“Fresh and tasty”

Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #70 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Description: Have you been to the Gulf Coast or New England and liked the feel of a good old-fashioned Oyster Bar? Well, we brought one back for you! Featuring Oysters on the Half Shell, shucked right in front of you. Shrimp or Oyster Po' Boys, Walleye, Fried Clam Strips, Shrimp, Calamari and Oysters (thinnest breading in town). Plus Crab Cakes, Clam Chowder, Gumbo, wide selection of Salads, and daily FRESH FISH specials.
Reviewed 17 June 2014

A great pre-Father's Day late lunch that really was great. Service was quick even with a pretty full house. All appetizers and entrees prepared exactly as ordered. OK, if you know us we're chowder snobs, so we'd pick the lobster bisque over the chowder. Everyone got to slurp a couple of oysters from the roundabout sampler. Lobster roll was a huge hit - fresh as you can get here in the land of corn, cows and cranes. Fresh fish special (I'm guessing, I don't see it on their regular menu) of cajin orange roughy over rice had a nice little kick to it, and sweat too. Neither the hot or the sweet hid the flavor of the fish though - a good thing too since it was very tasty.

1  Thank PJHoffnet

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have spent much of my life on the East Coast. I come from a family of fishermen and sea food eaters. Shucks reminds me of a Chesapeake Bay crab house, but its in Omaha. I believe they were trying to create a gulf coast atmosphere. The food in the restaurant is very good. Today we decided to try the Red Trout (the color comes from the seasonings). It had a delightful dill sauce and was a very generous serving. It was superb. The prices in the sea food store seem a little exorbitant, but the restaurant prices are quite reasonable for a sea food restaurant. Friendly service in a casual atmosphere. Worth a visit if you're in Omaha.

1  Thank costela
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Seafood as good or better than the coasts. Oysters, Clam Chowda, Salmon, you name it. Great place to enjoy a meal!!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband and I recently took our 2-year-old daughter here for dinner and although we wanted to like it, left less than satisfied. The hostess that seated us seemed annoyed with every customer in the place, didn't bring us a booster seat or highchair, (nor did she offer to), and no crayons. Seeing as the hostess is the first face you see when you walk in, it would be nice if she were at least mildly personable and friendly. The table we sat at was so close to other tables that we could hear every word of their conversations, and were constantly bumping elbows and getting hit by chairs backing up. The larger gentleman behind my husband actually had to move his whole table in order to get in. But most disappointing was that we ordered the blackened chicken alfredo pasta, which made no mention of being spicy. Our plan was to share a little of it with our daughter if she didn't like her fish & chips kids meal. Well the chicken alfredo was so incredibly spicy that I couldn't even eat it! There was red pepper ALL over the pasta and plate. I don't know who would like it that hot. The raw oysters were good, though not cheap, and our waitress was very nice. I don't see us returning to this establishment.

Reviewed 24 October 2013 via mobile

Happy hour special was great! Fresh oysters, good beer, excellent service, great prices! Highly recommend!

Been to Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!