New Victorian Inn & Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
All reviewsbiscuits and gravyroom was cleanwaffleshard boiled eggspassing throughoutdoor poolroad triplarge tvwaffle makernice breakfastberkshire hathawaycontinental breakfast isnight's sleepwould stay here againone night stayvery nice stayhotel room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 August 2014

First of all, I spend allot of time in Omaha, and have over the years. This is the best Value in Omaha for a comfortable casual stay. This is a Holiday Inn without the franchise fees built into the nightly rate.
Beds were very comfortable, Breakfast excellent.. pastries, bagel, fresh Belgium waffles, biscuits and gravy, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, fruits, coffee, juice, cereals.

Pool is outdoors, but a very nice smaller deep pool.... closes at 9pm, so get there early...
each room has a fridge and microwave--
Super friendly staff and needs are all met.

I will say that I noticed the bathroom wasnt as clean as it could be.. although I am picky, but you could tell the "polished" faucets were cloudy and not wiped down properly.

I would stay here again in a heart beat.

1  Thank wmpros
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location was about the only thing that was great for the hotel. We chose this place to stay because it was rated 12 out of all the hotels in Omaha. I don't understand how it got that high. The air conditioner was super loud every time it kicked on. The breakfast was nothing to write home about. Same things all 3 mornings. Also, the pool was outdoor. We thought this would be fine considering it was in the 70's and 80's. It was closed the entire time we were there. One day was because it was raining, but when asked about on the other days, there was no reason given for why it was closed. The rooms weren't dirty and the bed was comfy, but I probably would not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Our property is well displayed online as a 2.5 star hotel with more amenities included than any other 2.5 star hotel in the our market, at a very fair price. There are not many opportunities to get an exceptionally clean surrounding with more-than-expected amenities for under $100 a night. We do that. I'm sorry that your expectations were not met. We make every attempt to show the gift of hospitality to each of our guests every day. We are not a boutique hotel and we do not market ourselves that way. To others that are looking for a great value: we offer an incredible rate that includes a central location, clean accommodations, a caring & hardworking staff, a deluxe breakfast bar, a microwave and refrigerator in every room, unlimited WiFi, and an outdoor pool. We appreciate the business of those that appreciate the work of small business owners.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed 2 nights recently for a family vacation and were pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. Given the limited details online, the general location and the previous less-than-stellar reviews, we were not expecting much. Yes, it could do with some updating. However, the rooms are nicely appointed and very clean; the amenities included a decent sized fridge, good sized TV and a very excellent continental breakfast. We were greeted with a smile by every hotel staff we met and even encouraged to use the lobby late in the evening for a quick family get together. Definitely an appropriate value for the money spent.

1  Thank Christina W

Thank you for CHOOSING to stay with us. There are so many options in the city of Omaha, with well-known names - your business is appreciated. More-so, your positive comments and the time that you took out of your day to place those comments is a gift to us. Thank you. We are small business owners. We care about our customers, our staff and our property; and we continue to improve the property every day. When just purchased this property last November and we are continuing to remodel and update one area/room at a time. It is a labor of love for us and our staff. We encourage you to choose New Victorian Inn & Suites in your future trips to Omaha.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My review is very much in agreement with others. I was not impressed that this motel was ranked #12 at my time of booking. The motel was not dirty but was in need of renovation. It was very obvious that the hotel needs updated. Our room did not smell of smoke but the hallway did. The beds were comfy and breakfast was okay. For the price per night this is not a 4 star hotel. I would put it right at 3 stars (and no higher). If anything it was a place to lay our head and sleep while visiting the zoo.

Room Tip: I would say an ideal room is at the end of the hotel since walls were pretty thin and we could hear (ALL noises) of the others in the next room.
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I don't understand all of the good reviews. The beds were ok but the rooms are not super clean and very dated. The windows don't open and the air was just as stale as the decor. Not as nice as holiday inn express. Won't be back. Couldn't wait to leave.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Marni S
Kristen K, Owner at New Victorian Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

I am sorry that you did not have a great stay with us. I appreciate your review, but the title is quite harsh. This property was added to our company in November and is in the midst of a renovation. We were aware of it's dated decor and have started in the lobby, vending and common areas to renovate, and are working through all 129 rooms. We do pride ourselves on our cleaning processes and regimes and will make aware your comments in our housekeeping meeting in the morning - following through with strict inspecting. I am sorry that you recommend another hotel and would have liked the opportunity to talk with you while you were with us, as opposed to finding out something was unsatisfactory after the fact. Our business is built on relationships.