“It's a little aged”

Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Chicago, Illinois
“It's a little aged”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Like myself it's a little aged but the stay was ok. Location was close to the airport.and they had a decent breakfast offering.I would have like to have a small fridge in the room for pop or water.The room was very quiet and I was on the second floor. There is a restaurant within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Dan W
OMAFD, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We appreciate the guest feedback! The hotel is scheduled to have a complete renovation this year . We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed our overall service. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Thanks again for letting us know how we are doing.

Fairfield Inn and Suites Downtown Omaha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
United States
Reviewed 6 February 2014

The management staff were personable, pleasant, and very accommodating. They called their complimentary shuttle to take us to our dinner reservations in the Old Market area, and we were most pleased. Good central location. Clean accommodations and breakfast area. Only suggestion would be to have blankets available. The bedspreads look nice but are quite thin; thus, a blanket is needed, but unavailable.

Room Tip: Upper floor, a distance from the elevators.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. We appreciate the guest feedback! I will be sure to let our team know they did a great job! I have also shared your comment about extra blankets with the executive housekeeper and we will be sure to purchase some and have them availabe to our guests. We look forward to seeing you back again soon!

Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing.

Naperville, Illinois
Reviewed 4 February 2014

So I went to check in here for a business trip and they informed me the hot water was not working. Discouraged in the middle of a snow storm they made the call to move me to the Residence Inn right down the street. They even went so far to match the rate so I would not be disappointed.

The hotel manager Chris was very professional and made sure I was taken care of. Great customer service.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
OMAFD, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Guest feedback is our most valuable tool for ensuring we provide the best stay experience. I apologize for the inconvenience we caused for you. A broken water line above our hot water heater was the cause for no hot water. We were able to get them repaired at approximately 6pm on February 4. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again the next time you are in Omaha!

Once again apologize for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Huron, South Dakota, United States
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The room was okay and the front desk was very helpful when we checked in and were looking for a place to eat late at night on New Years Day, but then we returned and wanted to use the pool and hot tub but found that it was out of order. Wish they had told us when we checked in, we may have made other arrangements

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your recent stay at Fairfield Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Guest feedback is our most valuable tool for ensuring we provide the best stay experience. I apologize for the inconvenience by closing the pool for repairs. We try to schedule repairs to cause the least possible disruption possible but we did not meet that expectation with you. I apologize as we should notify you upon returning to the hotel. We hope to welcome you back in the future and give you best possible experience possible.

Once again apologize for your inconvenience.

Regards,

Fairfield Inn and Suite Downtown Omaha
Maitland, Florida
Reviewed 2 January 2014

If you are looking for a central location this hotel is perfect for the downtown Omaha area. The rooms were standard/average. The property does provide breakfast and free wifi which was also a plus. The only thing that was slightly disappointing is I requested a crib and instead of setting it up they left it to me to do. However when I called for assistance they came willingly.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
OMAFD, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Thank you for your recent stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Omaha Downtown. We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay with us. Guest feedback and comments is our most important tool for ensuring we provide exceptional stay experience. I apologize that we did not full fill that goal I have shared your comments with staff and will ensure we are meeting this expectation in the future of setting up cribs. We hope to welcome you back to our hotel again soon!

Thank you again for letting us know how we are doing.

Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Stayed here one night before an early morning flight from OMA. The hotel is very nice and fairly new. Late at night, they lock the front door and you have to use a key to get in. Makes it a pain when you are checking in late and trying to haul luggage and kids inside. I had a king room with a seperate sitting area. It was very large and comfortable. Checked out too early to try the breakfast, but I'm sure it's like any other Fairfield Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Recommend this hotel for long stay yes, I'm currently from Charlotte, NC and on assignment here in Omaha for the next 6 months - knowing nothing about the area or state - Fairfield was choice oof hotel since of my recent stays at other locations - once there the Customer Service Tiffany came out of her way to assist me in helping me get familar with the hotel and to ensure my stay - she helped me with a map of the location - places to go and not go - she also took it upon herself to assist me with any questions or issues that I had - it's a great place to stay and I recommend everyone to at least try one night and you will find you will extend your stay and ask for Tiffany she will assist you

Thanks for a Great Stay Fairfield and for having such a great associate Tiffany on staff there

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business