La Quinta Inn Omaha West
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omaha Marriott(Omaha)
View Hotel
All reviewspet policyboiled eggsbar and grillplace to sleepyogurtbed was comfortableclean roomschecking incontinental breakfastconvenient locationinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I have come to admire La Quinta. In the past several years I've had some very comfortable rooms that were exactly what I would expect for the price. However, I had a very unfortunate experience when I selected this particular location. It is without question the worst La Quinta I've ever been in. When my friends and I arrived (late in the evening) the front desk manager told us that he couldn't provide the two smoking rooms I'd reserved because "there was a fight in there and four of the rooms were demolished." I should have immediately told him we would go elsewhere. When I got to my room, I discovered that there was no curtain on my window. There was a light shining into the room and nothing I could do about it. The room itself was barely OK. It dates from the original La Quinta model and appeared to me that it had never been updated in the least. The bed was barely OK. The room had a foul odor to it, not connected to smoking. But the worst part of my time was the feeling that I wasn't safe in this location. I was warned by the front desk manager not to park in the back parking lot because "we don't have any lights back there." I struggled to even get into my wing of the building. The door seemed jammed and required a lot of work to get it open.

The one positive was the Internet service, which was immediate and fast. Since I always have a lot of work to do online, this is important to me, and I couldn't have been more satisfied.

But the bottom line is that I would never again stay in this location, nor would I ever advise any friend to do so. I believe the chain would be better to tear the building down and start over.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank max88s
Reviewed 12 September 2011

The hotel staff was the absolute BEST! We were concerned about noise and although there rooms were very quiet (which we didn't know at the time) they let us borrow a fan to help filter out noise we might have heard -- We heard absolutely nothing and slept like babies all night!! We will definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: I doubt there are any bad rooms there. We were a little concerned when we found out our room was right next to the elevators, but we didn't hear the elevators, or people getting on and off the elevators, at all!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 September 2011

On the plus side, the staff was friendly and helpful. For example they left the breakfast room open past the normal closing time. Additionally, the mattresses were new, pillow-topped, and comfortable. Unfortunately the negatives outweighed the staff friendliness and the comfortable mattresses. The general state of replacement, repair and cleanliness is sub-standard as evidenced by the following issues I noted in my room: Cigaret burn marks on the bathtub and bedspread (despite it being a no smoking room), Floor had note been vacuumed, Bathroom fluorescent light would be fright for 5 minutes then flicker to a very dim state for 20 minutes, the TV kept changing channels on its own (most likely the room next door had a remote on the same frequency) so I had to shut it off. The pillows were skimpy and, when I looked under the pillow case to see why it was so skimpy, I noticed drool marks on two of the three pillows on my bed. I cannot recommend staying there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Peragro-prh
Reviewed 26 August 2011

This was a great buy for the area. The room was large and clean. There was a controller on the tv and might be video games for kids. The beds were comfortable and the towels were good quality. It is close to the freeway but be aware that 680 is closed at the bridge so we had to do some back tracking. It was worth it though as the breakfast was terrific. They had 2 hot waffle makers so there was no wait. Hot oatmeal, 3 kinds of cereal.. 2 of which might appeal to kids, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, blueberry muffins, orange and apple juice, white and wheat toast as well as bagels and cream cheese. The shower had great pressure but the fixture was a little low. Service was good and everyone was friendly.

Room Tip: If you need extra towels ask for them before going to your room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank warywoman
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Location is convenient to the north-south freeway and major east west streets but quite a drive from downtown. Convenient to mall shopping, restaurants, etc.
This property is older and obviously could use a "spucing up" as worn, stained hall carpets and walls were noted but overall looked clean. Even the parking lot could look better and the "pool area" resembled being in a jail with high metal fences around...not very relaxing. An Interresting note would be that the maid was much friendlier and helpful than the desk staff I experienced over my 2 day stay..

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family