“Never again”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #58 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
“Never again”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

My partner and I found this hotel online and the reviews were more poaitive than negative. I knew I should have checkes TripAdvisor before booking. Learned that lesson.

At first it waa nice. The beds are comfortable and rooms clean. Until we found a beetle of some sort in our room on the third floor. No big deal just kill it right? It was in the indoor pool area that we really started to feel uncomfortable. The clerks looked the other when it came to alcohol being in public places. My partner and I do not drink. We were forced out of the hot tub when more guests piled in with alcohol and proceeded to brimf bottles of it in. Later in the evening around 11:30 the clerk stood around with non guests drinking on the job. Ibrun my own company so maybe my standards are high but this came ofd to us both as unprofessional. We complained to the manager about it and of course the clerk lied about not drinking and it is obvious she was.

The next evening the guesta returned and were now actual guests of the hotel. We apexifixally heard the comment that "someome squealed" on the clerk so they couldn't drink in the lobby. It was definitely unpleasant and we will NOT be staying here again. Ever.

The breakfast waa good though!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear aryding87,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. It is truly regrettable that your overall experience was less than satisfactory. Please be assured that your concerns will be further looked into. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I hope to hear back from you soon.

Faith R
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Decent hotel but internet is very bad, could not get VPN to work or even surf, not good. Cell reception is bad too. Management knows but have done nothing. Rooms a bit run down and couch stained. Bed was good as well as staff.

Room Tip: If you need good communications with the outside don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Jim H,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our property. I am glad to know that you found our staff commendable. On the other hand, I am very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the Internet service and room condition may have caused you.

I would love the opportunity to regain your faith and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional details regarding your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

John O
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Omaha hotels

Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel was booked by my company for a business trip. The hotel was clean and inviting. The room was clean and spacious. Microwave and small fridge in the room were a nice, unexpected convenience. Free hot breakfast had enough variety to cater to many tastes. All front desk associates were very courteous and helpful with all of our needs!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Lakewood, Washington
Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is an OK place but not great. The location is not ideal, but we stayed in Omaha for the Buffett Berkshire Hathaway Shareholder Conference, and there were very few rooms available in the area. The Holiday Inn name has usually been reliable, but this one is not one of the best. The room was marginal from a cleanliness and furnishing condition aspect. On Sunday, our room was never cleaned and we were not contacted as to our desires. The front desk people were very friendly and the breakfast room experience was ok.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear James P,

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you found our staff friendly and that your breakfast experience was good.

I am sorry that your stay was negatively affected due to your room condition and with the housekeeping service. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience these may have caused you. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Thank you again for staying with us we hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Omaha.

Best Regards,

John O
Hull, Iowa
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stayed here for a family weekend to Omaha. Why is that I cannot find a really nice hotel in this city? This HI Express was not terrible, but was much more run down than most HI Expresses that I stay at. At $110 it was not worth the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Salesguy3308,

Thank you for staying and taking time to share your review with us. It is unfortunate to read that you were not fully satisfied with our hotel, particularly with the upkeep of our facility. We value all your feedback, whether negative or positive, for this will help us target specific concerns and make the appropriate upgrades towards improving our service.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope we have the chance to give you a better hotel experience in the future.

Faith R
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our latest trip to Omaha for two nights. As we have stayed at many HI Express hotels, we knew what to expect. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. A couple of things that we noticed were different from other HI Express we've stayed at. First, the rooms were much smaller. I would guess that this hotel used to be another hotel and was converted to an HI Express at a later date. Second, the bed and pillows were not has high a quality as compared to other HI Express hotels we've stayed at.. My pillows were extremely lumpy and I even went to the front desk and got another one but it was lumpy too. Lastly, we had an issue with extremely loud guests coming in at all hours of the night. I realize there isn't a lot the hotel can do about this, but they could remind the guests who come in late at night not to slam doors. You can hear them very clearly throughout the hotel. Overall, this is an OK place to stay. If you are on this side of town and will only be there for a night or two, this place would be fine. Like I said above, the staff was extremely friendly, even the maintenance man smiled and said hello when we saw him. The lady who put out the breakfast each morning, Alma, was so nice and helpful. She really went the extra mile to make sure everyone had everything they needed.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christy I
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Dear Christy I,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the accommodations you received prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were pleased to read your kind comments for our staff and we truly appreciate the high scores for Cleanliness, Service, and Value. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Customer service at this location is the worst I have ever seen. They were either texting or talking to each other while I was clearly standing there waiting to check in! I finally checked in and later went downstairs to ask something and Mary was very rude. Acted like It was such a hassle to do anything for me. She let out a big sigh and then continued to walk away. She came back with what I needed and said HERE! Is this acceptable practice of Holiday Inn to have people like this working for you?!?
For the hotel itself, it is very outdated and the halls smell like a litter box to me. This location needs some work especially on their customer service!

Regards,
Unsatisfied customer

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
goodnight47, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay. I am so sorry that myself and my staff did not live up to your expectations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Comfort Suites
Super 8 Omaha West L ST NE
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites West Omaha

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!