“Nice hotel, great price.”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha
Ranked #34 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
“Nice hotel, great price.”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Make sure that you get a room on the north side of the bldg because the south side is along a very busy & noisey street. Free breakfast was excellent, lots of items to choose from. Pool was under construction...

• Stayed June 2013
Marsha F, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thanks for staying with us! Please return to enjoy the new indoor pool and hot tub due to open sometime this summer...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Le Mars, Iowa, United States
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Horrible, if you're a forgetful person. You won't get your stuff back if you forget it. Housekeeping is dishonest and are thieves. Stayed one night, forgot my shampoo and conditioner that was 3/4 full bought from a salon, so not cheap, didn't realize of course till the next day, called to let them know and to see if the cleaning staff had found it said they would call back after talking with housekeeping never got a call back. Called the next day, talked with a different person said the same thing, this time got a call back saying they didn't find anything. I asked to talk with a manager, she seemed annoyed and as if I were an inconvenience, said she will replace and send me them. Would've liked a reimbursement instead her having to go out buy my products and send them to me. Seems like a lot of work. Point is if you leave something you won't get it back, they'll say they don't have it. Why would they admit, free stuff right? Wrong. Lost my business.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bri G
I apologize for the misunderstanding over your shampoo. I have gobs and gobs of lost and found items that guests have forgotten and the staff has retrieved from the rooms. Just didn't want you to be without your shampoo so I'm willing to replace it.
Hattiesburg, MS
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Our AmericInn visit occurred during a major event weekend-- the Berkshire-Hathaway annual meeting. We were prepared for higher room prices but not prepared for some negative lodging experiences. This was our Jekyll and Hyde experience. Even so, the good points outweighed the bad ones.

The property is an older one. Even with some refurbishing, its age is beginning to show. The AmericInn brand appears to be at least the third name associated with the property. It has also been known as Hampton Inn and Westroads Inn. Lodging properties, unfortunately have a tendency to decline as they change from one brand to another. I have rarely encountered a situation where a “new brand” is actually better than the original brand.

The inn’s greatest strength lies in its location near Westroads Mall. With the exception of one event site at Century Link Center, we were close to our other event sites.(Even the trip from the inn to downtown Omaha was relatively convenient and easy to navigate). I also give good marks to the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk and other employees. The complimentary breakfast was acceptable, but the dining area was just a bit quirky in layout. The availability of 24-hour coffee was a real plus. Same goes for the free Internet service in the lobby.

The first three days of our stay were in the Jekyll mode; the last day was definitely of the Hyde variety. Upon our return from a Sunday brunch, we found two situations that basically cancelled any further afternoon plans. First, the elevator quit working entirely. We were required to make an immediate unplanned move from 4th floor to ground floor. The inn did provide two employees to help with the packing and re-location.

Second, and adding insult to injury, the heating/air conditioning unit was not working properly in the second room. More time was lost in waiting for the necessary repairs to be made. All in all we lost valuable time having to be subjected to the problems of lodging maintenance. I will say that the front desk personnel did their best to mitigate our negative experiences.

I was disappointed that no comment/apology for our inconvenience was even mentioned at checkout. I had expected something in the way of an apology and possibly a modest discount on the final night’s room rate, but neither was forthcoming.

I would not totally rule out a return visit to AmericInn, but I would approach another visit with some concern. The property continues to age, and based upon my observations and overheard conversations, I have the feeling that the property is deferring maintenance across the board. I don’t have a lot of confidence that things would go smoothly in a subsequent visit. But, who knows. I may give them a second chance.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
We'd love to have you return when our new indoor pool and hot tub are up and running! We'll make your stay worthwhile, I promise.
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We booked our stay for a quick family trip, late arrival early departure plan. We arrived 8 hours ahead of schedule and the staff just smiled and set us up with our room. After traveling 8 States as part of my job, I got used to checking in and out of hotels and barely being acknowledged. The staff here wasn't like that, they were excellent. Always smiling and helpful. At breakfast, my daughter noticed that the cherry Danish spot was empty, the lady working in the breakfast area not only refilled it promptly but also brought one to our table and offered it to our daughter. The beds are very comfortable even though they are double beds. We had absolutely NO COMPLAINTS about our stay and will book this hotel every time we are in the area. Thank you for making a quick trip feel like a vacation.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room, it is set back off the highway enough to be quiet but still...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Glad you loved it - we loved having you. The cherry danish are awaiting your return!
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We stayed here and were extremely pleased with everyone and evertything. The staff was extremely professional. During the might we were called due to a tornado warning in Omaha. Fortunately there was no tornado, but the situation was handled extremely well. Our room was whistle clean. The bed was very comfortable, and the pillows were out of this world excellent. We go to Omaha frequently and this will be "our" hotel from now on.

• Stayed May 2013
Marsha F, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
What a night, huh? Glad you love the pillows and hope to see you here soon.
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We had a great stay at Americinn. Everyone was friendly as can be. Maddie made awesome cookies and did outstanding work. I would return to this hotel if she was always there at our times of need. The breakfast was also great. Overall great hotel and great staff!

• Stayed May 2013
Good to hear you had a great time. Staff is terrific, aren't they!
Montgomery, Texas, United States
Reviewed 17 May 2013

These people were super nice. Almost every hotel in Omaha was booked for some track meet. We were so glad this hotel could squeeze us in. The place was crawling with high school kids but we barely heard them because they put us far enough away from the pack. Ice was an issue but then the place was packed. Parking was too. The room was nice and cozy, the beds were so comfy and the place was nice ad clean. My only complaint was you could not put 2 people in the bathroom at the same time. But that is minor.

Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Marsha F, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
We're so glad that you stayed with us! It was a busy few nights with the State Track Meet and all. Hope you come back when our pool and hot tub are completed early summer.