“Fantastic service!”

Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market
Ranked #36 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights on a work trip... The staff was super duper as I had some spare time and went downstairs to the hotel bar to find that it was pretty packed. I ordered a beer and crashed by their free Internet workstations that also offered free printing. they came to check on me every once in a while and even offered me a glass of water. The only weird thing is due to the building and how it was built, in the winter time they only offer heating in the rooms, which gets pretty hot. There is a slight window you can open but it doesn't help that much.... I was worried as the water pressure in the sink was very weak, but the showers were nice and powerful.

sometimes the cleaning staff for the rooms neglect the coffee or tea refills, but they did awesome and replenished the supply.

Great stay; convenient free shuttle within a four mile radius and to the airport; great staff!! I believe they even offer bicycles for rent so you can enjoy the city! Thank you!!!

P.s. I wonder if double tree offers other options for their pillows? Down pillows offer very little support :(

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us at the DoubleTree Omaha Downtown. The team was very excited to read your comments about them and the level of service you recieved. We as a team like to celebrate what we do, so THANK YOU again!

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com.

Warmest Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Hotel is a bit dated, but clean. Hotel staff was great and accommodating. Free full buffet breakfast was very good. Gym is adequate. A couple of elliptical machines, treadmills, and a few free weights.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a review for the DoubleTree Omaha Downtown . I will be reviewing your survey with our departmental management to inform them of both the highlights of your stay and the opportunities that we have. It is because of our valued guests like YOU that take the time to provide feedback for us to truly discover how well we meet expectations, and I can't thank you enough on behalf of our operation for sharing your experience with us.

We know that you have many options in the Omaha-metro area for accommodations and are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us - it is certainly my hope that we become your choice home away from home in town. Please don't forget us next time you plan to visit the community, and don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further service to you!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I upgrade to King suites it was Outstanding and a great location downtown for business meeting and the Old Market area. Real good shuttle service. They were willing to take you to any area downtown within 5-10 at no cost.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to share the nice feedback with our team.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Outstanding service from the staff went a long way towards offsetting the tired decor and aging infrastructure. The new Starbucks in the lobby is a good start, but more renovation is needed. Up first would be installling a modern heating/cooling system with year-round adustability. A staff so friendly deserves a first rate facility to run ...

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I want to also Thank You for the additional comments regarding the property, as they are also useful feedback for us as an organization. We hope to be able to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I love the location and where we needed to be but started off on a wrong foot.

Beds were comfortable, view was great.

Lounge was nice and open and welcoming for everyone to gather.

Room Tip: Top floors have great rooms and they had 4 elevators (maybe 5).
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave S

David,

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. While I was happy to hear about the good things during your stay, I was disappointed to hear about the troubles you had during your stay. I know you spoke with our Food and Beverage Manager by phone earlier this week about resolution on the issues you encountered as well. I was very excited to hear about the compliments towards Thelma in housekeeping, and Thank You for those. We as a team will celebrate the great feedback with her.

Please let me know if there is anything additional I can do for you.

Travis Kuhlman
402-346-7600

Reviewed 23 February 2014

I love the location and where we needed to be but started off on a wrong foot. We checked in, the process was pretty smooth. Only one door worked for bringing in carts for luggage so was kind of a pain but got thru it. We went to the 18th floor to go to our room and we found the latch open (the stopper) so were concerned that this was our room or what?? Called from desk from my cell and said a Night Manager would come up to investigate. No one showed. We were there with all our luggage and items for like 15 minutes. Which seems like an eternity when traveling all day. We flagged down an extremely nice housekeeper who came and checked out room for us but thought that was really odd to have our room propped open. The bathroom had the plug outlet handing by a wire (dangling) that we had to push back into the wall when using hair dryer. Beds were comfortable, view was great. We had a terrible experience in bar/rest as we ordered three meals for my family. They came out in 3 different deliveries. Mine was a burger and extremely cold. My daughter ordered a simple cheese casadia and it came out 30 minutes later and was cold too. It's too expensive to order food and have it come out so late and cold. Just my opinion. Lounge was nice and open and welcoming for everyone to gather. Parking was easy, close by and not very much money. If you have a tall vehicle, you cannot park there. I think our Tahoe may have been the cap. Nice place, management didn't seem concerned about our check in issues and when I checked out, the woman didn't ask my "How was your stay?"

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Can't control the temp of the rooms! Dang. Just a fan. I like a cooler room and I couldn't get the temp right. Very frustrating. I'm guessing it's an older hotel with an outdated HVAC system. I wouldn't recommend staying at the hotel because of the lack of climate controls unless you happen to not notice the temperature.

1  Thank Christopher P S

Thank you for choosing the DoubleTree Omaha Downtown while in the Omaha area. I am sorry to hear about the HVAC issues you experienced in your room, but did want to let you know that I have passed this feedback along to our Engineering team for some resolution going forward. If we are lucky enough to host you again when in the area, please contact me directly.

Thank you again for choosing the DoubleTree Omaha Downtown.

Travis Kuhlman