“Decent hotel for business trip”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #55 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was booked by my company for a business trip. The hotel was clean and inviting. The room was clean and spacious. Microwave and small fridge in the room were a nice, unexpected convenience. Free hot breakfast had enough variety to cater to many tastes. All front desk associates were very courteous and helpful with all of our needs!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is an OK place but not great. The location is not ideal, but we stayed in Omaha for the Buffett Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Conference, and there were very few rooms available in the area. The Holiday Inn name has usually been reliable, but this one is not one of the best. The room was marginal from a cleanliness and furnishing condition aspect. On Sunday, our room was never cleaned and we were not contacted as to our desires. The front desk people were very friendly and the breakfast room experience was ok.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Dear James P,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that your breakfast experience was good.

I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected due to your room condition and with the housekeeping service. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience these may have caused you. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Thank you again for staying with us we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Omaha.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here for a family weekend to Omaha. Why is that I cannot find a really nice hotel in this city? This HI Express was not terrible, but was much more run down than most HI Expresses that I stay at. At $110 it was not worth the price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Salesguy3308,

Thank you for staying and taking time to share your review with us. It is unfortunate to read that you were not fully satisfied with our hotel, particularly with the upkeep of our facility. We value all your feedback, whether negative or positive, for this will help us target specific concerns and make the appropriate upgrades towards improving our service.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the chance to give you a better hotel experience in the future.

Faith R

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our latest trip to Omaha for two nights. As we have stayed at many HI Express hotels, we knew what to expect. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. A couple of things that we noticed were different from other HI Express we've stayed at. First, the rooms were much smaller. I would guess that this hotel used to be another hotel and was converted to an HI Express at a later date. Second, the bed and pillows were not has high a quality as compared to other HI Express hotels we've stayed at.. My pillows were extremely lumpy and I even went to the front desk and got another one but it was lumpy too. Lastly, we had an issue with extremely loud guests coming in at all hours of the night. I realize there isn't a lot the hotel can do about this, but they could remind the guests who come in late at night not to slam doors. You can hear them very clearly throughout the hotel. Overall, this is an OK place to stay. If you are on this side of town and will only be there for a night or two, this place would be fine. Like I said above, the staff was extremely friendly, even the maintenance man smiled and said hello when we saw him. The lady who put out the breakfast each morning, Alma, was so nice and helpful. She really went the extra mile to make sure everyone had everything they needed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christy I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Dear Christy I,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to read your kind comments for our staff and we truly appreciate the high scores for Cleanliness, Service, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Customer service at this location is the worst I have ever seen. They were either texting or talking to each other while I was clearly standing there waiting to check in! I finally checked in and later went downstairs to ask something and Mary was very rude. Acted like It was such a hassle to do anything for me. She let out a big sigh and then continued to walk away. She came back with what I needed and said HERE! Is this acceptable practice of Holiday Inn to have people like this working for you?!?
For the hotel itself, it is very outdated and the halls smell like a litter box to me. This location needs some work especially on their customer service!

Regards,
Unsatisfied customer

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
goodnight47, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so sorry that myself and my staff did not live up to your expectations.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I travel a lot. I would like to thank the 3 girls at the front desk they were all very friendly you don't always get an entire staff that are all smiling and saying hello how was your day . They actually looked like they were waiting for an answer. I think I know why they r all that way.There is a little office right by the desk , I thought it was the business center . Everytime I walked by a bald man would be sitting there working on something he would look up and say hello and smile. I thought it was guest. It wasn't until my toilet over flowed because of my daughter that I found out he wasone of the management staff. He came upstairs and fixed my toilet with a smile and his suit and tie on. Gave us great food suggestions and smiled as he left. He is a great example for the girls at the desk. They smile because he is there example. Thank you Jennifer and all the staff for making us fill welcomed

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Staff was amazing. Very friendly & efficient. Made the stay incredible like staying with friends. Better hospitality and rooms than the other hotels in area. Better prices as well. Will recommend to friends and colleagues. Great pool/hot tub and workout facilities. Perfectly located for great access to I80 and I680. Plenty of restaurants in the area. Again loved the Staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Marie L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Super 8 Omaha West L ST NE
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
New Victorian Inn & Suites
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!