“OK Stay”

Ranked #42 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, United States
“OK Stay”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

The room itself was great. I love the suite and the full size refrigerator. I was not impressed that there were no light bulbs in two of the lights and thee were issues in the bathroom as well. Standing water that took a while to empty after a shower and the toilet pressure was sometimes strong and sometimes not so strong. The absence of a free breakfast was a turn off as well and the price for breakfast at 13+ dollars was not attractive. The ice machines are very inconveniently located depending where you are and the on one on my floor was broken so I had to go up 2 flights to get ice. The hotel itself is beautiful and outside of these inconveniences I would reccommend staying - but there may be some itmes you don't expect.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thanks for staying with us and taking time to fill out this review. We know your time is valuable and we appreciate your comments. I will be given to my operations team right away! We hope to see you return in the near future! Safe Travels!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Nemaha, United States
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We experienced the staff at night was not friendly at all and was not helpful at all. Definitely will not be staying at this hotel again. Also our room was non smoking but smelled badly of smoke. The hotel was busy with a wedding and we were wanting to go out and the workers during the day were helpful getting us where we wanted to go and were willing to call a taxi but at night they would not even suggest a place to go or even a direction to go to find something to do. We were there for a long weekend away and definitely will choose a different hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for the condition of your guest suite. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you if your travels bring you back to the area.

Travellers are raving about these Omaha hotels

Gilbert, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stay at this hotel a couple of times each year when I come to Omaha for business. It is in a great location, it is clean, the staff is friendly and the amenities are nice. If you are planning a trip to Omaha and need a hotel you will not be disappointed if you choose to stay here.

Sioux Falls, United States
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Interior of hotel was ok. Surrounding area was a little rough, but was close to a lot of locations. Hotel food was terrible. Hotel staff were great and very friendly. Left item in hotel room and have called Housekeeping numerous times with no return call.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Sioux Falls, SD
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When I checked in, there was a bit of a wait. I watched the people ahead of me get free cookies, yet one was not offered to me. I found that strange and inconsistent, even though I was ok with it since I try not to eat cookies :) My room seemed clean, one remote control did not work, so had to take the one from the front room to use in the bedroom area. The cupboards and couches need updating, seemed to be from the late 70's. When I woke up in the morning, there was no receipt slipped under my door as I come to expect from hotel stays. I had to stop by the front desk and inquire about it. I was told that they are emailing receipts now, which is wonderful, love being green. But, why was my email address not asked for when I checked in?? I gave the gentleman my email and left for home. No email receipt ever arrived, so I had to call the next day and request one again.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Had to get three separate keys made on check-in. My initial room, the one that was labeled on my card sleeve, got to the room and the key did not work. Walked back downstairs and was rekeyed only to be given access to a room with someone already in it! I walked in to a backpack and pants hanging from an ironing board. Immediately walked back downstairs to get another room and found that my room was on a different floor.
My room was a little dated, but overall was clean with plenty of space. I did not get waters each morning :( which i usually do as status customer, nor was I on an Honors floor.
Breakfast was good, had eggs and bacon and the staff in the restaurant were extremely friendly with attentive service also. I had a few after dinner drinks at the hotel bar one night and the staff there was also extremely friendly and quick.

North Potomac, United States
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at this Doubletree the week of 19 May. One the better Doubletree properties I have stayed at all around the country. There is a beautiful atrium that is large and welcoming. The room was very spacious and very quiet. There is a large balcony which is very unusual for a hotel. The locaiton is outside of downtown but is promximate to I-80 and close to a couple of nice restaurants like Spezies. The pool is really nice and the common areas lend themselves to gatherings of all types. Although I was a business traveler with the atmosphere and space I would take my family there for sure.

1 Thank Steve C