“Nice Surprise!”

Sheraton Omaha Hotel
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I had booked this hotel on Priceline. After reading some of the reviews below, I was a little apprehensive about this hotel. But I have had very good luck with Priceline and had faith that this would be another positive experience. This turned out to be another one of those experiences. We stayed at this hotel on a night that the midwest was under seige by tornadoes (well over 100 tornadoes in 4 states on this day alone). About an hour outside of Omaha, we came thru a town that had been flattened, and semis strewn on the interstate. Needless to say, by the time we reached the hotel, we were ready to crash. Unfortunately when we arrived about 8:30 that evening, the storm had knocked out the electicity to that area. The staff of this hotel took what was a bad situation (they had a retirement banquet going on, as well as a lobby full of people) and went above and beyond to make it a very pleasant experience. The people gathered in the lobby were relaxed and having a good time. There was no complaining and the children were amazingly very well behaved. I truly believe this is because of the way the staff handled the situation. They were professional, but friendly and very accomodating. Because their computer systems were down, we were unable to check into our room. They explained that we were welcome to cancel our reservation (they would authorize Priceline to refund our money) and suggested some other hotels closeby. They appologized several times for the situation, even it was in no way their fault. We chose to go get something to eat (they suggested several restaurants nearby). About 30 minutes after we returned to the hotel, the electricity finally came back on. Boy, was I glad we chose to stay and wait it out. We were given a remodeled room on the 4th floor. It was wonderful!!! It was beautifully decorated and the beds were AMAZING!!!!! I have never slept in a hotel bed so comfortable.....heck, my bed at home isn't even that comfortable! I will definitely make this my home away from home if/when I am ever in Omaha again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KansasBrownEyedGirl
Dan_Toman, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2012

I am SO HAPPY that you enjoyed your time with us! We are here to serve! A hotel is just a building, it is the people inside that make it happen! The weather that evening through the region was absolutely crazy, however, we chose to make the best of it and I'm glad you made it here! Our renovation has wrapped up at this point and we are just completing our outdoor landscaping project to enhance our curb appeal!

I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to complete a review here on Tripadvisor. We review all postings from Tripadvisor and from our Sheraton/Starwood surveys during our weekly staff meetings, so rest assured that your time was well spent and any suggestions will be considered among our management team.

Yours in the spirit of service...

Reviewed 11 April 2012

We stayed for a week over the holidays due to a death in the family. We brought the pooch and took a pet friendly room. That means we got one of the more tired rooms on the first floor, but we knew that going in 'cause that is what we asked for. Understand they only set aside so many rooms where they will tolerate a dog. Butnthenroom was big and roomy, always kept up, and the room service was always fast, good, and served with a smile. When we got in, the room was stinky with old smoke, and we were moved right away. It's under rehab and I think they were doing a floor at a time. Fine place, will stay again especially if we bring the hound.

Stayed: December 2011

Thanks for taking the time to post a review here on Tripadvisor!

As you state, we do welcome dogs up to 40 lbs in our Pet Friendly accommodations which are located on the first floor for obvious reasons. All of our rooms have had the renovation work completed at this point, including the Pet Friendly rooms. Our pet fee is a non-refundable $50.00 cleaning fee that is posted at time of check-in and the Pet Policy details have always been listed on our website in the "announcements" section at www.sheraton.com/omaha. Your business is valued at Starwood/Sheraton Hotels and we are pleased that you found the hotel comfortable and the accommodations warm and welcoming.

Thanks again and Safe Travels to you!

Reviewed 1 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed here after a week on the road. It was the best hotel we stayed at the whole trip. New rooms, great beds and staff. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Hello!

I am absolutely ecstatic that you enjoyed the hotel and our team members!

Safe Travels to you!

Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband and I got this room for 45.00 through Priceline and when we checked in the hotel gave us a newly remodeled room on the 4th floor. THEE best bed, room service (yes...room service in a 45.00 hotel room!!!) and we seriously had the best night's sleep we had had in a week of travels. Thank you Priceline and Sheraton Omaha on 108th street!!!

Room Tip: ask for a newly remodeled room...you will NOT be disappointed! book through Priceline if possible...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Teri O

Hello and thank you for taking the time to post a review here on Tripadvisor!

That is awesome that you were able to take advantage of a great deal on Priceline! During low demand periods we certainly throw out some enticing rates! Our renovation is pretty well wrapped up at this point except for the exterior landscaping project which is in the works as I type this message! As you state, the feedback from the overwhelming majority of all of our guests has been extremely positive regarding all the work we have completed over the past couple months!

