“Business Trip”

Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Overall I would give the hotel a 3.5 stars. One of the biggest issues was the water. I stayed for 9 nights and probably 4 of the mornings I did not have hot water or you had to let it run for 10 minutes to get hot water. Took lukewarm showers. The location is great. The food was ok I guess. Nothing was really great, but nothing was really bad either. Another thing that I did not like is that there are no refrigerators or microwaves in the room. I would stay here again if I had business in Downtown Omaha mainly because of the location.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to improve our guest’s experience with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately, it sounds like we fell short of our own high standards in this case. To help avoid any recurrence, I have reviewed your comments as well as our expectations with our team. Additionally, I have passed along your information about average food quality to our Food and Beverage team, and the luke warm water issue has been addressed and resolved. We can also have a fridge and microwave delivered to your room upon your request.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity in the future to earn your patronage by giving us another try when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Staff was excellent. Food was excellent. But when we got to our floor, we noticed ice machine not working. Then the next morning we had NO hot water for showers or to brush our teeth. Temperature in room was very warm, even tried to adjust the thermostat but did not work.

1  Thank Michelle F
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to improve our guest’s experience with us. I do apologize for the issues you experienced while staying with us. Unfortunately, it sounds like we fell short of our own high standards in this case with some building issues. I have had engineering inspect the issues you experienced for some resolution going forward.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

My company uses the Double Tree in Omaha a lot and has for a number of years. It has been clean and comfortable every stay. Consistantly clean and comfortable. I stayed there when it was the Red Lion in 1976. It is still as nice now as it was then. It is also close to my employer. Very Nice

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to share the nice feedback with our team. I don't if I can Thank You enough for your overall loyalty to this property since 1976!!!

We look forward to the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

The food was fantastic, especially when serving such a large crowd of 350+. Hotel rooms were also nice, little warm, but not bad. Shower had nice hot water also. There was no refrigerator in the room like some hotels, not a big deal. But something to think about while planning ahead. Parking garage was handy and easily accessible. I did not take advantage of the shuttle to the Old Market, but lots of others did. They said it was fantastic and had a great experience.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you so much for your very kind response, your feedback will be wonderul to share with out team. Nothing is better than hearing from our guests especially when we have been a part of great day.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

will never stay again, we had no hot water to bathe with and the BR sink was glogged and not draining..things that were to be in room were not there..they woke me at midnight and brought a footstool as I am handicapped and had asked for one to be in room when we arrived(they are susupose to be in there anyway was comment)maintenance was still working on getting hot water to room at midnight!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 29 January 2014

the tv in the room wouldn't work. had to call front desk for help and they came up and touched a couple of buttons to get it to come on and left and then the next morning it did the same thing. when i checked in i told them i didn't want breakfast and they charged me for it anyway.

1  Thank Brian B
Travis K, Owner at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Omaha Downtown. I was disappointed to hear about the lack of service you recieved regarding the TV issues during your stay. Our Chief Engineer has already addressed this issue with his team to better serve our guests. Additionally, please let me know if you need further assistance with the overcharge for breakfast. I have relayed this message onto our F&B Manager for resolution.

If we are lucky enough to earn your business back when returning to the Omaha area, please reach out to me personally at 402-636-4901. I am confident that we can show you what we are really about.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I had a great stay in a very comfortable room. My only recommendation is to update the bar area as it is several notches below the standard set by the lobby and the rooms. Since there are no other apparent options within a quater-minle of the hotel, having a nice place to unwind and socialize is important (to me).

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for the kind feedback and suggestion on the bar area. I have shared your kind words with our team, but also wanted to let you know we are in the process of updating all of our TV's with in the next two weeks and will be adding new furniture with in the month.

I hope we get and opportunity to host you again while in the area.

Warmest regards,