Quality Inn Omaha
US$165
US$157
MagnoliaHotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewspool sidebiscuits and gravyindoor poolstayed one nighttubsbilliards
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I am just going to make this short to keep my blood pressure down.
Looked for a "brand name" and found it.
First evening was ok till bed time. The Q shower that I have had in the past and was advertised here was not in my room. No extra room in shower by the curved shower rod that was not there.
No multiple position shower head that was advertised. Second day, nothing new. Third day evening I was resting on bed while my roommate was in the shower. The door opens and in comes a couple of people that said that the room was their's. Originally we booked for 2 days but with the promise of work, we stayed an extra day. We did go to the desk and let the man in charge know of our intent. He did say that the room had been assigned out already but that the guests had not checked in yet and that the correction would be made. To my "surprise" I was sure that it had not been properly taken care of. Later that evening somehow the TV remote had stopped working so I walked to the desk to inform the desk clerk. I was given new batteries in the remote and went back to the room. Still not working so I went back to the desk to report. I was asked what type TV was in our room but I did not know the brand and thought that the computer could give her that info. I was given another remote and went back to the room. That remote did not work so I just called the desk and told her of the same problem at hand. She said that she was unable to get to the room to check it out first hand. She did come by about 45 minutes later near 9:45 on 03-07-2013. I think that she had a new remote and she started a setup using the new remote and this fixed the problem. I started getting my things ready for an early departure on Friday. When I moved my luggage from where it was since I came into the room on 03-05-2013, it was sopping wet. I picked it up and looked at the floor and saw that it was wet. The carpet showed signs of an existing problem as it didn't even reach the tack strip and was not actually held down. I took out my remaining items that were in the luggage and put them in a plastic bag. I knew at that time that I was going to have to wear my dirty items home because my remaining clean ones were wet. I went to the desk Thursday evening again and told her that the floor was wet and that my things were wet. She laughed and said she was sorry and handed me a card to relate my visit to. It was my partner Clyde Hallemann that put this trip on his card this time. The check in was on 03-05-2013, checkout was on 03-08-2013. We stayed in room 122. We take turns with booking our trips. The person that fixed the remote and handed me the card was RSTONE.ne067. Well I have let you know about my stay and now I would like to hear from you.

Kevin McKinley 610 Sunward Dr O'Fallon MO 63368 skylight71@charter.net

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
qi2808, General Manager at Quality Inn Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2013

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you had issues during your stay with us. The "Q Shower" upgrade is something we are working on. It has not yet been installed in every room. We hope to have it completed soon.
Yes, it is unacceptable to have another guest enter your room. I have spoken with the employee who over-booked your room, allowing another guest to reserve it and check in. He admitted to the mistake and it is something that will not happen again.
While we offer several ammenities at our hotel, we operate with only one desk clerk at all times. I am sorry it took so long to have your TV remote made functional.
Regarding the wet carpet, we checked, and the guest room above your room had a bathtub that overflowed. Had we known about this issue sooner, it would have been dealt with in a more timely fashion. Again, sorry your stay with us was not up to our usually high standards.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Decided to go Omaha, and selected Quality Inn as the hotel of choice. We've stayed here periodically over the years, and it has changed from the better (our first stay, i thought It was a bit questionable). However, the rooms have been remodeled and are quite nice (keeping in mind it's an older hotel), nice TV, comfortable beds, little fridge. The pool is the primary reason to come, as it's large (newer hotels have postage stamp pools), clean and have a couple of hot tubs. The continental breakfast is average, but most hotels are, i do wish the peanut butter was individual servings instead of a communal jar. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly, my son left a pillow in the room, and returned to find it waiting for us at the front desk. I've read the other reviews slamming the hotel, but our experiences have always been good. For the money, I would recommend to friends.

Room Tip: If you have kids using the pool, a roomside view is nice with great access to the pool, and a balcony to watch them, noisier than usual during the pool open hours, but that's to be expected.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank DavidQ521
qi2808, General Manager at Quality Inn Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for your comments. We honestly work very hard to insure guests have a quality stay at our hotel. We have gotten both positive and negative reviews from people who have stayed with us. Positive ones, such as yours, give us the opportunity to feel good about a job well done. Negative ones, however, allow us to evaluate and examine what and where we need to improve upon. Again, we are happy you had a good stay with us. We hope to receive your business again soon.

