“Price was half the price of hotel next door, and the only...”

Suburban Extended Stay Hotel, Omaha
Ranked #62 of 82 Hotels in Omaha

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I've stayed at this hotel once a month for the last 7 months while attending classes at UNO. The staff is extraordinarily friendly and helpful. The rooms are extremely clean, well organized and comfortable. Furnishings are a bit dated, but well kept. The free breakfast is well stocked with waffles, oatmeal, cold cereals, toasts, yogurt and hot dishes. I have had to bring my doggie child a few times with me, and they have been very welcoming and accomodating to this need.
If you have mobility issues, that might cause problems at this hotel. Almost all rooms require at least one step up or a few steps down.
I almost hate to write this review because if people knew how wonderful this hotel is, I would have to make reservations months in advance!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Tucked 1 block behind an enormous (and poorly rated) Holidome, it is easy to miss Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham (formerly Premiere Suites). This is an older facility - like the original Residence Inns, but has had some effective refurbishing. The rooms are spacious and very quiet, with refrigerator, microwave, sink, and two TVs. Complimentary breakfast is quite a bit better than most, and served in a very large, comfortable lobby/gathering space, ...not the closets some hotels consider a breakfast area. Desk service is always friendly and efficient, and price is generally one of the most affordable (Usually somewhere between $67 and $85 for double occupancy. The surrounding neighborhood is OK, not great. There is plenty of lighted parking space with security patrol. Centrally located, it is very easy to get downtown, to the zoo, universities, and Nebraska Furniture Mart. The internal grounds between the individual buildings are nicely kept and create a sense of homey privacy. When traveling to Omaha, this is always our choice over many other newer, more distant hotels and more costly. It is the best value we have found in Omaha-- and have visited 6 or 7 times, and plan to do so again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the main lobby building/pool area.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 February 2013

Nice huge room but it did have an odd mildew type smell that wasn't horrible so I did not complain as I got in late at night. Wonderful central location in Omaha although the hotel itself was a bit difficult to find. The bed was soft and breakfast was okay. My main beef with Wyndham is their antiquated reservations system. I had reserved online earlier in the day by 11am. I arrived at the hotel at about 10:30 pm and they couldn't find my reservation. It still had not been faxed over as of 8am the next morning. The hotel staff was wonderful about the whole situation. All in all, I would stay their again.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed 12 January 2013

We stayed at Hawthorn Suites for one night on a cross country trip and were amazed at this property. Our two-bed suite had a small kitchen, living area with TV, vanity area separate from bathroom, and small bedroom with 2 comfortable double beds and a TV. Security from the outside into the room is through two key-activated locks. Our room was very quiet, but occupancy was pretty low this time of year. (January)
The Hot Breakfast was comparable to Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn (and other chains), but the breakfast area was nicely laid out and furnished.
The hotel is pet friendly and has a non- refundable pet deposit of $25 - although I couldn't find this anywhere in their website (and I specifically searched!) That surprise was the ONLY disappointment I had with this hotel. It is convenient to Interstate 80 and has several restaurants nearby. If all Hawthorn Suites are this clean, comfortable and reasonable, I may have just found my new favorite brand of lodging. Did I mention that I like this place?!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank cjcarwell
Iowa
Reviewed 24 December 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Omaha for her birthday and booked an overnight stay at this hotel. The GPS got us here easily and check in was fast and courteous. The parking lot was fairly snow and ice packed, which was a concern, but the walkways were cleared pretty well. We had to walk outside to get back to the lobby for breakfast, so I did a little exploring to find it. Coffee was out when I got there, and the front desk clerk made a fresh pot right away.

The room was big and spacious with a nice living area with a kitchenette and a separate king bed room. It was perfect as we needed to finish wrapping some Christmas gifts and crafts for a party the next day. We went out for a little shopping and dinner, which we brought back to the room. We ordered an in room movie and had a very restful nights sleep. Breakfast was very good, with a nice selection of hot items as well as traditional continental breakfast fare.

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple