“very good stay ...nice breakfast and complementary cookies”

Aksarben Suites Omaha
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Recently stayed at this DoubleTree when in Omaha on business. DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Omaha
7270 Cedar St, Omaha, NE
(402) 397-5141. The room suites are very spacious and comfortable good for more than 2 people also excellent for couple.... honeymoon special LOL

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious suites and also thank you for mentioning our nice breakfast and, of course, the wonderful Doubletree cookies. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Omaha and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

could be stellar or less than satisfying depending on whats going on at the hotel that day or weekend. A lot of sports teams were staying and it was crowded and loud. near as i could tell security only came to my room after my kids when we were leaving and they were standing near the courtyard, guess they were the only ones the could catch. I did not stay overnight, we chose to leave instead.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I thank you for choosing the Doubletree Suites by Hilton Omaha and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I do apologize that you experienced a loud hotel and we have taken steps to ensure this situation does not occur again. I would very much enjoy the opportunity to speak to you and work on a solution to make this right. At your convenience, please contact me directly at 402-255-9156 and I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Recently stayed at this DoubleTree when in Omaha on business. This hotel is on 72nd Street near Nebraksa Furniture Mart. This is an older property but appears to have been recently updated. The 2 room suites are very spacious and comfortable. This hotel has a center atrium with rooms surrounding it. This type of design results in additional noise in the rooms. It's not a big deal, just be aware of it. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The front desk provided us with an excellent recommendation for dinner. The Drover Steakhouse is within walking distance and is excellent. I would stay here again when in Omaha.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed our comfortable and spacious suites and also thank you for mentioning our friendly and helpful staff. I hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip to Omaha and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I always stay at Hilton properties when I am travelling. I tried three different Hilton properties in Omaha before setting the Doubletree as my permanent place week after week. It is a peaceful location with quiet surroundings and dozens of great places to eat within a couple of miles. The staff is amazing here. I always feel at home when I return Sunday night at this place. David Henderson, the GM of this property stays onsite 24x7 and makes sure everything is right with guests. I see him in the gym and at front desk always talking to the guests. All the front desk associates are very cordial. One thing I would recommend is a bigger workout area though!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

Ravi,

Thank you very much for your loyalty and the kind words about our excellent service on TripAdvisor. We always look forward to your stay with us each week and it has been a pleasure to get to know you during your stays. As always, if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

When staying in Omaha, we always stay at this hotel for the space. The kids have their "room" and we have ours. You are actually getting two rooms for one. With two TV's everyone is happy! This trip we only stayed one night, but usually stay two. We have ordered room service before (the kids love this) and the food was good and the service was good too. The cookies are delicious!!

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to review your experiences while staying with us on TripAdvisor. I also thank you for mentioning our spacious rooms and glad that the size of the room is perfect for your family. Again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed 12 February 2013

In town on business I needed a Hilton property close to the college for an event I was attending. This DoubleTree was extremely close to the campus and was the primary reason for booking. Overall the hotel was nice, room rate was more than fair. The hotel did show some signs of age but nothing I would consider dingy or sub-par, just an architectural style that belied its age. Condition of the room was fine and being a Double Tree, it was setup in the standard "extended stay" style with small kitchen and separate living area. More than any downsides, there were oddities. My room for example, had the stereotypical 1970's yellow-ish color refrigerator, which worked fine, so no harm, no foul. Oddly though even though there was a full compliment of cabinets and drawers, there were absolutely no dishes or silverware. Thinking this may have been a fluke in my room, I checked with a business associate and that person had the same issue. May seem like a small thing but it undercuts any added value the kitchenette provides.

Took advantage of the breakfast in the lobby/atrium. While the food was good, it was substantially overpriced for what you get, essentially the same buffet style breakfast I have had at Homewood Suites for free.

All in all the pricing was adequate and the staff were nice, but the biggest appeal was the location with is admittedly very subjective.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to complete a review of your experiences on TripAdvisor. I do agree that we are ideally located in Omaha and thank you for mentioning the nice staff and our reasonable rates. Although we do not provide plates and silverware in the room, our food and beverage team is more than willing to bring these supplies to you upon request. I am glad that, overall, you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the valuable comments and we hope that you will choose our hotel again the next time you are in the Omaha area.

Reviewed 8 February 2013

I drove over 600 miles to attend a funeral. I wanted to stay at the Hilton DT because I know the brand and usually not disappointed. This time DT fell short of expectations. I was surprised that DT would not offer any late check in or bereavement rate. Instead of staying 2 nights, only stayed 1.The room service food was not worth eating. $50 for a steak dinner that simply awful, it appeared and tasted like leftovers. The hot tub was not hot. The air in the room was not working properly. For $124.night I do expect more.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
David H, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2013

I wanted to thank you personally for recently staying with us, and for taking the time to complete the Hilton online survery as well as a review on TripAdvisor. Comments from our guests are valuable to me and my team as they help us identify ways to better our services and amenities. I was disappointed to read that we did not meet your expectations and assure you that what you experienced is not the norm for our hotel. I would enjoy the opportunity to make this up to you and kindly request that you contact me directly at david.henderson2@hilton.com at your convenience so that we may work on a resolution to these issues to your satisfaction. Again, thank you for staying with us and for your valuable comments and I look forward to speaking with you.