“Enjoyable stay”

Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Boerne, Texas
“Enjoyable stay”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

The initial problem I had was my misunderstanding of "2 room suite" because I thought it meant 4 double beds in two rooms, but I was wrong. Luckily the adjoining room was available and the staff were so helpful about it. If you are in a hurry, don't eat breakfast there because it's too slow.

Stayed July 2014
Michael K, General Manager at Aksarben Suites Omaha, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thanks for selecting us. I hope to see you the next time you are in Omaha!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
St Louis, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Scott and Andy made a great effort to earn my business. Between the manager's reception and breakfast cards and outstanding dinner I enjoyed my stay and will consider them first on my future visits to Omaha. It's nice to see folks still interested in earing their business!! Thank you

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeffrey L
We do pride ourselves in great service! I hope to see you back soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I used my Hilton miles to book this hotel. I received an email from the hotel asking for tips on how to make my stay even better before I arrived. Nice touch Hilton! I asked for what I needed, a quiet room for a good nights rest and a view of the city if possible. We did get the nice quiet room but on the North side of the building, turns out a city view would cost more points or money. I miss the days of hotels putting you in rooms they have because they are empty and not charging more for them.
BTW the North view afforded an excellent opportunity to see the sunrise! Sometimes not getting what you want is a perfect outcome!

Room Tip: Northside offers a view of the sunrise
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thanks for your note. We appreciate your business! We hope to see you back in Omaha soon!
Reviewed 4 August 2014

As other have noted, this is a converted Embassy Suites. I grew up in Omaha and knew it once as a Granda Royale property when it was built. Given its age, it represents a good value. I recall paying $113/night plus tax on a AAA rate; as a Hilton Honors members, I was given free breakfast tickets and floors #3 and #4 are reserved HH guests (a touch I'd not seen at other Hilton properties before). Breakfast was the usual buffet (nothing speactacular but above a HI Express or Hampton Inn offering with a chef to make omelettes and eggs to order. Table service on Morning #1 was awful, but much better on Morning #2.

The room itself was large and clean 1 BR with two Q beds. TVs in both sitting area and BR, thpugh the suite was missing a TV remote which should have been caught by housekeeping. Full size fridge which would be nice for a traveling family.

There is a new Doubletree under construction 1-2 miles south at the exit 72nd & I-80; I'd wager that this property has not been remodeled lately so it can be flipped to a new owner/operator.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors members get free wifi and their own floors--and a free breakfast.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thanks for staying with us and sending out this comment. We hope to see you soon in Omaha!
Nashville, United States
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The staff almost makes up for the crappy old décor of this hotel. Hilton should have waited on the remodel before they put their name on this hotel. It was like a time machine to the 1970's. The broke down gold crushed velvet couch was the highlight of my trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We apprieciate your comments. Please look out for our renovation coming soon!
Wapakoneta, Ohio
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

If you are a member of HiltonHonors, you'll recognize this hotel as an Embassy Suites that's been converted to a Doubletree. We had a full size fridge in our kitchen area which was nice, and the kids enjoyed the indoor pool.
One thing that I noticed about this hotel that I even mentioned to my wife to see if she noticed, was how polite and courteous the entire staff was. It didn't matter if it was a maintenance man, a waitress or a housekeeper, they went out of their way to acknowledge you, smile and be as friendly as possible. It's like they all thought they were working at Disney World. And I mean that in a positive way. Usually you only see that level of courtesy in a 5 star resort. It was fantastic to see such courteous employees in downtown Omaha. We will stay here again next time in Omaha.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for staying with us. I hope to see you back in the near future.
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our room was big, clean, and comfortable. The beds were great! Wonderful having 2 TV's for viewing different programs. Dissappointed by the overcrowding of the pool last Saturday evening. Appeared to be a whole group of pre teens rough housing and causing problems for guests to enjoy the pool. Also, there were several vehicles broken into that evening in the parking lot. Not sure what was going on that evening but it made me slightly unsure about the location. I did like the ease of getting to the farmers market on Sunday and to the Zoo and Oldtown area. Staff was wonderful and accommodating helping with locating restaurants that deliver. Easy to find restaurants and shopping locations. The breakfast was overpriced for what I ate. Would not do that again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a 2nd floor corner room near laundry and it was quiet, large and nice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your input. We appreciate your business. We hope to see you soon!