notch and rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I would not stay anywhere else and I am a frequent business traveler as well. Hotel is exceptionally clean, size of the rooms are perfect, internet service, the staff is friendly and responsive and the breakfast is outstanding. The best part is the bed, a slice of heaven...great mattress, a large comforter, a great night of sleep every time. It doesn't matter what city you are in....the Hampton Inn offers an excellent hotel experience every time.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2014

As someone who has stayed in many a Hampton Inn, I can say that this one is quite lovely. We were checked in quickly by Nathan, who was extremely friendly and welcoming. Our room was large, clean, and bright. The king bed was comfortable, WiFi was free and fast as per the norm at Hamptons, TV was large and had many channel choices, and the bathroom was of good size. And it didn't have a tub shower, which I hate; instead, it had a large walk-in shower which was wonderful. Parking was free and there seemed to be a decent number of spaces. There is a lack of restaurants/bars nearby, but there are a couple within a few blocks. The hotel shuttle is wonderful - we walked down to Old Market and had them pick us up, which was efficient and free.

Breakfast was probably the best I've had at any Hampton. That being said, normally Hampton breakfasts are disappointing. This one did have french toast sticks, eggs, decent sausages, waffles, etc. The only fruit they had was whole fruit, not a fruit salad like many other Hampton's have, which was slightly disappointing. The sausage was the best part. French toast sticks were okay; Eggs were standard boil-in-a-bag scrambled Hampton default which are awful and I avoid like the plague (my wife did not, and told me how bad they were). But overall it was the best breakfast I've had at any Hampton, and was pleasantly surprised.

I did, however, leave with a bad taste in my mouth. It was a busy Sunday morning, check-out time, full hotel...one person working the desk. It took 10 minutes to check out, as I did not see any "quick check-out" type boxes/kiosks like some other hotels have. And the manager just walked past, leaving the very hard working lady on her own to check us all out. Very, very frustrating and a bad end to an otherwise lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was my first stay at the Hampton Inn in downtown Omaha. Everything seemed new and in excellent condition. The front desk staff were fast, efficient and friendly. The breakfast seemed to have a better selection than normal. Definitely a place I recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

First off/ Nathan at the front desk did an amazing job multitasking with many guests coming in at once. How can you have one front desk associate in a hotel this busy is beyond me, but maybe the management team is underestimating the need for more help. The hotel was large and modern but really needs some thicker walls with all the crazy kids running around the hallways screaming. Also parking can be an issue at night so try to check in early to find a spot. Don't stay here if you want a quiet trip to Omaha! Overall it was a good value for the location and price. It was right across the street from TD ameritrade stadium so check the schedules to avoid events here. Parking is free as well.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sean G
lsaronomaha, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Greetings! Thank you for your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. Nathan is wonderful and we are lucky to have him on our team! We are pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your comments regarding free parking. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Omaha.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel and especially to those without transport. A phone call from the airport to the hotel and a shuttle car was there within 15 mins.

The hotel staff were very welcoming and the room was comfortable with microwave and fridge which turned out to be very handy.

As I did not have a car I was delighted to find that a shuttle service was available to take me to the various art galleries/museums/ zoo and the river for a cruise and back. Usually the shuttle was ready within about 10 mins of requesting transport. This is a really amazing and wonderful service. All the drivers were very friendly and gave suggestions of where to visit and restaurants.

A good buffet breakfast was provided to start the day off.

The hotel is probably about a 10 - 15 min drive from the Old Market which has quite an atmosphere.

A slight disadvantage if you haven't got a car is that there are few restaurants around the hotel with the nearest sports bar being about a 20 min walk away. This is, of course, overcome when you have your hotel shuttle available.

The final delightful and unexpected surprise was just as I checked out and leaving with the shuttle the receptionist gave me a bottle of water for the journey. This was an amazing gesture of kindness and was much appreciated.

I have stayed at many Hampton Inns, three on this years visit to America, but I would rate this the very best of the ones I have stayed at and will certainly stay at this Inn on my next visit to Omaha.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank KeithHAR

Thank you for your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you had a great stay with us and value the time you took to write such a detailed review of your experience with us. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and will share your positive remarks regarding service and shuttle with our team. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Omaha.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Room was like a small apartment, complete with sofa, table and chairs, refrigerator, and microwave. Staff was helpful. Airport drop-off and pick-up within 10 minutes of asking. Breakfast was okay, nothing special. Rooms was peaceful and quiet!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your recent stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor. We are pleased you had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again next time you're in Omaha.