“Friendly Staff”

Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market
Ranked #36 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Staff was great! Everyone was friendly and helpful. The bath tub was slow draining but was immediately fixed. The only suggestion would be to have little refrigerators in each room. We did the zoo package and they even had a shuttle to and from the zoo so there was no hassle finding it. The buffet was very good, a lot to choose from and pleasant atmosphere. Close to everything from the old market to anything you would want on by taking dodge street.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Travis K, Manager at Doubletree Hotel Omaha - Downtown / Old Market, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words about our team! I look forward to sharing your comments with all of our team members over the next couple days. You are correct that the Omaha Zoo is fantastic and I'm personally glad you were able to enjoy it along with our hotel. We look forward to hosting you and your family again in the near future.

Warmet regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Adequate for the general population. The restrooms next to the banquet/group meeting rooms are not handicapped accessible. The thermostats in the rooms are preset and can not be adjusted. "If you are uncomfortable you need to ask for fans to be brought to the room." That does NOT change the temperature it only blows around hot air. I became physically ill from the heat, feeling like I could pass out, along with the heat causing severe mobility loss of my extremities. Very unpleasant and also dangerous as the risk of falling is much greater.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sara H

Thank you to you and your family choosing to spend some time with us! My sincere apologies regarding the experience that you had while staying with us over the reunion weekend! We always take our guests feedback as opportunities for us to grow as team and hotel. Please reach out to me at anytime if you need anything additional going forward. I can be reached by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great place to stay overall. Good location as within walking distance to old market entertainment district but hotel also offers bus shuttle as needed. Good, parking, value and accommodations and would highly recommend.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete a DoubleTree Omaha Downtown TripAdvisor Review. I will be reviewing your survey with our departmental management to inform them of the quality experience you've reported! Our team members are always delighted to hear from our valued guests like YOU that take the time to provide feedback for us to truly discover how well we meet expectations, and I can't thank you enough on behalf of our operation for sharing your experience with us.

We know that you have many options in the Omaha-metro area for accommodations and are delighted that you have chosen to stay with us - it is certainly my hope that we become your choice home away from home in town. Please don't forget us next time you plan to visit the community, and don’t hesitate to contact me if I can be of further service to you!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We met with the hotel booking group about 11 months before our wedding. At that time they recommended to us that we use only one hotel for our guests. We were expecting about 300 guests at our wedding, of which about 90% were going to be out of town so we expected to need about 100 rooms for the weekend. We explained this to them in person and they suggested that we could just sign a contract for 10 rooms and not for the full 100 because if we did 100 we would be required to pay for rooms that weren't booked. We offered to sign a contract for somewhere in the middle (around 50-80 rooms) however they said it wasn't necessary and there would be plenty of rooms. The room rate was set at $109 per night for 10 rooms. They said they would regularly check to see if rooms needed to be added and do so, however I had to email them several different times when the rooms filled up and guests contacted me. I sent them in email in February 1 week before our wedding invitations went out and they said they had added rooms so that we were at the max and would keep a closer eye on it. Then the next week after the invitations started to arrive I had guests contact me and tell me they were not able to book rooms and that the hotel was full. I talked to the staff and they said the hotel was full and we would not be able to add rooms. At this point we had only booked 30 rooms. Moreover, they had not added the rooms in our block the week earlier. When I spoke with the about the situation they said they would talk to management to see if rooms could be freed up. After about 2 weeks they were able to find 20 rooms they could add to the block, however they increased the price to $129 per night. When I asked why this was they said it was because they could sell them to the general public for much higher, I thought this was incredibly rude and I agree this is true however that is why we got a block of rooms. When we booked rooms with them we were told there were 2 situations, one, if they had rooms we would be able to add them at $109 per night or two, there weren't rooms, there was never a third situation where the rooms were going to be more expensive. From this point on they were very difficult to deal with and unhelpful. In addition they had welcome bags for our guests that I left with everyone's names on them and they called my cell phone (the bride) on the morning of the wedding because they were having trouble finding someones, which because I thought it was something important for the wedding I answered and while I was on the phone with them they found it. The hotel itself is nice however the lack of customer service outweighs the amenities. We were also told when reserving rooms that we would get hilton hhonors points for each of our guests and for the 50 rooms we booked (most for 2 or 3 nights each) we only got a total of 35,000 points which is one night free (if that). Also, they said that for all the rooms we booked ourselves we could get some nights free and when we asked about that later they no longer honored their word. I would not suggest staying at this hotel, especially not for a group or wedding party.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer L

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us as this gives us an opportunity to improve this process and our communication going forward. My sincere apologies for the trouble that this has caused as our standards of customer service are much higher than what you experienced. I know I can't fix the past problems for you, but please reach out to me anytime if you would like to discuss further or if you need anything in the future. I can be reached by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 8 July 2014

The hotel is like every Hilton. Clean, comfortable bedding, and amazing customer service. My husband surprised me with a get-away for my birthday. He had just mentioned it to reservations when booking the room so they would not email the confirmation to our home email. Upon arrival, there was a signed birthday card from the staff and chocolate covered strawberries waiting for us in the room. Touches like this, make us keep coming back to the Hilton family of hotels...we won't stay anywhere else!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you so much for the kind comments about out team and hotel. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay and that you chose to spend a little of your birthday with us and that our team could play a little part in such a special day!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Couldn't have been treated better. From the GM (Ms Bauer, to the DO, the asst F&B and the front desk (Nick & others)...even the van driver Doug. A very satisfying, no-problems business stay. From the time you arrive, the food, the service and the rooms are just what you'd expect from the Hilton DoubleTree here in Omaha. "shouldn't stay anywhere else."

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Thank Douglas R. H

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate any feedback we receive from our guests, especially when it presents us an opportunity to share the nice feedback with our team.

I do hope you will afford us the opportunity to host you again when you travel to the area. Thank you again for your comments and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of additional assistance, now or in the future. I can be reached by phone at 402-346-7600 or by email at tkuhlman@omahadoubletree.com.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Everything would have been great if if it had not been for the major incident which left me sitting in my vehicle for over an hour. As I am of an advanced age, it would have been nice if a valet could have helped with the bags. As a frequent traveler, this was a first time experience of a MAJOR hotel without valet service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple