“Never, ever would I stay again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Omaha Hotel

Sheraton Omaha Hotel
Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Never, ever would I stay again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Parking lot: when we pulled up the first thought that crossed my mind was that the hotel looked sketchy

Main lobby & bar: nice and well kept

Our room: we reserved a two queen room. When we got to our room it was a king. We called to the front desk and they blamed expedia. We called expedia and they said they had us for two queens. Needless to say it never got figured out, so they brought us a cot. The cot had DIRTY SHEETS and a stuffed animal still in it from the last guest. So we called the front desk again. They came up and got the stuffed animal, they did not bring clean sheets or a new cot, I had to ask for clean sheets. 15 minutes later a different man brings the sheets, tosses them on the dirty sheets and LEAVES. I had to strip and make the bed. They didn't even offer to help, or apologize, or act shocked that they had given us a dirty bed.

Bathroom: the shower was either a) dirty b) severely stained.

Housekeeping: they left all of the dirty bedding right on the floor where I had set it the night before. And shorted us a towel which wouldn't be a big deal if they gave us more than 3 towels to begin with.

All the way around it was a bad experience.

I understand it was a busy weekend, but we paid to stay there like all of the other guests. I understand mix ups in rooms, and that's fine, and I understand mistakes occasionally happen, but then make it right.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CasseyDW
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
CasseyDW,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I cannot apologize enough for the issues you encountered with your stay with us. I assure you we have followed up appropriately to ensure this kind of service does not occur again to any of our loyal guests, as this is an extreme rarity. The miscommunication on the rollaway that was not prepared that further led to us not making it right is very disappointing. Thanks again for taking the time to give us valuable feedback, and should you have any other questions/comments please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

Found this property using the corporate lodging card which presented a great value. I would estimate the property at a solid 3.5 stars. It is a older property but has some nice updates. I found my room to be decorated nicely and comfortable..Starbucks and free water in the room. My check in was fast and friendly. Location is a little light on restaurant options and there really was nothing in the room for suggestions. I did see a lot of room service which looked really good and was priced reasonable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SIOUXFANFOREVER
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
SIOUXFANFOREVER,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us! We love seeing Top Contributors such as yourself give us such great feedback, while providing thurough details for our other guests reading on TripAdvisor as well. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your newly remodled room and upgraded amenities, we will be remodeling our lobby and restarant very soon as well. I hope you are able to come back with us to enjoy another pleasant stay. Feel free to reach out to me directly when you are in the area again! Thank you
Petaluma, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

Cashed in points for an overnight stay. Easy to find location fairly close to Interstate 80. Club Lounge was better than average with hot food and two free beers or wine. Breakfast in the morning was also substantial. Check in was efficient, our upgraded room was comfortable, and we had no complaints. Costing only 3000 points, it was too good of a value to pass up.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pfefmeister
pfefmeister,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our upgraded amenities including our Sheraton Club lounge. As a Top Contributor on Trip Advisor, your feedback and thurough details are very much appreciated by us as well as fellow reviewers here on Trip Advisor. I hope you are able to return to the area again to cash in some more points with us and enjoy another wonderful stay! Thanks again
Chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2014

just had a quick business stay there, and wanted to chime in on the two ladies who were at the front desk. Whitney and Ashley provided a warm hello, and sense of humor that took the stress off of my shoulders from the minute I walked in. If you stay there, I hope you come in contact with them!
Otherwise, the hotel was a typical Sheraton, with a nice Club Level.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank HungryDave
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
HungryDave,

Thank you for your great review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! First of all, I love your username and photo for your profile on here. Also, I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us and especially, mention our team members by name. Both Ashley and Whitney were thrilled to see how great of a job they do, and I want to thank you for helping me recognize them. I hope you are able to return to the Omaha area again soon. When you do, please feel free to reach out to me directly. Thanks again!
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Staff are very nice. It is typical Sheraton, but club level is very nice and they have some food and soft drinks as well as coffee around the clock. Breakfast looked good. Not bad for the price. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Omaha

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Srinala
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Srinala,

Thank you for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is great to see Top Contributors such as yourself rate us so well with pleasant things to say about our staff and our amenities we have to offer. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. If there is ever anything else we can do for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we will ensure another pleasant stay. Thanks again!
Eagan, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

We traveled to Omaha from Minneapolis with a group of 30 high school basketball players and their families. The large group reservation process was smooth and Bonnie was very helpful. The hotel lobby was very nice and the seating was plentiful for our teams/families to gather and relax. There is a bar and food available right in the lobby - it is all very convenient. The rooms were great and beds were so comfortable (if you like soft plush mattress/blanket/pillow). The outlets built into the bedside table are a huge plus (charging phone, ipad right next to the bed). The elevators were a little small and rickety but we were on the 3rd floor and took the stairs often. The boys used the pool/hot tub area and there were no complaints from them. All 3 nights, the front desk staff was great and responded to our requests with respect and timeliness. The breakfast buffet was standard and the buffet staff were excellent. The hotel is up on a hill and the highway is close by. Its a little confusing to navigate if its your first time, but we got used to it. Around the corner is an area with a McDonald's, BK, Jimmy Johns, Dairy Queen, etc. There is also a Mall just up the highway. We will stay at this hotel during our next trip to Omaha and recommend it to anyone who would be in the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Jessica W,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! It is much appreciated by all of us here at the Sheraton Omaha; and I'm sure others reading your review appreciate the details as well. It sounds like your group had a great time with us this past weekend as I heard great things from our staff about you and your group as well. You are more than welcome to return and stay with us anytime! Thanks again for the review, and we hope to hear from you soon when we can ensure another pleasant visit.
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

I booked the room on the Sheraton website, and paid for a king sized bed. Upon check in, I was told that there were no king rooms available.I questioned how I could have booked and paid in advance for a king room and not have one ready for me? The girl at the desk was not very interested in solving the problem. I was told that there is no guarantee of a bed when using the Sheraton's site. Really? This is the age of instant communication. If the site cannot keep the reservations straight, it is time to hire a new site administrator.

I am sure management will reply here with a canned response, siting policy. However, I wonder how they would feel if they called a paint store and paid for 5 gallons of white paint, only to find that the paint was red when they went to pick it up. Sure it is paint, but not what they wanted. The same holds true for a bed.

Note that this property is located on the top of a hill with NOTHING around it. If you do not have a car available, you have a problem.

The room was very clean and the bedding and pillows were comfortable. The lobby bar was fair. The first night I ordered a martini and I don't think the woman had a clue how to make it. It was not very good. The next night a fellow made me one and it was fine.

We ate one night at the restaurant, the Omaha Steak was very good, service was horrible until a young lady named Francesca took over.

All in all, I would never stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Tanner T, Manager at Sheraton Omaha Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
fog49,

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. I am very sorry to hear that your stay started off with a poor first impression, but that other aspects of your stay were enjoyable. I am fairly shocked about the ability to not get the King room you reserved. When booked through our own website, it is so rare that we would not get you the room that you had booked and I wonder if you were redirected to another site that utilized our hotel. Regardless, I am terribly sorry that we were not able to acommodate you as you preferred, but hope that our room with 2 Queen beds worked well for you. I also wanted to let you know that we do have a shuttle that can take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius of our hotel including Westroads Mall, and many other bars, restaurants, and entertainment options as well. I wish this option would have been presented to you and for that I apologize. I know that we can do better, and hope that you are able to give us another chance the next time around so that I can assure a more pleasant visit with us. Thank you for your time!