“Highly recommended!!”

Ranked #74 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Costa Mesa, California
“Highly recommended!!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed at Home-towne Lodge, check in went smooth & quick, room was clean, location is good, right off the interstate & next to a Sapp Bros. DVD player in room & they have a selection of DVDs you can rent for free. Manager Patti really went really above & beyond when I realized I had left an item in the room.. (Unfortunately) I was already out of town but I called anyways to see if they had found it/ could maybe ship it to me. It hadn't been turned in but Patti said to call the next morning to see if the maid could locate it. Called the next day & was told it wasn't found :( THEN I get a call the next afternoon from Patti saying they had found my item & would be mailing it to my house that day, no charge! I am so thankful, I couldn't let that go without sharing.

• Stayed August 2014
3 Thank Coral C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Itasca, Illinois
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Tried the motel because we had heard it was clean and cheap. The front desk staff was friendly and check in was smooth.

Upon arriving in the room it had the odor of…I don’t know what. It seemed like they were trying to cover up a foul odor with some sort of masking agent. I hope it wasn’t the smell of death. The smell was very strong when we arrived so we left the front door and little window open to air it out. It helped quite a bit.

The room (#11) itself appeared clean but very, very dated, worn out and potentially dangerous. Let’s start with worn out. Scratched furniture, permanently stained rugs, out of date décor, and the headboard was supported by two prominently displayed drywall screws. The screws were the best piece of artwork in the room. The washroom was tiny with a small round style commode. The shower head came off when I tried to adjust the flow from standard stream to massage. Apparently it was very loose already. It was also mounted very low. I wonder how comfortable a six footer woudl be in there. the bed was so soft we kept rolling to the middle.

On the potentially dangerous side, all the electrical outlets we tried were very loose. My phone and computer cords fell out. One lamp cord had been spliced and repaired about 6” from the plug end with two wire nuts and (I could be wrong but) it seemed two nonslip strips were missing from the tub.

On the plus side they have free wireless (that was easy to connect to), free DVDs and (not very good) coffee 24 hours. There is a small fridge and microwave in the room. The concrete parking lot was also in great shape with nary a pothole to be found. There are a couple of benches across the parking lot with a grassy area for kids to play or Frisbee to be thrown.

In retrospect we should have left immediately.

All in all I’d rather pay more and get more.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank ItascaMark
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed there for 5 nights and it was good. Patti was very helpful as was the rest of the staff. It was close to Sapp Brothers which was good since we are truck drivers. We will stay there again, very pet friendly. They are truck driver friendly, with plenty room for trucks with trailers.

• Stayed July 2014
Payson, Utah
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We stayed here last week for four nights and it was a terrible experience. We showed up after a 13 hour car ride to check in only to find they had overbooked the hotel and we did not have a room. We waited for a couple of hours and finally got keys to a room but were told it would not be ready for another hour.

We went to the college world series and were able to get into the room at 10:45 that night. We paid for a non-smoking room but upon entering the room we were almost overpowered by the stench of cigarettes. I called down to the front desk to see if we could switch rooms but there were no other rooms available....so I drove to Walmart and bought some cans of Febreeze. For the next four days we followed the same ritual...I would go in and febreeze the room and my wife and son would come in 3-5 minutes later.

The hotel is in a semi sketchy area. It has an agreement with Werner trucking so 30 rooms are utilized by them on an ongoing basis. It is in a very industrial area. My wife did not feel safe walking anywhere by herself to get something to eat.

The beds were terrible...very hard and the pillows felt a lot like bunched up stuffing. We brought pillows but with the room continually smelling like cigarettes we did not want to contaminate our personal linens. The fridge was nice and having a microwave was also a bonus.

The room was very dirty. My wife ran a wet wipe over the linoleum and it was filthy. My son found a used tampon under the edge of one of the beds...he picked it up and asked me what it was and I almost threw up. The shower was serviceable, but there was no fan in the shower area.

The staff was trying...I think they were just overwhelmed. I will not be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 217...non-smoking...but it reeked of cigarettes. Avoid that room if you have sensi...