“NEW Management”

Aksarben Suites Omaha
Ranked #51 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The Staff at this hotel is fabulous under the new management. They are very much a part of your travel experience by taking care of your every need, with a smile on their face. The make your own omlettes at the restaurant were wonderful and the cook was an artist.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 9 December 2013

Thanks for staying with us and taking time to fill out this review. Your comments will be given to my operations team right away! We are excited to share that we are in the process of preparing for a new renovation that you will see in 2014!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

I cannot stress enough that this hotel is & has been just amazing; the staff is even more so. Our last visit was no different. We had a very enjoyable stay!

The service at this hotel has been spectacular, from the housekeeping to the restaurant (an amazing server Shelly in particular; we will keep coming back as long as she is still there!), to the check-in, right to the manager/owner (Mike Costello is & was fantastic, as was his manager Dan (?)... sorry, I'm not certain of names nor positions). Just to say...the rooms are quite comfortable, & I love having a fitness center, pool (the fam loves the hot tub too :-), reliable internet and fabulous breakfasts available.

We come to Omaha often as does my extended family, and we all choose to stay here (w/ honestly no troubles or issues; I don't understand those who have had (?) but would encourage them to try again). We've already planned & made reservations for our next visit to this "home away from home".

Room Tip: If something isn't right, just ask them. In our experiences, if/when such was necessary, they w...

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is truly a home away from home. We've stayed here before, & have had once again the best of experiences. The hotel is terrific, with the staff & service being even more so (in particular the restaurant (Shelly!) and the owner (Mike C.!)... they could not have been better (!)). It is quiet, very clean & comfortable, a great value (2 rooms!) and again, honestly has amazing service. This hotel truly provides me (and all my extended family around the country) a home away from home while traveling.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the DoubleTree. The room, staff, gym, pool and spa were outstanding. I was stressed out from having my mother in the hospital but coming into my beautiful hotel room and swimming in the clean warm pool and hot tub was wonderful. Lisa does a fabulous job keeping the pools spotless and warm. The staff is friendly and kind. I love the warm cookie everyday and I loved how clean the room was. Great place and I look forward to coming again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Reviewed 25 November 2013

The bed was uncomfortable. the toliet was broken and my room was not cleaned after the first night. The staff was somewhat friendly but not very attentive. i have been staying at this hotel for the last 2 years. There has been a steady decline in the quality of this hotel over the last 6-9 months. As a diamond Hilton Honors member, i would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet. Poor internet and lack of ordering knowledge preparation for the Breakfast buffet.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

I am sorry to here about your experience. Unfortunately there was a phone line cut in a construction site up the street. Please let me know when you return and I will make sure your stay is a great one.

Reviewed 14 November 2013

The staff was very accommodating on our last visit. They were personable and friendly and made great recommendations for dinner in town. The assistant night manager took time away from his busy schedule to come talk to us personally. Their convenient shuttle took us to Dundee for food and fun. They even arranged for a special breakfast casserole that we were craving.

Room Tip: Utilize the pool, it was very quiet and relaxing Sunday afternoon.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013