“Watch for unexpected charges”
Review of Omaha Marriott

Omaha Marriott
Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Wartbrug
“Watch for unexpected charges”
Reviewed 5 April 2011

My stay was good until I received by bill. I was changed for a movie I did not watch and the hotal would not remove the charge. This made a good stay a bad one.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 4 March 2011

Stayed for 2 nights in March 2010. Bed was very comfortable and the video station was really great. Watched a couple movies from my laptop on the room TV with the provided video cables.

Front desk staff was knowledgeable about the local area, efficient with the checkin process, and the evening complementary champagne was appreciated.

Of the 3 business center computers, 1 was out of service, 1 had so many viruses it was unusable, and the other one worked.

The fitness center and pool area were surprisingly nice. The pool is an indoor/outdoor pool with a kind of tunnel to transit between inside and outside. Even though it was early March, the pool was heated and swimming outside was possible and comfortable. I don't like a cold pool but it was quite warm- maybe 78F inside and tapering off to 72F outside. Maintenance and groundskeeping on the outside pool area seems to have been neglected lately. It would probably be much better in the summer.

Overall I thought that the rates at this hotel were expensive, especially with no included breakfast option. But I did get a great nights sleep, and inroom video hookup to the TV was very nice.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mrrogertheshrubber
Washington, DC
Reviewed 22 February 2011

This is an older property that has been renovated and offers a pretty standard Marriott experience. The staff is friendly, and the rooms are fine. The common areas can be quite loud when there is a function going on. The thing that will keep me from going back is the $12 dollar a day charge for the internet. In this day and age that's like charging for the TV. There's no excuse for it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BLDC
Austin
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Location was great for our purposes. Lived in Omaha years ago so familiar with the area. Stayed in this hotel many years ago; they were remodeling then. Not a new hotel but nice enough. Rooms were fine.
Coffee maker, but no coffee. Front desk sent some up. After we got it, we realized there weren't any coffee mugs. Many water glasses but no mugs.
They didn't change the sheets during our stay - 3 nights. Nothing in the room indicated we needed to request this.
This was part of a travelocity package so room was paid for. We left a credit card for incidentals - of which we had none. They ran the card for the full amount and I had to call them - twice - to get it removed. Three days later, it was cleared up. I must add that when I was able to speak to the correct person, it was handled swiftly but I don't think I should've had to keep following up. Also, no apology or anything.
Lastly, I left my flat iron in the bathroom. I realized right away and called when we landed at home. Nothing was turned in to lost & found. They said to call back. I called back every day for three days. They said it hadn't been turned in. It was a brand new flat iron and cost $100+. Obviously, it was stolen. Again, no apology.
Decent workout room and very handy computer set up to specifically print out your boarding pass. Liked that.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmsomaha
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 9 December 2010

We held our wedding reception at this hotel on Labor Day. We visited all the other major venues in Omaha, and this was a better overall value. The Catering Manager was just wonderful--very detailed orientated and enthusiastic. We couldn't have been happier with how things turned out. Our guests all commented on how wonderful everything was. The hotel itself is centrally located, and within easy walking distance to shopping and fine dining. I would recommend this hotel for business or leisure travel anytime.

• Stayed September 2010
Glendale
Reviewed 25 November 2010

The hotel was very nice, clean and had great customer service. Very comfortable beds too. The only bad thing was that the walls seemed really thin. Would be woken up every morning to talking and could easily hear the maids cleaning the room across or next to ours.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
Lone Tree
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Nice hotel and steak restaurant. Busy place at times but still quiet in the rooms. All the staff that I encountered were very friendly and attentive. My room had updated furniture and bathrooms, granite, nice wooden cabinets and desk. I enjoyed connecting my laptop to the LCD TV for viewing videos or just working with a larger screen. Fast internet speed is appreciated. Great location for my work and a large mall with many restaurants close by. Walking distance to Whole Foods. I would definitely stay here again. Only suggestion would be to add HD channels to the TV lineup someday..

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business