“Nice hotel, great location”

Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #29 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Nice hotel, great location”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

This is a well-designed hotel w/ friendly, helpful staff. It haas a good exercise facility. Rooms are large & bright. BUT...HVAC was like sleeping w/ a diesel engine idling at bedside & water pressure was so low that soap dried before being able to rinse off. Bathroom lighting was so dim that I used a flashlight for applying make-up.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HistoryTraveler216

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
McKinney, Texas
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Originally, I had reserved a room at the Marriott in West Omaha at a lower rate. It was only at the suggestion of one of my colleagues on this project that I switched to the Courtyard. Typically, I avoid Courtyards now as they do not comp breakfast for their most loyal guests, Platinum Elites. Courtyards are the only brand, other than resorts, in the Marriott family that will not do this. Yes, they have their new Bistro dining concept; however, it is overpriced and unremarkable. Were it not for this issue, the rating would have been "Excellent".

That point aside, my recent stay was wonderful. The staff was warm, caring, welcoming, and helpful both before and during the trip. They each were truly devoted the Marriott "Spirit to Serve". Minutes from the airport, this hotel is just north of the Old Market district of Omaha with no end of marvelous restaurants, pubs, grills, and wine bars, all within walking distance. Except for the expected mediocre fare at the airport, I didn't have a bad meal the entire week. While the building is old like most everything else in the area, it is well maintained and up to date. The room was spacious and well laid out for a business traveler. Despite the breakfast thing, I will be back, and that is more than I can say about most Courtyards of late.

1 Thank TexasVoyager_BW
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Nice hotel with a great location. Everything in the Old Market area was within walking distance, we never had to walk more than 15 minutes to get anywhere. Although if you prefer not to walk, the hotel has a shuttle service that will take anywhere in the vicinity at anytime you want, you only need to notify the front desk when you're ready to leave and they will call the shuttle for you.

The hotel also has a few extra features that they charge you for, such as $8 parking per vehicle and breakfast that ranges from $6 - $15. This isn't uncommon for nicer hotels in downtown areas, but its just nice to expect it before you get there. The internet was free, which was a bonus.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
New Castle, Delaware
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Staff well trained, polite and helpful. During my recent stay, Morgan was very helpful in filling us on area attractions and even calling casino shuttle bus for us.

Very convenient Bistro with excellent Food. The fitness center was very convenient with modern treadmills you can run on and not worry about breaking your Back.

Very clean pool. All shuttle drivers were very polite and prompt to pick up at airport.

Room was excellent as expected with great Wifi service. Got right in.

Overall, great experience.

Room Tip: Check out 9th Street atTavern across the street. Be careful with traffic as the highway off ramp is...
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We stayed and are currently staying here and if we could get a refund, we would. We brought a group down, recommended this place and the management or lack thereof is a joke. We had a simple request for the kids in our group and hey failed at that. Empty apologies and a complete lack of courtesy is the norm. This was our 3rd yr in a row staying here and I live Marriott hotels. Next year and any other year I'll be staying at a Hilton.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank mchurch23
CourtyardOmaha, Manager at Courtyard Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate your feedback. We value your opinion as we use this information to hopefully better our operation. We hope you consider us ahain on any future visits to Omaha. Thank you.
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Typical Courtyard Marriott in a cool, older building--the bistro breakfasts were good, averaged about $13 per morning for me. Within walking distance to downtown. The location is very nice. Airport's not far, either. Also within walking to the Arena, the world series baseball stadium, and a few theatres.

Hotel front staff were courteous and helpful. Room was nice--ceiling was much taller than I expected and I liked it. Walls were a bit thin (I could hear my neighbor's alarm in the morning.) Overall a good stay. I imagine I'll stay here again.

Taylors Falls, Minnesota
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Everything about this hotel embodies care and sensitivity. A 1913 building has been carefully transformed into a lovely, quiet and comfortable hotel. Rooms are generously sized and well appointed. I wish I could remember the names of everyone working there; all were so helpful. The operations manager Steve Skelly overflows with enthusiasm for the facility he runs, and that translates to guests as a delightful experience staying there.

• Stayed March 2014