Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market
Ranked #12 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“feels like home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We have spent a lot of time at the Old market Embassy suites. my 2 special needs sons are use to it from many holidays there. They are very accommodating, we practice our manors + social skills. The boys have wonderful times in the pool playing / other children. It was a relaxing trip. Thx Embassy Suites!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Julie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Thank you to you and your family for staying with us! We appreciate your kind review and your feedback. It gives us such pleasure when we hear how much you enjoyed your stay. It's why we love what we do! I'm so glad your sons enjoy swimming! Maybe next time you join us, ask at the front desk for a container of food to feed the fish! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you and yours in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Dickson, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Stayed here mid week for four nights.
Really like the suite's size. Two rooms makes a big difference even if the rooms are kind of dated. Furniture and carpet look to have been there a while.
The room was set up with a TV and two beds in one area and a TV, sofa, microwave, fridge, coffee table and breakfast table in the other area.
Beds were comfortable and slept very well. Shower curtain rod was a nuisance as it was not mounted level which caused the curtain to slide open from both ends. Will get on your nerves.
Restaurant should be skipped. There are many more choices with better food and better service just blocks away. The hostess/waitress didn't seem to have any kind of a personality and was just there. She wasn't mean or disrespectful but had no real interaction as a waitress.
Parking is outside with no protection from the weather. And make sure you have your room key in your car (versus giving them to your guest while inside at check in) because you will need one for the parking gate and to get in the hotel's side door just across the street from the parking lot.
The breakfast buffet and managers social hour at night were both great.
Overall, this hotel could use some updating to their rooms but for the price...you really do get a lot.
And as the subject line says, for me this hotel is in the perfect location for all things walking in the market area. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Julie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Thank you for such positive feedback on our hotel! We understand we have some updating to do and have renovation projects planned in the future. I'm happy your stay was comfortable and you were able to enjoy the Old Market! We are also aware of the parking key situation and are working towards a solution. Thanks again and I hope you come stay with us in the future!
Argusville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I would recommend this hotel if you want to experience the fun of downtown Omaha. Nice hotel, staff treated us great, evening reception was fun, breakfast was good with a great chef making cook to order omlets! Hotel was a perfect place to stay!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel! I'm so happy you had such a wonderful stay and were able to take great advantage of some of the services that are Embassy Suites Brand standard. We have a great chef who loves to cook made to order omelettes and great staff at the Evening reception. I love to hear when guests are able to get out of the hotel as well and enjoy our downtown Historic Old Market Business District. Thank you again and I hope we can serve you again in the future!
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

There are some rooms out of reach of the wireless router. If you have one of these rooms they provide a wireless bridge (basically a more sensitive antenna than your computer's) to try and reach the routers. It only worked in the front 1/2 of our room. But the desk is in the back 1/2 of the room. So that makes no sense. The 800# you have to call to get assistance with internet and the wireless bridges is already aware that the desks in these rooms are in the wrong spot and will suggest moving to the other part of your suite. Our problem with that was we were traveling with our children who were asleep in the front 1/2 of the room at night. So therefore I could not get any after hours work done in the hotel room.

Also, when I called Monday night, the night of our check-in, the front desk guy that picked up the phone was rude and not helpful. He kept trying to 'teach' me how to connect to the internet after I kept telling him I know how it all works and my computer could not 'see' any of their routers. He eventually told me he had no clue (got frustrated I guess) and I suggested I call back the next day to see if the problem was the hotel's and if it had been resolved. He was less than enthused but at least I (kinda) came up with a plan. Upon calling the next day I learned of the wireless bridges which he failed to inform me of and subsequently that they weren't going to work for my application (needing them in the back of the hotel room where the desk actually is).

The wireless bridges they provide are only wireless in that they wirelessly connect to the hotel's routers. They connect through a DSL line to your computer. So if you are in a room that needs these do not plan on being able to use a smart phone, tablet, etc that only has a wireless option to connect to the internet as they can't plug into the the wireless bridge

So they need to fix their internet and weed out the jerk working at the front desk.

