“Was an UNFORGETTABLE Experience!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #75 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Dallas, Texas
“Was an UNFORGETTABLE Experience!”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Omaha in itself was a great city, and staying at Econo was legitimately the cherry on top. I have never stayed at an affordable hotel stab marked in downtown, and everything i needed to do was in walking distance from the place. The people knew the directions like they had the map stapled inside there heads, it was very convenient. The hotel had went through a renovation, and i could definately tell, because the carpet was smelling new, and the rooms were accent painted which was very homey. I can't even explain properly about how many pros there are about this hotel, but i sure wish they would've had a swimming pool, but I probably would not have even used it.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was by far the worst hotel I ever stayed in. The hotel was across the street from the office building I was visiting, Econolodge is a franchise I was flying in and out the next morningi assumed it woud be fine. I felt uncomfortable pulling into the lot, more uncomfortanble by the lighters for sale on the narrow check in desk, more uncomfortable when the elevator doors closed to revel they were full of gang graffiti and more uncomfortable when I entered the pig sty they rented me. The wall, and furniture were disgusting, the lamination was literally peeling off the tv stand an ironing board was leaning against the wall, and there was just a free standing cloths rack no closet. I sat on the stained chair long enough to book another room across town. The only positive was that the front desk clerk was very nice. He said he fully understood and would refund my money.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Omaha hotels

London
Reviewed 1 May 2011

We booked in advance and got a good rate over a busy weekend (Berkshire Hathaway AGM). First impressions were not good - no non smoking rooms available, puzzled teen in charge, scruffy exterior) - but in fact everything was OK. The large room did not smell of smoke, the TV had full cable and there was a shower and tub in the clean bathroom. The breakfast room is tiny and chaotic but it did the job.

Housekkping was efficient and we saw no evidence of bed bugs.

The Joslyn art museum is across the street and the Old Market area is within walking distance.

This a basic hotel that provides decent lodging at a fair price.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank RamblingRob
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 October 2010

I stayed @ this motel 10/1/2010,I recieved about 7 bites over my body ,later discovered it was the result of bedbugs. The rm# 219, the bites are very irritable,and they appear on your body about a day later,as raised bumps similar to mosquito bites.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank irch32000
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 30 July 2010

Where do I start...it is in the "not so good" part of town..we rang the bell for 15 minutes before someone came to help us check in and then I could barely understand him. We had two rooms booked but the other people in our party couldnt find the hotel so they stayed elsewhere and Ineesh (front desk person) argued about deleting the reservation but finally did. Well we get up to our room and notice a good size what appeared to be a blood stain outside of our door--we PUSHED our way into our room as the door was broken. When we went into the room it smelled HORRIBLE--the bathroom looked like a truckstop bathroom as there was "stuff" smeared on the switch plate, the ceiling was falling in, toilet & tub were not clean--the sheets had pubic hairs on them and there was something on the walls at the head of the bed--there were springs sticking out from the mattress, part of the window casing was ripped off and a gap between the window and the frame where you could see light outside. It looked like someone smeared something on the TV--we decided that we were NOT going to stay there so we loaded everyone up--my husband in front and myself in back of our children (the hotel was not safe--dark halls and shady people) and walked back out to our truck. Went back in to tell Ineesh that we were not going to stay there and to cancel our reservation, but he was NO WHERE TO BE FOUND--spent 10 minutes ringing bell & he never came so we left the keys on the front desk. I have been in contact with guest relations at Choice Hotels trying to get my $$ back and they are saying that we only ever reserved 1 room & that one was cancelled and our card was not charged. I have sent them a copy of my stmt showing the money they charged to my card....still waiting for response. If you want to keep your family safe and feel cleen, DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank justpeachy218
Minnesota
Reviewed 8 July 2009

Rooms were musty and smelled of smoke (non-smoking). My standards are not real high, but this place was lousy. They also charged me for an night on my credit card that I wasn't there - that was over a month a go and they still have not resolved it. I have called over 10 times and they have given me a different song and dance each time. Requested that the manager call me - he hasn't. Stay away would be my advice.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Holmeste
thornton,co
Reviewed 10 January 2007

Hotel management charged my credit card twice for my stay. I have phone and spoken with them six times. Management assured me i would be refunded the duplicate charge, but it STILL has yet to be issued. They were also very rude upon being contacted on the issue. Three months later, i am still extremely frustrated with my experience at this hotel. LIKE THE PREVIOUS POST, AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS!

• Disliked — customer service
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
13 Thank hippie_rn