“Great property for longer stays”

Extended Stay America - Omaha - West
Ranked #62 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The larger rooms with the living area that includes a sofa bed, coffee table, end tables, and the more spacious dining area, make this an excellent place to stay budget friendly for longer periods. The kitchen includes a dishwasher (with detergent pack), full size fridge, microwave, and an actual oven with stove top. You rarely get both an oven and a dishwasher in extended stay type properties. I use this property regularly when visiting with my granddaughter and we love being able to do the whole cookie baking thing here. Also handy for pizza. There is adequate dinnerware and limited cookware. The bathrooms are stocked with plenty of towels, with extras stored in the vanity.

I notice that other reviews for this property have complained about the service. Funny, because I have always really enjoyed working with the staff at this property. I've stayed there numerous times and have never been treated rudely at all. In fact, I know the staff have gone above and beyond for me many times. The lobby has lock boxes for late arrival keys. There are always free Omaha newspapers and visitor magazines. The grab and go breakfast that is standard at these properties is well maintained and restocked. Nice seating area in lobby for visiting or waiting for others.

Parking is plentiful and generally it is easy to park an oversize vehicle or trailer even when arriving late. Laundry room available. Exercise room available 24/7. Enclosed outdoor patio area with grills. Elevator access.

Room Tip: The next level up from the base standard room is worth the upcharge. Having a sofa area rather than...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for posting such a positive and thoughtful review. It's great to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and enjoyed the amenities we have to offer. We are so glad that you were able to spend some quality "cookie" time with your granddaughter.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My husband and I booked a room at this hotel for one night on our way to Colorado. When we got there everything was fine. They gave us our keys and we went up to the room. When we walked in it was a disaster. There was garbage everywhere, dirty towels on the floor, and the bed was a mess. It was clear that nobody had touched the room since the last guest stayed there. We told the guy at the lobby and he was COMPLETELY unhelpful. He offered nothing. I understand that there were no rooms, but nobody offered to clean it or anything. My husband was exhausted and was set on staying there so he asked for clean sheets at least. The guy handed him one sheet. He didn't even offer to change them for us. There were two people working. One of them could have left the desk to help out. We then asked for a discount and he wouldn't even give us that. We finally found another place to stay. I will NEVER stay at another one of these hotels again.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elyse C
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I booked a 2 queens, 2 bothrooms suites. They give my room to a extended stay customer and they asked me to shift in a smaller room. It took me 45 minutes to convince them that my family can't fit in small room and then they gave me 2 small rooms with same price.
smoking smell in imbedded in all corridors and lobby. Hotel furniture and carpets are like 100 years old.
Hotel staff (other than check in people) are very friendly. Make sure to bring you own shampoo, hotel only provides soaps in the bathrooms. I think I am not staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Nastiest conditions with the least helpful people I've ever experienced at an Extended Stay!

When we checked in there was hair in the bathroom waste basket like someone had trimmed their hair and the cleaning people couldn't be bothered to change the plastic liner in the waste basket. The overall cleanliness was suspect and I'm sure someone could do a better job cleaning in between guests.

More than once I tried to find someone and the office was locked, supposedly helping other customers.

The internet connection is throttled back but you can pay for higher speeds!

We paid cash for a week in advance and when we checked out early the staff "proudly" told us that we would wait 7 to 10 business days for ESA to mail us a check! Really? Very uncooperative staff when it comes to checking out.

I've stayed at other Extended Stay properties and pretty much accepted the fact that they're blue collar construction worker hotels for extended out of town work but I've never seen one so dirty and the staff so proud to not do anything for you.

Oh yeah, I've read a few other reviews that comment on the cleanliness and ESA responded with "they will do better". Apparently not.................

No more Extended Stay America for me!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

John – Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. I am sincerely sorry that the cleanliness and overall condition of your room did not meet your expectations. I will be meeting with our housekeeping staff to make sure these issues are properly addressed. As well, I am sorry to hear that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. Customer service is a top priority of ours, so I am disheartened to hear that we did not meet this goal. Please accept our apologies for your unsatisfactory experience. We hope to have an opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Much nicer than other extended stays we have stayed at - only stayed one night. The grab and go breakfast had much to chose from and the guest bag we received upon check in was a nice welcome as my husband forgot his toothbrush. (Bag included along with a package of popcorn :)

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 23 December 2013

I booked myself into this hotel because it is next door to the retirement center my Mom lives at. The weekly rate was really good, the staff is very nice, but the rooms are dated, and the beds are uncomfortable.

The most disappointing was the kitchen. I like to cook, so I thought I'd whip up a Christmas dinner for Mom and Sis. There's basically no kitchen equipment, other than what looks like various other guests have left. The range is the most bottom-of-the line they could find, with a vary sketchy oven, and the equally cheap refrigerator, for as loud and as constantly running as it was, was too warm to safely store perishables. So the first turkey I bought ($23) had to be tossed, and now I have to scramble to find another fresh one for Christmas Day - plus stock the kitchen.

Bottom line: it's an ok place, as long as you don't count on any of the amenities, and you aren't into glamor. But if they want to compete with Residence Inn - which I'm assuming they do - they need to follow through: better furnishing, better kitchens, and some actual kitchen equipment. They've got a great location. Pry open that wallet a bit, folks.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2013

This was as of day 7 of an 18+ day stay. Rooms are very old, dirty, outdated. I dropped something behind the dresser and was absolutely disgusted by the absolute filth behind it. The wireless internet was extremely slow, channel selection was very limited. First 3 days (3rd week of Nov) they had a Heating issue, whole hotel was extremely warm. Trash management system is broken; trash is stack up in collection points. Grounds not maintained, pot holes in parking lot, broken beer bottles also, leaves not controlled not sure what was under them while walking, which is a safety and health hazard.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Omaha - West, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Michael - Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. I am very sorry that your room and our hotel overall did not meet your expectations. In response, I am working with our staff to improve all of our offerings including our level of cleanliness throughout the hotel and the free Wi-Fi connection.

I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at omh@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to correct any issues you currently have and provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.