“Very nice place for the one night we stayed there”

New Victorian Inn & Suites
Ranked #24 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Very nice place for the one night we stayed there”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Everyone at this hotel was pleasant and helpful.. The rooms were nice and the help-yourself breakfast was very good. We would definitely stay there again the next time we are travelling to or through Omaha.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kankan1207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 28 May 2014

First off I want to state that I felt compelled to write a review over the experience I had at the New Victorian Inn, as my stay was more than I expected for the price I paid.

With any experience first impressions are key. I called the hotel to make reservations and was stunned by the professionalism I received over the phone. Robert at the front desk not only handled my reservation in a prompt and timely manner, he made sure everything was correct and answered all of my questions/concerns. I stay at plenty high end hotels and don't receive service like that and this was just over the phone. I had high expectations at this point.

When I arrived in Omaha I found It was a little difficult to get to the hotel because you have to get through the back way and its not actually located on L, but that was only a small issue.

Check in went smooth and the staff here is wonderful, they really make the stay comfortable!! When I arrived to my room the first thing I noticed was how clean it was.. that is one of the biggest things I look for. The only complaint I have about the room were the Air conditioning units, they were a little loud, but it wasn't a deal breaker. The location of the hotel is close proximity to everything in Omaha, just hop on I-80 and you can be anywhere in a reasonable time. Breakfast was good, a lot of items to choose from and well stocked.

Overall if you are looking for a hotel that is affordable, clean, and one that offers wonderful service this is the place to stay. Hopefully next time I will be able to use the outdoor pool, it was closed during my stay.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are on the top floor so if you hate smoke request a different floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Aaron S
Northampton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Nice clean rooms, agreeable staff, affordable, handled our late night room needs in a friendly and competent manner. A great find that let us have a good nights sleep after a long day of driving. This place is also pet friendly. Highly recommend this establishment!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elise T
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I am a Over the Road Trucker and am used to paying low amounts for a room for my off days. I was about to get my usual "cheap room" ($40) when I was told about the "New Victorian Inn & Suites" by a co-worker. I got the "corporate rate" since our company uses them too... $55 per night.
So I asked the really overly nice lady at the desk if she could "sell me" on a room (cheapo me pay more??) by showing me one of them...WOW was all I could say !!! Book'd the room there on the spot & now I won't even stay at families houses while in Omaha because I love it so much here!
Free high speed wi-fi, all rooms have REFRIGERATORS & MICROWAVES, BIG 40" TVs!!! Staff is all very friendly & quick to accommodate. I feel like a king while here, well, you know what I mean... GREAT FACILITY, PRICE, SERVICE & VALUE.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Maximillion s
Olympic Peninsula
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The New Victorian Inn & Suites is a good choice for travelers looking for a value-priced hotel in the Omaha suburbs just a mile off of I-80.

Our room was very clean with quality linens and towels not always found in budget-priced facilities. Microwave and compact refrigerator were a nice touch along with a more than adequate sized-Vizio flat screen TV. Room was quiet, small but efficiently configured with a fair sized bathroom. Our queen sized bed was firm yet comfortable. Nice sized desk for computer or other work use rounded out the furnishings that left very little free space and yet allowed for easy access throughout the room.

Staff was extremely friendly and helpful including help selecting a local restaurant. Free breakfast was a step above the usual for this type of property with the usual fruit and pastries in addition to quite tasty biscuits and sausage gravy, freshly hard boiled eggs and two different waffle batters to choose from. Cereals, yogurt and juices rounded out the menu, which is served until 11 AM. Coffee was marginal.

A couple of my personal pet peeves here: Windows that don’t open (although given the frequent extreme weather conditions, I can appreciate management’s energy use concerns) and the ever-increasing imposition of 11 AM checkout time. This property is located a fair distance from downtown Omaha and not near to any area attraction.

But overall, this property is value-priced and we would stay there again and recommend it for travelers seeking lodging on the east side of Omaha.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WilliTheKid
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for being our guest and for recommending our hotel to others. You are correct! We are conveniently located off of the I-80/680 Interchange. Since you touched on our location in your review, it gives me an opportunity to expound on the topic: No matter your reason for visiting Omaha, we are a close 5-15 minute drive from all major attractions - although the city considers our location "Southwest", we feel a bit more central - offering a location that is good for a variety of visitors. The Ralston Arena is just 2 miles down L Street, we are surrounded by both locally owned and popular chain restaurants, and there is a major shopping strip just across the interstate. Plus, if you're traveling with children, the Family Fun Center and Amazing Pizza Machine are also in our back yard. The Zoo, Children's Museum, Lauritzen Gardens, Old Market, TD Ameritrade Park, and Werner Park are all 15 minutes or less from our hotel. Our goal is to offer the most amenities and the best service at a fair price. Your warm review is appreciated and we look forward to having you back with us in the future.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I'm use to service like at the Broadmore hotel in Colorado Srings,I am from Colorado Springs and I will s be back. I had split my finger open and they were there with a freash bandage every day. Shannon Johnson was at the hotel morning noon and nite. Latoya and David were right on answers to my questions and the entire staff was great. Also it was nice to see that they had'nt raised their rates because of the Berkshire meeting George Neid P.S. will tell all my family and friends about you

Room Tip: Service is what means alot when on the road, they have it down
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
It is a thrill to know that your experience for the shareholder's weekend was a great one! So many travelers base their decision on 'where to stay' by reading reviews on TripAdvisor. Each review takes additional time out of your, our guests, schedule - and for that, we don't take these reviews lightly. They are priceless to us. Thank you for recognizing our staff members by name and for letting Shannon, our GM, know that she is a treasure. We look forward to seeing you again next year for the Berkshire Hathaway meeting and any time in between that you would like to visit our exciting city. Many thanks.