Safe Travels and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed 23 January 2012

If you've ever seen the movie "Cedar Rapids", you'll think you've arrived on the movie set as you drive up to the hotel. They've done a good job updating the lobby, but this is still a tired old hotel. It's currently being renovated, so it will undoubtedly improve. But beware of the construction now for sure.....And there's not much they can do to improve ceiling height, which has to be the lowest of any hotel I've ever been in. Walking the hallways sober makes me claustrophobic....I can't imagine doing it with a buzz.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Brian M
Dan_Toman, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2012

Brian... Thanks so much for your review here on Tripadvisor! We are absolutely excited about what our renovation has in store for our return guests and future guests! I'm sure you are talking about our first floor guest corridor hallway from the lobby to the elevators, as the ceiling height is a bit low. The other five floors of guestrooms and all public areas have ceiling heights much more what one would expect. The construction of the building unfortunately does not permit us "opening up" the ceiling on the first floor, however, the plans for the renovation do include some enhancements to portions of the ceiling in the first floor corridor which we feel will make the area less constricting. We have just finished installing a new guestroom door lock system throughout the entire hotel and all public access points. This system is truly an industry first in that guests do not even insert the key into a slot in the door, they simply wave the key in front of the lock. Additionally, the new keys do not contain a magnetic strip, so Credit cards/cell phones/other magnetic devices have ZERO effect on the reliability of the key. The system has only been in place for a week and we can already see the instant change in the reliability of the system for the ease and convenience of the guests as well as overall security. - - - The swimming pool and fitness center area are still out of order for a much-needed facelift. We know that guests will truly enjoy the pool and entire area once completed. We have the largest indoor pool at a hotel in West Omaha, and our guests will now find the area welcoming, fresh, clean and comfortable once again. The fitness center has been expanded as well, and is receiving all new workout equipment which meets all standards of the Sheraton brand. Guestroom renovations are ongoing, and the first floor of new rooms should be revealed to guests in mid-February. Our reworked corridors and guestrooms will be a true delight! Come see us again soon!!! - - - Dan Toman, Manager

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I live on the road. Hotel staff makes or breaks a visit. The hotel staff goes above and beyond. They are professional, friendly and accommodating. I have visited this hotel 3 visits each over a week over the last year. I stayed there when it was the Crowne and am happier that it is now the Sheraton and the restoration is progress. We have rented a conference room each time.
I have learned a trick about the hot water, let it run for a bit so the hot can get through the pipes. The BEDS are WONDERFUL!
Although the pool and work out area were not open the last two times I look forward the reopening.
They have a lobby bar and dinning area again staffed with friendly personnel.
They provide shuttle service. On a females travelers note their sundry shop is one of the most inclusive that i have seen. There is a strip mall area very close with other restaurants and a grocery store.
Of course if its nice a trip to old market is a must.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank treasurebuyer

TreasureBuyer! Thank you for the review here on Tripadvisor! I'm pretttttty sure I know who this is, and we can't wait to have you return! (same with the people of Omaha, we get calls all the time from folks wanting to know when you all will be back!) - - - As you are aware, we just finished replacing the roof on the entire building over the past 45 days or so. This was a great project to have completed and will ensure comfort for guests and meeting attendees for years to come, not to mention the 100% new bedding/mattresses/linens/terry throughout all rooms and all inventories that we put in place back in August! There is nothing quite like the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed! I remember back when I worked for Sheraton many years ago when the industry-leading bed first came out, the guest impact was huge, and it still is! We also just replaced the door lock system throughout all guestrooms and public access points last week to a new industry-first "contactless" lock system! No more magnetic stripes on keys to be deactivated! Already so many fewer issues it is unreal, we love it and so do the guests thus far! We anticipate the pool being reopened within the next week to week and a half, putting that at the very first week of February. Brand new shiny guestrooms with all new carpet/wall covering/lighting/furniture/drapes/etc will be reopened before we know it estimating to be the middle of February! OH, and we are contemplating adding even more offerings in our Gift Shop/Pantry.... more souvenir items, Omaha items, Nebraska items, Sheraton items, ice cream... yes... ice cream.... :-) Come back again soon, we can't wait to serve you again! - - - Dan Toman, Manager

Reviewed 10 January 2012

I have stayed at this location a couple of different times to meet up with my family. At one point it was the Crowne Plaza, but now is the Sheraton. Very nice place and well kept...also very comfy beds and relaxing atmosphere. The pool is huge and hot tub is very nice...very nice workout room for those interested in that. Getting to the building is a little challenging but once youve figured it out, it is alright. Just a tip...you must be heading westbound and take the Old Mill exit off of Dodge St. You cant get to it if heading eastbound (you have to turn around at the mall if doing this). Very quaint place...nice rooms...and nice staff. They have a small bar downstairs for having nightly cocktails and we really enjoyed this part.
Overall, one of the better places in west Omaha.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank mmmduffser

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review here on Tripadvisor! I am so pleased to hear of your "good times" at our hotel! I have personally been at this hotel since June of 2010 and I can say that we have come a long way since then with regards to the quality of our service and the quality of our product. The improvements we are making around here at the present time will surely "wow" you when you return! We have recently re-roofed the entire building, we have added a brand new door lock system throughout (no more magnetic stripes on keys, so no more issues with cell phones and credit cards!), we are in the middle of the full guestroom renovation (our first floor of newly renovation rooms should be open mid-February), we are about to re-open our indoor pool and fitness center (we have expanded the fitness center and "opened up" the pool area along with totally gutting the restrooms), we will soon be completing our new Sheraton Club lounge which is on the sixth floor with a sweeping view of the West Dodge valley (this exclusive area will be for our Starwood Platinum members as well as those guests who purchase Club Level accommodations), we are soon adding our Link by Microsoft experience in the Lobby (this is a Sheraton exclusive business center/gathering place with a technology focus), and of course... all of our corridors are being redone with new carpet/wall covering/lighting/signage throughout. I just know that you will fall in love with our Sheraton Hotel here in West Omaha when you return this coming Spring! - - Dan Toman, Manager