“Great find”

Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar
Ranked #50 of 1,387 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Description: Have you been to the Gulf Coast or New England and liked the feel of a good old-fashioned Oyster Bar? Well, we brought one back for you! Featuring Oysters on the Half Shell, shucked right in front of you. Shrimp or Oyster Po' Boys, Walleye, Fried Clam Strips, Shrimp, Calamari and Oysters (thinnest breading in town). Plus Crab Cakes, Clam Chowder, Gumbo, wide selection of Salads, and daily FRESH FISH specials.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Found shucks accidentally while in Omaha. Dinner for 2 with a dozen oysters and a drink a piece for $60 is hard to find, but Shucks can do it! Excellent Red beans and rice. Unique find in the Midwest. If you ask for blackened, you get it, and that was much appreciated. Will be back.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Shucks.. Great food.. Great service.. Great place.. why go somewhere else? No matter what time of day, the food is always fresh, and the service is excellent; all servers are very friendly and helpful! What I love about Shucks, is that they recognize me, call me by my first name, and know what I'm going to order!! :)

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A great pre-Father's Day late lunch that really was great. Service was quick even with a pretty full house. All appetizers and entrees prepared exactly as ordered. OK, if you know us we're chowder snobs, so we'd pick the lobster bisque over the chowder. Everyone got to slurp a couple of oysters from the roundabout sampler. Lobster roll was a huge hit - fresh as you can get here in the land of corn, cows and cranes. Fresh fish special (I'm guessing, I don't see it on their regular menu) of cajin orange roughy over rice had a nice little kick to it, and sweat too. Neither the hot or the sweet hid the flavor of the fish though - a good thing too since it was very tasty.

1  Thank PJHoffnet
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have spent much of my life on the East Coast. I come from a family of fishermen and sea food eaters. Shucks reminds me of a Chesapeake Bay crab house, but its in Omaha. I believe they were trying to create a gulf coast atmosphere. The food in the restaurant is very good. Today we decided to try the Red Trout (the color comes from the seasonings). It had a delightful dill sauce and was a very generous serving. It was superb. The prices in the sea food store seem a little exorbitant, but the restaurant prices are quite reasonable for a sea food restaurant. Friendly service in a casual atmosphere. Worth a visit if you're in Omaha.

1  Thank costela
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Seafood as good or better than the coasts. Oysters, Clam Chowda, Salmon, you name it. Great place to enjoy a meal!!

Been to Shucks Fish House & Oyster Bar? Share your experiences!