“Great space, very big rooms”

Sonesta ES Suites Omaha
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Columbus, Ohio
“Great space, very big rooms”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Nice space. Each room is like an apt with its own outside entry. I think it was 4 units per building, 2 up and 2 down. First floor rooms have a patio (but I would pick 2nd floor because I had a loud walker above me and I could hear them). Nice kitchens, comfortable living room space, clean. very comfortable space. Nice grounds. Free hot breakfast, and free evening happy hour some days with wine and beer. No alcohol outside of happy hour. Would be nice to be able to purchase a glass of wine in the evening. Got the UNO discount of $105 per night. Very inexpensive!

Room Tip: Prefer 2nd floor... Could hear walking above
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Blair R, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear David,

Thank you for the review of our hotel! We are happy that you enjoyed your experience with us while visiting UNO. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Columbia, Maryland, USA
Reviewed 23 September 2013

We have stay many places and can say that this Residence Inn was lovely. Everyone from the manager to every employee we encountered were very nice and bent over backwards to ensure our stay was fantastic! It is truly a gem of a place to stay! It was clean, well equipped, extremely well maintained, with a happy pleasant atmosphere. The service was its crown jewel. We were so appreciative of everything about this place and would do everything we could to stay at this hotel next time we return to Omaha, NE.

Room Tip: Just let them know what you need, and they will amaze you!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Michele,

Thank you very much for your review of our property. I am happy that the service you encountered while here was exceptional! We pride ourselves on our service and enhancing each guests experience while here at our location. You truly were our gem while here during your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Oklahoma City, OK
Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

Drove to Omaha for a baseball game. I spoke to Marlo to make our reservations. I told her I was not really high on Marriott properties at this time, because of a couple of bad experiences. She assured me she would make sure I changed my mind.

When we got there after 11:00 pm, our first impression was not good. Didn't appear to be in a really good part of town, and when we walked into the lobby, it wad dark except for behind the desk. The guy at the desk was a joke. There were two people sitting in the dark watching a movie. I was the first of the people to check in. He ran my debit card and said that he got a message, somethings about unauthorized user. I assured him the card was good. He ran it two more times, then just stood there and looked at me. I didn't have another card, so I asked him where there was an ATM. He sent me a couple of blocks away to a bank that had an indoor ATM. Only problem was that you had to have a bank card to get into the door. Found another ATM, and when I went back, I found out he had the same problem with one of the other cards.

Checked into the room and found a nice clean room, except that one of the sets of curtains wouldn't close all the way. Back to the office for paper clips to hold them closed.

The next morning, I went down for breskfast and met Marlo. I told her what had happened. She was horrified, and almost immediately put 15,000 points on my Marriott account. She told me that what we had experienced was not what we should expect, and she made sure she had my cell number so a manager could call me after the weekend. Breskfast was good, with eggs, ham, potatoes, biscuits, toast, waffles, fresh fruit, cereal, oatmeal and bagels. Very tasty, and the lobby looked much better in the light of day.

First impression was terrible, but I think, at the least, the desk guy will get some serious remedial training. Otherwise, this is a very nice older property that has been totally renovated
Big fluffy towels, good breakfast, comfortable beds, and very nice staff, other than the one oddball. Would stay here again, if I made a return trip to Omaha.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank CatchersMom
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that our second impression kept you here with us while in town for the weekend. I can assure I have visited with the associate who was here when you arrived, and I have also commended Marlo on her work while you were here. It was a pleasure to have you here at our hotel and I hope we get to see you next baseball season, if not sooner!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Love Love Love this Hotel. We stayed for 2 weeks and never had one problem from the time we checked in till the time we left.
Service was amazing and they could not do enough for you. We had our children come and spend the night with us, called front desk with in 5 min we had all clean bedding and towels for them. Same thing when we needed any thing always there within 5 mins.
The breakfast was great, pool was clean and well stocked with towels.
we will use this company to all the time...
Thank you for making a good holiday into a great holiday..

Room Tip: Next to the pool and bbq pit..
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience while here in Omaha! I remember speaking to you all about football (soccer) and your favorite clubs back home. We were so happy so assist you when you were here! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Got upgraded to a studio room and it was awesome. Have plenty of room to stretch out. 2 beds, 2 baths, and a pull out sofa. 3 tvs, full size fridge and stove. Only down side is not many parking spaces. Breakfast was ok. Has waffle maker so that was a plus. Easy access to mall, stores, and retaurants. Would definitely stay here again when in town.

Room Tip: Get rooms in building 4 or 5 as they are away from street and are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Blair R, Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy that your experience was great and your suite was awesome! We look forward to you staying here at the Residence Inn again soon!

Des Moines, IA
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We love staying here. We got the 2 bedroom room with the loft. It has 2 bathrooms, 2 bedrooms and a living room and kitchen. The upstairs loft floor craks and squeeks but it didn't bother us. It did bother the people under us who called the front desk saying we were banging and stomping. We were doing nothing of the sort. I did have my 18 months old grandson who was playing. I think the hotel is old and the floor makes noise when you walk across the floor.
the breakfast was good, the poor lady working the breakfast was having a hard time keeping up. But it was a tasty breafast. I would, and plan to, stay again someday.

1 Thank ljslight
Dear Guest,

We love when you stay here as well! Thank you for your review and we are happy your experience was one to remember. We look forward to you staying here again.

Lincoln
Reviewed 2 July 2013

I stayed here on June 29, 2013 on the spur of the moment. I called the hotel directly and was able to make a reservation without a credit card, after I told Nick that I needed to see how my pet checked out at the vet before I could make a commitment. When I arrived I asked about an upgrade and was assured that they would sell out before the end of the night. But they did offer an upgrade for only $10 more ($129). It was well worth it. The room was great, the bed was comfy, and the pool was refreshing and not too busy. The hotel provides some floating rafts which was nice. I also appreciated that a log was provided for the fireplace. The only think I did not like was the breakfast, but I don't like most hotel breakfasts. Some fresh fruit would have been nice. I would have also appreciated something other than powder coffee creamer in the room. If you stay here, and are on a low budget, or want to stay in, Jasons deli is right next door and will deliver for free, plus their food is super good.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are happy that your mini vacation went well and your experience was great. We look forward to your next getaway weekend with us here at the Residence Inn Omaha!