Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street
Good 3.5/5
Omaha Marriott(Omaha)
Good 3.5/5
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsmethodist hospitalthe breakfast areahotel chainhotel is cleanfront desk staffbeds were comfortablewould stay here againhot breakfasta great stayking bedfree breakfastsurgerymaintenanceinnsbaseball
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

The first thing I will say about the hotel is it is very loud. Bring ear plugs or something to drown out the noise should you choose to stay here. Also, there was some issue with water throughout the lobby, but I never could figure out what happened. Still, the hotel was sold out when we stayed, and there were children everywhere. The free breakfast was also good. You are probably getting what you pay for here, so if you are looking for some place cheap, this might be the stop. If you are looking for a nicer stay, keep searching.

• Stayed: August 2013
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am always very appreciative of our guests' feedback so we can improve.

I am very sorry for the issues you experienced while staying here. Could you please contact me at your convenience so I can speak with you about the problems you experienced?

Again, thank you for reviewing our property and providing me insight on the issues you encountered.

402.343.1000
sales.hiexpressomaha@gmail.com

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I was very impressed with the hotel, had a two bed suite with couch which was very roomy and very clean, had different firmness of pillows on bed, and bed was very comfortable for being away from home. Pool/hot tub seemed nice but didn't get to use. Breakfast was good, changed up every day, nice addition to your stay. Had an issue when I booked the room online and they took care of it at hotel. I would highly recommend this Hotel great price and nice stay. Has Billy Frogs bar/grill out front and attendant told me they give a 10% discount if you show your card, I was not able to use this. Yes it is a bit tricky to get into if you are not on the right side of the road, but not a big issue. I agree on the TV, pretty poky to turn on or change channels. I also did not have any wash cloths in my room...very odd...I called down so they would bring some up the next day. Next day came and no wash cloths, I had to go down and get them from the front desk...what is up with no wash cloths in the rooms...I was on the 5th floor and Ice machine started working when I left on Friday...probably for the weekend rush. Overall I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Buzter,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our breakfast and room. I apologize for the issues with your reservation, however, I was happy to hear that my Front Desk staff took care of the problem. I want to also apologize about the problems with wash clothes and TV. Last week, we did get a box of wash clothes, so we will not be short anymore. We also have new HDTV's on order. Once we receive those, we will immediately install them so future guests won't experience the same issues. Again, thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I stay frequently at Holiday Inn Express's and I think this is the only one I have stayed in that I wish I stayed somewhere else. The property is in a busy location that is hard to get in and out of due to the major street and to get to the property you have to navigate through one-way streets to get in the right direction to enter in the one driveway. The staff seems unhappy and not as friendly. When we arrived we were told that we would have to change the type of room we had due to an unexpected stay over from the previous guest. We understood the circumstances but they wanted to put 4 adult in a room with a king bed and sofa pull-out. When I objected to the pull-out the person got the manager on-duty. He was a little testy with me, I did not appreciate the attitude. He did find us a room with 2 queen beds. The hotel lobby was noisy and full of people who I gather from the shirts they were wearing were in town for a family reunion which was great but, no one else at the hotel could even get into the area. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The ice machine on our floor was not working. The TV takes about 5 minutes to warm up and about 2 minutes to change channels. For the most part it was quiet. Some of the family reunion was on our floor and had noisy children in the hall but not after 9 pm. The breakfast area was mediocre food and once again, full, spilling out into the lobby with this family reunion. Very noisy. The jaccuzzi didn't work, and the pool was full of young children most of the time. The laundry room only has 2 washers and dryers there is competition for the machines.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jo Ann R
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our property. We always welcome feedback good and bad. We are always open to suggestions. I am sorry that you did not find our location convenient. I am also disappointed that you didn't think our staff was friendly. I apologize that I appeared to have an "attitude" with you. I was under the impression that you were happy you received the room type you originally wanted (double queen) with a significant rate reduction. I will definitely change my approach when interacting with future guests. All of our public areas are for all guests. The family reunion was OK with this and they did welcome other guests into the areas. I am sorry you were not able to enjoy those areas.We did get our ice machine fixed. We are also in the process of installing new HDTV's in our rooms. This will eliminate the long "warm up" time of the TV's in the rooms now. The Jacuzzi didn't work because someone pushed the "emergency stop" button. When this happens, there is a 24 hour recycle time before the jets will work again.