Also, the restaurant is mediocre for the price but is a nice convenience. We ate there the first night because we were too tired to go elsewhere and the temperature was nearing the teens outside. We later spoke with others who also ate there that night and realized we all pretty much left no tip because the service was so horrible. I was content paying for a $5 beer but wound up walking down to the free manager's reception to get free one's because the waitress could care less about ensuring I wasn't out.

One day during our stay I called the front desk to request a shuttle to pick up someone at ConAgra right next door. After a brief hold I was told I had to come down and request it in person. Sounded like the same guy from a few days earlier that wouldn't believe me I knew how to operate my computer's wireless features. Told him this was not going to happen and eventually got it sorted.

The west side of the building is on 10th street. 10th street is busy so it's not the quietest side of the building to stay on. So if you're a lite sleeper perhaps try one of the other sides of the building.

I read the review about the parking and the one thinking this place is expensive to stay at. You will not find an equivalent hotel downtown (or any?) with free parking. The parking here is not covered but it is right across the street, has a tall fence up around it, and is convenient. It's actually nicer (faster) than a parking garage if the weather is holding up. Also, if you take advantage of their great free breakfast and Manager's Reception/free happy hour it is one of the better deals in downtown.

Overall, the property is a John Q. Hammons hotel and is subsequently very clean, kept up very well, and is well managed. A hotel this size is going to have a few slouch employees on occasion like the front desk guy I had issues with or the 'I'd rather be elsewhere' acting restaurant hostess/waitress. Everyone else was great to work with and I'm sure by the next time I return these people will be 'corrected' or working elsewhere.

Room Tip: They have down alternative pillows. So if you're a side sleeper you might want to bring your ow...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LatitudeD
I was very sorry to hear that your stay was not above the standards you would expect from Embassy Suites. Thank you for providing your feedback. Often, our managers do not hear about an issue a guest may have had during thier stay, and it's hard for us to make things right in the future. I have spoken to Mr. Kramer, our Assistant General Manager over rooms and he would very much like you to contact him at your earliest convenience. We will address this issue with the appropriate agency. Again, I'm so sorry for the inconveniences you had to go through during your stay and I hope through your feedback we can make things right for everyone in the future!
San Antonio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

Great staff. But beware the $11 fee per day/per device for Wi-Fi. And yes, you get to pay another $10 daily to park your own car. Across the street, of course. Parking on grounds is strictly for valet parking. Yep.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

2 Thank Evelyn K
Julie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thank you for feedback and review of our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our hotel. I'm sorry you felt you did not receive a full value of our services. Unfortunately, all Full-Service Hilton Brand Hotels have a standard fee for Internet/Wi-fi. I understand your frustration as far as parking goes as well. Their is very limited parking in the entire Downtown Omaha area and again, their is a fee for all businesses in the Old Market. I realize this is not what you wanted to hear and we do value your business. I would like to invite you back and offer you free internet and parking on your next visit!
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

We came here for a little family "stay-cation" as we've had previous experience with this hotel. It was nice, but the rooms need a little updating. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The staff at the managers' reception was wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay! It's wonderful to hear you were able to take advantage of our Evening Reception! We do realize the need to update some of the areas of our hotel and we do have plans for those projects in our future! Thanks again and we hope to serve you and your family on your next stay with us!
Brookings, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We planned a girls weekend and chose this hotel because of its location. It is literally across the street from everything that we wanted to do. The Hotel service and atmosphere was excellent. The rooms could use an update but otherwise in great condition. Thanks for a great weekend.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Julie C, Guest Relations Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Omaha - Downtown/Old Market, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for your review and I'm so glad you had a wonderful "Girls Night Out!" Thanks for choosing us for your special weekend and I hope all of you had a great time in our Old Market! We do realize the need to rennovate, and we have plans for that in the future. We hope to serve you again for another "Girls weekend!"