Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street
US$192
Agoda.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsmethodist hospitalthe breakfast areahotel chainhotel is cleanfront desk staffbeds were comfortablewould stay here againhot breakfasta great stayking bedfree breakfastsurgerymaintenanceinnsbaseball
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Rooms: Sizing seemed appropriate, enough space for everything and a little more. Furnishings were cozy, albeit not ritzy. Not a thing to complain about.

Spa/Pool were good. 99% of the time they were empty, and 1% they were packed. The quality of each was good, as the water was clear, it didn't reek of too much chlorine, and the temperature was in a pretty sweet spot between warm and oh god no too hot.

Free social hour drinking on some weekdays...woulda been nice if I wasn't working until 7pm every day.

Internet: Pretty bad typically. Frequent disconnects for no reason, low signal quality, low throughput. It was probably the worst feature of the hotel and the reason for a rating of 4/5 instead of 5/5. I would have liked to skype with my girlfriend long distance more easily, but it frequently failed due to poor quality internet.

Location is very very good in terms of total distance to everything. Unfortunately I'd approach it from I-680 every day, which necessitated essentially doing a U-turn after several blocks to make a simple left turn. Hard to describe, but if you approach the hotel from the west at all you'll understand. Still, close to some major roads and highways and good amenities. If you can't stay downtown, stay here.

Staff was unfailingly courteous. Good on em. I liked interacting with them.

Bar next door was a dive. Not going to count that against the hotel though.

I was at work more than I was at the hotel, but while I was there I had few complaints. I spent about a month there, so it started to feel like home after a while.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ronald O
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2013

Dear Ron,

Thank you for taking time to leave such a detailed review of our hotel! It was a pleasure to have you as our guest for an extended period of time. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

I couldn't agree more regarding your comments about our internet. This month has been a challenge to say the least. We just stopped our contract with Ovation. Our new internet provider is excellent, however, we are still working out the bugs.

Thank you for being our guest.

All the best,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

First, I must say that I am a self-professed hotel snob. I love to stay at a Four Seasons or Penninsula. I was in Omaha and needed to be near Methodist Hospital. I choose this hotel based on the rate of other Trip Advisor users.

Positives:

- The hotel has been remodeled in the last two years.
- Rooms are large and comfortable with a small refrigerator and microwave.
- There's a large jacuzzi tub in the bathroom.
- The bed is comfortable.
- Staff was friendly and accommodating

On the downside:

- The rooms are not well lit.
- The bathroom door is on a spring so it automatically closes. I find this irritating because the light isn't good and you feel closed into a small space with bad lighting.
- The grout in the bathroom is dirty in the high traffic areas
- The grout around the tub is dirty.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MsFire42
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear MrsFire5,

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of our hotel. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Our renovations are great, however, the rooms aren't quite done yet. We are in the process of changing a few things that will address your concerns. Our bathrooms are still on our "hit list" to renovate. During the renovation, we will be replacing all of the grout. We will also be tearing down our wallpaper in the room and painting the walls with a light blue/tan color. This will make the room so much more brighter.

Your feedback is truly invaluable to me. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Make sure to stop by my office the next time you are in Omaha. I'd love to meet you!

Have a happy Thanksgiving,

402.343.1000

Reviewed 19 November 2013

I was recently in Omaha for a family event. I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for five nights and was very pleased with the experience. The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very well decorated and maintained. It was comfortable and clean. In fact, I think the housekeeping staff did an exceptional job! They were prompt and clearly attentive to detail. Very well done!!

I also enjoyed the continental breakfast. It was certainly more than I expected. The food was tasty, fresh and plentiful. The breakfast room was clean and comfortable.

Parking at this property is not a problem. There is plenty of parking, and the lot is well lit. However, on the downside, access to Dodge Street is a minor hassle. There is only one entrance to the hotel, and it is only fit for one car at a time. There is also currently quite a bit of road construction on Dodge Street and that will cause you some delay. A right turn (westbound) is the only way you can go. Not a major issue, but just a bit inconvenient if you need to head eastbound towards downtown.

In my opinion, Holiday Inn is a class organization. This Holiday Inn Express location is also a class operation. My complements to the management and staff. Recommended.

Room Tip: Request a room on the upper floors and near the back of the building. That should minimize the excessive noise on Dodge Street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Chuck M.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed staying with us for 5 nights. I am so proud of my staff and the service they provide to our guests. It was a pleasure getting to talk to you about the Santa Ana area. I can't wait to go back!

If your travels ever do bring you back to Omaha, send me a quick e-mail. I'll be sure to get you back into room 619!

Yours in Hospitality,

402.343.1000

Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed at Holiday Inn express again and once again I am not disappointed. service was excellent.TJ had everything ready to go for us. along with a late check out. Aretha was very pleasant. we love seeing her bright face. she is very hospitable. thanks again staff!
Mr. Lichtenberg

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Alison K
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Mr. Lichtenberg,

It was great having you back at the hotel! Have a very happy Thanksgiving!

Best,

T.J.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I travel to Omaha for work a few times per year and this is my second stay at this location.

I arrived close to midnight after a LONG day of travel to find that there were issues with their system and they were having difficulty assigning me a room. I was exhausted from the travel and time change and was eager to get into my room and get some rest. It took nearly 30 minutes to sort out the issue and get me into a room but TJ did a great job handling the situation. He had to physically go to each room he wanted to assign to me to see if it had been serviced and finally found one. He could not have been more apologetic and kindly discounted my room rate for the two nights even though the issue was just an unfortunate random computer glitch.

Breakfast was the pretty standard fare but I was able to find some healthy options. Gym was small but sufficient for my needs.

I will stay here again when I travel to Omaha.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am so sorry that it took you so long to get into your room. Regardless of the situation behind the delay, it is unacceptable. We have implemented changes to ensure that problems won't happen on your future stays.

Your feedback is a gift. Thank you, and I look forward to serving you in the future. Kindly call or e-mail me when you are coming back to Omaha. I would love to assign you to my best available suite.

1.402.343.1000