I hope I was able to answer some of your concerns your family experienced while staying here. Thank you again for reviewing our hotel.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Our two night day at this property was way below what we come to expect at HIE. For some background this HIE converted from the Comfort Inn chain so it is not a built from the ground up HIE. Check in was reasonable, but not a strong welcoming greeting. My wife and I checked in, the clerk was dressed more for maintenance that front desk, asked if he could offer us a bottle of water. We assumed that meant a bottle for each of us but apparently a bottle of water is just that, only one. Our reservation was for a "king leisure" room which generally is larger than the "king standard". We were in room 419 at the end of the hall. Granted it was clean but talk about small and dark! I had to ask the clerk again is this was a leisure and not a standard and was advised it was. Here are some of the low points: no wash cloths in the room either day (towels yes, wash cloths no), a tile floor that looked clean but seemed sticky when wearing slippers, a slow tub drain, and a TV remote (the "clean" TV remote) that worked only if you aimed it at the right spot. The ice machine was out on our floor. The table clock in the room was set incorrectly. I have to come back to how dark and small this room was. Three lamps and you had to wait for the ceiling fixture to brighten up to use the 2nd sink. Also, the bathroom door opened into the room, not into the bath. Awkward. The room's only chair was an ergonomic work chair, no room chair of sofa. Some hall noise but only in the morning. Breakfast even on the weekend only went until 9:30 so we didn't try it..
The good? The common area were clean and far brighter than the room, The bed was comfortable, The pool area was nice and it was pretty easy to hook up wifi, even on an IPod Touch.
Even when leaving the front desk did not ask how our stay was. You'll never convince me this was a king leisure room. We might try it again for location but certainly not in room 419.
All in all very disappointing

Room Tip: 419 was an end of hall room. I assume 219, 319, 519, etc are also, They are really small. Stay away from them.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review of our property. Reviews good and bad assist us in providing a great experience.

While I am disappointed that you didn't find our hotel to be up to your standards, I did want to hit on a few points:

1.) The Front Desk Agent that checked you in is a very valuable asset to our hotel as he assists in maintenance as well as the front desk. He saw that you were checking in and didn't want to keep you waiting. He wanted to provide you a quick and efficient check in experience so you didn't have to wait.

2.) All IHG Rewards Members are entitled to 1 bottle of water at check in. If a guest requests more than one, we are always happy to accommodate that request!

3.) I apologize about the confusion with the "King Leisure" and "King Standard" rooms. They are both the same room type. Moving forward, we will streamline our communication to either "King Standard" or "King Leisure" so there is no more confusion.

4.) I am now overseeing the housekeeping department. I will ensure all rooms are stocked with the appropriate number of wash clothes.

5.) I'm guessing my room attendant used too much floor cleaner on your room. When that happens, it does get sticky. Our housekeeping supervisor will ensure this doesn't happen again.

6.) We changed the batteries for the remote in your room. It now works a lot better!

7.) All of our ice machines are now functioning.

8.) The clock in your room is now set correctly.

9.) If you want a chair or couch in your room, you can always ask for an upgrade to a suite. The cost of this runs anywhere between $10-$50/night.

10.) We are committed to preserving the environment. We are using energy efficient light bulbs in our rooms. It only takes 10-20 seconds for them to warm up the entire way.

11.) I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our public areas, pool, and wi-fi!

Again, thank you for your valuable insight. We have made the necessary corrections so another guest doesn't experience the problems you encountered. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2013

This is my second trip to Omaha, and let me tell you, this place is so nice. Yes, it's not the ritz or anything, but I feel more at home here than anywhere else. Only down is how to get into the hotel...dodge street is traffic central! Special shout out to Chris at the front, the poor guy was swamped with people calling but he was very patient and helpful with all my requests, he even brought me breakfast to my room since I had a 4am departure out of the hotel, which was ABOVE my expectations for a Holiday Inn Express. Keep up the good work! I'll see you all again soon!

Room Tip: Don't get a single queen, also if you need anything, ask guest services. They really go out of the way to ensure a great experience.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Cliff B
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! I am so humbled to hear how our hotel is a "second home" to you. I am also so proud of my staff. They do a great job of taking care of our guests. I will pass along your kind words to Chris. We are looking forward to your next stay with us!

Best,