“Great location and nicely updated hotel”

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha
Ranked #31 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Grand Island, Nebraska
“Great location and nicely updated hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here for a wedding. The site was convenient and we really enjoyed the hotel.It is the first time in many years we did not stay with family in Omaha but they have all moved away. I would definatley recommend this hotel.

My wife was not impressed with breakfast as they did not get things out as soon as she thought they should. It was not better than expected.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank chadn1
Marsha F, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thanks for your comments. They will help us improve so that breakfast is "Better than Expected"

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have never experienced such a caring and overall wonderful staff at a hotel...EVER! I was having a terrible experience with Priceline making an error with my reservation and in response, even though AmericInn was not at fault AT ALL, Tim at the customer service and Marsha the Manager were so wonderful to me and my entire family. The entire staff at the Omaha AmericInn represent the brand in a very positive light. I plan on exclusively staying here for any future visits to the Omaha area. Also, as a tip to all travelers - DO NOT USE PRICELINE! Call the AmericInn directly and they will not only offer you a great deal, but also exceptional customer service!

• Stayed August 2014
Glad we had the opportunity to make it right for you! Thanks for the great comments and please visit us again....
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Room & everything was just fine. Very clean rooms. Has a pool but couldn't stay very long due to the very very strong chlorine.
The main issue was the service I received. When my sister & her family checked in they asked for a room next to mine. They said I wasn't even staying there. Maybe a miscommunication? When I checked in there was no one at the front desk. I waited 6 minutes thinking maybe he was away helping someone but finally called the hotel to let someone know I was waiting to check in. The man then came to the desk chewing food throughout the entire check in process. Never welcomed me or directed me to my room or anything just eating. I had to return to the desk later that evening and there was a huge line of people waiting to check in while he was taking phone reservations (not his fault). When I asked for what I needed he sighed and seemed very annoyed. I understand it can be hard to be patient while busy but maybe the hotel could staff more then one person on a busy Friday night.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Aaron E
Marsha F, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Poor service is inexcusable! Please try us again because we would LOVE to have you back....
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We had a difficult time navigating the side roads during rush hour to get to the hotel. The staff checked us in. The room was clean and quiet with a good night's sleep (comfortable beds), but the hotel had a much more detached atmosphere than others we have stayed at. It was next to a mall, which is why we picked that hotel, but next time, I probably would find another for the price that is easier to get to. If you are simply looking for a quick one time stay, this isn't a bad place. Just make sure you use your smart phone to be able to get there!

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
What can we do for you to be "Better than Expected"? Please call me...
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hotel is so conveniently located. Very clean and had no major issues. The pool was a bit over chlorinated. I didn't go swimming, was just in there watching my husband and kids. After being in there for 10 minutes, my eyes were burning so bad. Had to leave to get some relief. Woke up in the morning and found a blonde straight hair on the sheets ( I have black hair, my daughter had curly brown hair, and my boys and husband are completely shaved-EWWW). Went to breakfast and the room was poorly set up, so you were constantly in someones way, even when sitting down.
Other than those hiccups, it was a great stay. We had requested to have the rooms we booked close together and they put us right next door! The staff really seemed to like their job and were very helpful whenever we saw them. We will definitely be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your terrific comments! Please DO come stay with us again!
Garden City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

The worst service I've ever received from any hotel. Refused to switch us to a cleaned room upon check in and made us wait almost as hour. Refused to fix plugged sink after 9 pm or find another room. We had to use the bathtub for a sink until the second day. Breakfast buffet was out of food for long intervals. Staff overall was not friendly or accomodating. Facility is clean but service is very poor.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Marsha F, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
My goodness! This is not our usual standard of service. Please contact me so I can make this right for you. We do value your business!
Omaha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Reservation was made and accepted but when I went to check in there were no rooms available. They did find a room for us eventually. A standard and a roll away bed. Not what I was expecting and paid for.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Marsha F, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Please contact me directly so we can discuss this further