“Good Facility & Great Value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of New Victorian Inn & Suites

New Victorian Inn & Suites
Ranked #20 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
“Good Facility & Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am a Over the Road Trucker and am used to paying low amounts for a room for my off days. I was about to get my usual "cheap room" ($40) when I was told about the "New Victorian Inn & Suites" by a co-worker. I got the "corporate rate" since our company uses them too... $55 per night.
So I asked the really overly nice lady at the desk if she could "sell me" on a room (cheapo me pay more??) by showing me one of them...WOW was all I could say !!! Book'd the room there on the spot & now I won't even stay at families houses while in Omaha because I love it so much here!
Free high speed wi-fi, all rooms have REFRIGERATORS & MICROWAVES, BIG 40" TVs!!! Staff is all very friendly & quick to accommodate. I feel like a king while here, well, you know what I mean... GREAT FACILITY, PRICE, SERVICE & VALUE.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maximillion s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Olympic Peninsula
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

The New Victorian Inn & Suites is a good choice for travelers looking for a value-priced hotel in the Omaha suburbs just a mile off of I-80.

Our room was very clean with quality linens and towels not always found in budget-priced facilities. Microwave and compact refrigerator were a nice touch along with a more than adequate sized-Vizio flat screen TV. Room was quiet, small but efficiently configured with a fair sized bathroom. Our queen sized bed was firm yet comfortable. Nice sized desk for computer or other work use rounded out the furnishings that left very little free space and yet allowed for easy access throughout the room.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful including help selecting a local restaurant. Free breakfast was a step above the usual for this type of property with the usual fruit and pastries in addition to quite tasty biscuits and sausage gravy, freshly hard boiled eggs and two different waffle batters to choose from. Cereals, yogurt and juices rounded out the menu, which is served until 11 AM. Coffee was marginal.

A couple of my personal pet peeves here: Windows that don’t open (although given the frequent extreme weather conditions, I can appreciate management’s energy use concerns) and the ever-increasing imposition of 11 AM checkout time. This property is located a fair distance from downtown Omaha and not near to any area attraction.

But overall, this property is value-priced and we would stay there again and recommend it for travelers seeking lodging on the east side of Omaha.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank WilliTheKid
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for recommending our hotel to others. You are correct! We are conveniently located off of the I-80/680 Interchange. Since you touched on our location in your review, it gives me an opportunity to expound on the topic: No matter your reason for visiting Omaha, we are a close 5-15 minute drive from all major attractions - although the city considers our location "Southwest", we feel a bit more central - offering a location that is good for a variety of visitors. The Ralston Arena is just 2 miles down L Street, we are surrounded by both locally owned and popular chain restaurants, and there is a major shopping strip just across the interstate. Plus, if you're traveling with children, the Family Fun Center and Amazing Pizza Machine are also in our back yard. The Zoo, Children's Museum, Lauritzen Gardens, Old Market, TD Ameritrade Park, and Werner Park are all 15 minutes or less from our hotel. Our goal is to offer the most amenities and the best service at a fair price. Your warm review is appreciated and we look forward to having you back with us in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'm use to service like at the Broadmore hotel in Colorado Srings,I am from Colorado Springs and I will s be back. I had split my finger open and they were there with a freash bandage every day. Shannon Johnson was at the hotel morning noon and nite. Latoya and David were right on answers to my questions and the entire staff was great. Also it was nice to see that they had'nt raised their rates because of the Berkshire meeting George Neid P.S. will tell all my family and friends about you

Room Tip: Service is what means alot when on the road, they have it down
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
It is a thrill to know that your experience for the shareholder's weekend was a great one! So many travelers base their decision on 'where to stay' by reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Each review takes additional time out of your, our guests, schedule - and for that, we don't take these reviews lightly. They are priceless to us. Thank you for recognizing our staff members by name and for letting Shannon, our GM, know that she is a treasure. We look forward to seeing you again next year for the Berkshire Hathaway meeting and any time in between that you would like to visit our exciting city. Many thanks.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

It's hard to feel compelled to write a review when all the others seem to concur with you, but really, I do want to be a part of affirming New Victorian's success. I had called the New Victorian twice prior to my stay, both times David and Latoya were both helpful and polite. Given the low rate I had reserved the room at, I did not quite have the highest expectations. Upon arrival, however, I was really pleased to find such an immaculately kept property. I had brought my cat with me, so I had assumed that pet friendly rooms wouldn't necessarily be the highest priority when it came to upkeep. The room was perfect. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the pillows were abundant and great. The shower was great. The staff was wonderful. Their complimentary breakfast looked well stocked and full of variety, though I only had time to grab a banana (which was tasty). There isn't any complaint I have about this property, other than the fact that I didn't get to stay there longer. I only hope that should I find myself in need of accommodations in Nebraska, there will be another New Victorian there for me to check in to.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Spencer G
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Spencer, we are elated that you took the time to write such a glowing review! We are appreciative of your business and look forward to serving you again. We do have 5 other locations to assist you when you are traveling in Nebraska: Lincoln, Kearney, York, Norfolk and Sioux City IA. Thank you for telling others about our dedication to a great guest experience!
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The hotel used to be a Comfort Inn and was bought by the New Victorian Inn chain. They have done a nice job on brightening and updating the interior. My room was great, the desk service was wonderful, and the housekeeping was all one would expect from a more expensive hotel. The free breakfast is a bit limited - coffee, teas, mil, juice, cereal, muffins, pasties, toast, English muffins, fresh fruit and "make them yourself" waffles - but it is really well organized, very fresh, and good quality. In particular this is a great place in terms of value, freeway accessibility and proximity (about 1.5 miles) to a huge shopping mall that includes a Super Target. The main drawback was the pool. It is outside so if you are traveling in the winter months you won't have access to it. Also, the view isn't at all picturesque -faces parking lots or streets but frankly this is not that big a deal unless you are looking for a hotel "get away" in a natural beauty setting. For traveling with kids, on a business trip, passing through, visiting colleges, or friends/family this is a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for taking time to provide a review for our future guests. When choosing where to stay, the best advice comes from the most recent guest! Within the next year, we will be enclosing the pool so that it is available all year long - in addition, at that time it will be open 24 hours a day! We look forward to having you back with us!
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights in April. 1st night we had a problem with a non-working air conditioner but we talked to the front desk and they moved us to another room the 2nd night. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, staff was very nice, breakfast was good, parking was fine and location was good as we were going to the Doorley Zoo and this hotel was just a few miles away. Would certainly stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank 504Alice_S
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was clean, comfotable, reasonable, and the staff was friendly and helpful. I had an extended stay due to the death of my father and they made my time at the hotel a pleasant experience at such a difficult time. Would highly recommend The New Victorian Inn!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family