“Difficult to get to but once there no problems.”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown
Ranked #27 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
“Difficult to get to but once there no problems.”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

The general GPS route via our phone directed us around the Inn down a road still under construction. I knew this from an earlier post in "tripadvisor". We had a first floor room next to the railroad tracks but it wasn't very distracting when the two trains went past. HBO didn't work but the front desk care of that. Joe our shuttle driver was fantastic giving us a mini tour and took us to the fashion show to see our daughter walk the cat walk. The front desk arranged for Joe to take us, pick us up if needed that evening, and another driver to get us to the airport the next day. Usual hotel continental breakfast, but they had some good coffee which really helped. The only thing that did really work very well was the very touchy alarm clock/radio. I wish we had more time to take a dip in the pool and jacuzzi. It was a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Some rooms next to the railroad tracks but was pretty quiet for the most part. You will have to do s...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jamie S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and we are glad that you had a good time. Joe is one of the best shuttle drivers in town and makes each guest feel welcome. We are glad you got the chance to meet him. We are aware of the road construction and challenges that guests may have to get to us. However with the roads being closed on all sides of us, the only way to get to us is through another parking lot and it happens to be a neighboring hotel that will not allow us to put a sign on their property.

Thank you again for staying with us and we hope that you can come see us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I was surprised to read all of the reviews about construction in the hotel. Everything seemed functional when we arrived two days ago. We were actually supposed to stay at the Marriott downtown (it was overbooked), so they sent us over to the Fairfield. It was a easy and stress-free switch. The customer service was great. Our room was large and conveniently located to Film Streams and the Slowdown.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your stay in Omaha. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and our hotel and hospitality. We strive to do everything possible to make our guests feel welcome and please let us know if we can accomodate you again!
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I loved Marriott and have been loyal for years. This hotel needs an update. The breakfast area had broken waffles the entire time we were there. The breakfast was sad and we went out 2 morning we were there. The A/C in the gym didn't work....worked out in 80 degree weather. Beds were old - the hotel has a great location just needs to be updated.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I am sorry you feel our breakfast was not up to your standards. I do not know what you mean by your waffle was broken? Sounds like maybe you did not put enough batter in the iron perhaps? Our breakfast is rated very highly, so I am not sure what you were expecting from a Fairfield complimentary breakfast? Please feel free to let me know what exactly you were not happy with so that I can make sure it is fixed by the time you come to visit us again.
We do have plans to renovate soon and we just need to get through the busy summer season and we can start.
I also was not aware that our fitness center AC was out. It is always ice cold in there and again I do appologize for the inconvience.
Marmora, Canada
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Pros
Location near to business district and convention centre, not too far from Old Market.
Reception amazing, the lady who checked us in could not have been sweeter. Grey trouser suit, originally from Colorado, sorry I forgot to get her name, value her Marriott.
Shuttle to the Old Market is very useful - note reception person also drives the shuttle and you can call for them to come back when you are ready.

We walked back though and it was very pleasant. About 15 blocks or so.

Elevator, ice, free breakfast, free parking, all good.
Decor good in room and communal areas, clean.

Cons
AC VERY noisy
A few more pillows would be an idea on a king size bed as standard especially as they are so soft.

Pool and Exercise area
Pros
Good size towels but... see below
The pool was lovely and cool and the hot tub was HOT.

Cons
Almost no towels (2 left) when pool opened which we took and and still none brought in an hour later for additional pool users.
Discarded pop bottles littered around the area, chairs kind of haphazard, it had the feeling that no one bothered to check. Makes you wonder if they check the chemical levels at all?
Discarded wet towels on floor of patio and pool area.
Looked like the cement and paint was flaking, or worn away in the hot tub.
Most of all, get someone to clean the windows between the pool and patio. Those smears of grime do the hotel no favours when it comes to a general feeling about housekeeping.

Fitness Room
It had obviously not been cleaned.
As we left housekeeping showed up to vacuum. Power cord trailed across from door to entire area through to fitness room. Are there not power outlets in the fitness room that she could use?

Overall a good hotel. It is in a construction zone and yes, that brings issues but it is well placed and in a few years will be an ideally positioned hotel for both business and sports/recreation venues in down town Omaha.