Reviewed 17 February 2013

PROPERTY:: Nice location but when we pulled up three police cars were already here. Not a great feeling of safety.
CHECK IN: We weren't able to check in until after 4 pm, when we were told 3 pm. And the second room wasn't ready until after that as well.
ROOMS: Good condition but one room had a hairdryer fail and the bathrooms were small. Not modern feel, but it worked for the two days.
BREAKFAST: Horrible, eggs were rubbery, half the items were gone by 9 am and not refilled right away. Tables weren't cleaned very fast.
POOL: Nice pool for kids and adults. Nice to have an adult AND kids hot tub separated. The adult hot tub was not hot the first night, better by today (Sunday). Floors are slippery, our daughter fell once and I saw another woman fall as well. Slanted floor + water= fall risks.
Overall I would not come here again if I had another choice. I don't think they are far from improvements, but need to dig in and do it.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family

I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at our hotel. The police officers, who were stopping at other businesses as well, were responding to a missing persons' report in the Omaha area. We have security staff on property to insure customer safety. While I will never make a blanketed excuse, our hotel is very popular, especially on weekends. One reason is the full, hot breakfast served daily. Our weekend breakfast attendant has over nine years of experience, and sometimes, when we are very busy, the position can be overwhelming. Even when serving time ends, we continue to service guests who are still in the dining area. And yes, we are aware of the surface in the pool area. When wet, it can and does get "slippery". We are working to address this issue. We are continuously updating and improving our hotel so we can provide a comfortable, safe, and enjoyable experience for our customers.

Reviewed 30 October 2012

I have stayed in many hotels...this was DISGUSTING! It was SO dirty...there was a mouse running down the second floor hallway! The smoke alarm was disconnected in our room. The staff (except Kyle who was extremely helpful) was so rude! The continental breakfast offered a lot of choices but after seeing the mouse i couldn't bear to eat anything from it...and the peanut butter was a jar for every guest to dig in...gross! The lamp shades had stains on all of the rooms we had. As soon as I sat on the bed a spring broke. They don't have an elevator and the steps are SO slippery for people to go up after being in the pool. They couldn't give us a crib even though we were told we would have 3 of them for the entire weekend but after seeing a FULLY MADE cot in the linen closet that had burn marks all over it I was glad my babe didn't have to sleep in there! Plus we didn't even get our money back even after all of this! I called the Ramada Inn across the street an hour after getting to this hotel and we got free water park passes and our hotel was a zillion times better for like $10 a night. SERIOUSLY DONT STAY HERE! GGGGGGRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Go to the Ramada.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
qi2808, General Manager at Quality Inn Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2012

I am sorry you had a bad experience during your stay. We make every effort to provide a clean, comfortable, and enjoyable stay for all our guests. The issues you mentioned will be looked at and adressed. We honestly strive to be the best hotel value in the area. Again, I wish you would have had a more positive experience.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

It was my mistake that I booked this through priceline. These are the main things which disappointed me.
1) there r no elevators. I was alone and had to carry all my bags to the first floor without any help available.
2 ) the tv in my room would not work . It was the oldest model tv I saw.
3 ) bathrooms were very small , looked dirt as well. The towels were stained. The bedcovers were dirty and I could see cigarette marks in a non smoking room
4 ) the heat would not work. I was feeling cold and was asked to use a heater in the room which was no noisy and kept making intermittent noises. It disturbed my sleep all night.
After all this I was offered by the front desk to either get Only 15 dollars less on my bill or I was given the option to change the hotel in late evening which was not feasible as I did not have my own car and didn't want to pay a Emmy more for the cab myself.
5 ) on top of this there were men moving around in towels in the corridors, a couple passed some indecent comments as well. It made me feel very insecure . I just counted my hours there.was so happy to check out .

• Stayed: October 2012