Room Tip: High floors always seem to work better, at least for us.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and tell us about your experience while you were here in Omaha.
We appreciate your kind words and look forward to what our area will become in a few years as well.
Kansas City
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

First, I received an email from Marriott, as I do every Monday, advertising a discounted room at your hotel starting 7/3 for $89. I clicked on it to reserve a room for Thursday night with Fairfield Inn but it kept coming up as $109. I called and asked the front desk and they didn't know anything about a discounted rate and told me to call somebody the next day. I would think the front desk would know about a special rate being offered for the holiday weekend.

Second, I booked a room that was able to have a rollaway bed, according to the website. After I checked in I requested the rollaway bed and was told, by the woman at the front desk, I was not able to have it because of the room I was in. After showing her the website and her seeing that it allowed one rollaway, she wanted to argue with me about fire codes and keeping my children safe instead of trying to fix the problem. I was offended by this because she was almost implying that I was not worried about the safety of my children. I understand fire codes, but I also understand customer service. If the website says it allows a rollaway and I booked on that knowledge, you try to fix the problem, you do not argue with the customer. Sleeping was very uncomfortable that night, as my three children had to sleep together in a double bed.

Great location, breakfast was wonderful, room was clean.

Also, I emailed the general manager about this issue but never got a response, but I do see he responds to trip advisor reviews.

Stayed July 2014
OMAFD, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Ryan,

Thank you for letting us know about your experience at the Fairfield Inn Omaha. After I read your review, I found your email in our company spam file and responded back to you in a separate email. I apologize for the inconvenience my staff caused during your stay here in Omaha. I have used your experience to retrain our staff on proper procedures for rollaway and proper etiquette when working with customers and requests. We are also making sure our staff is aware of all special promotions that we are offering to make sure our customers get the best offers we have available.

Once again, I apologize for not responding a timely manner and also for the inconvenience you experienced.

We hope to see you again the future, so we can truly demonstrate the service I know our staff can offer your family and you.

Thanks again,

Christopher Johnson G.M.
Fairfield Inn and Suites Downtown Omaha
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We were in town for a show at the Slowdown, and were looking for something reasonable within walking distance. We also walked to the Old Market (~1 mile) for lunch (I believe they also have a shuttle van?), followed by a walk down the Missouri Riverfront - so the great location was much appreciated! Neither of us felt unsafe at any point in our 2 night stay. The breakfast was better than average, with a good variety of cereals/breads/fruits/eggs/etc., even biscuits and gravy one morning (with delicious gravy!). Very clean and modern looking hotel, including lobby, breakfast area, and rooms. There is also a "market" with various snacks/drinks near the front desk, and the prices were very reasonable and the selection was good. Upon arrival, we noticed quite a bit of construction, and train tracks that ran very close to our window, but we were never bothered by the noise from either of these. Overall, would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay in Omaha and we hope to see you again!
The location is undergoing some revitalization and we look forward to the end result and no more construction and blocked roads.
Please let us know if we can accomodate you again!
Aiea, Hawaii
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Hotel is pretty new. Close to everything downtown. Accommodations are as expected for a Fairfield. Breakfast was great, clean, and well maintained. Gentleman at front desk was less than happy.

My only complaint was you could hear everything! People outside my window down a few floors were loud until 1am. Everyone walking down the hall sounded like they were in my room. Every sound from the room next door could be heard. TIP: keep your AC fan on HIGH all the time for a good nights sleep to drown out the noise.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jamie S, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Omaha Downtown, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
I am sorry to hear that there was some noise distrubances during your stay. We did get a group in that was very loud and did not know how to use indoor voices. We did inform them to be quiet several times but unfortunately they don't always listen once we are not around. We do our best to ensure that our guests get a good night sleep while they are here and when we take groups we warn them ahead of time of our party and noise policy and we do our best to enforce it. I know in our log book we did have a couple complaints about noise during your stay and we did talk to the individuals that were making the noise and we did not hear any further complaints. So sometimes everything can not be perfect and you don't always get the nice quiet groups and at the end of the day you just hope that everything works out. I hope that you enjoyed your trip to Omaha and you will choose to stay with us again the next time you are in town.