“Good location if traveling across hwy 80” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street

Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street
Ranked #42 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
“Good location if traveling across hwy 80”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. We found it to be clean and comfortable. No problem with noise and the free breakfast was ok. Kids enjoyed the pool. Staff was accommodating. Easy access on/off hwy 80. There are a variety of restaurants in the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nhickle
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear nhickle,

Thank you for your great review! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our pool, staff, and breakfast. I hope to be of service again when your travels bring you thru the Omaha area!

At your service,

Assistant General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dublin, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express because they allow pets. It was a very nice hotel, with updated style and a friendly person at the front desk. The side yard was perfect for exercising our two dogs. The breakfast was great and there were many food options. The pool looked really nice too. We enjoyed it!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review! We enjoyed having you and your four legged family members stay with us. Please let me know if I can assist you with future reservations.

At your service,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

This particular Holiday Inn Express is not one of the newer renovated hotels. The pool is small and was dirty -- lots of bugs floating and on the bottom. The room we were in was small. The bathroom door needed some WD40 and squeaked annoyingly loud every time the door opened. I killed a couple of spiders by the window, which was a little unsettling to me. The air-conditioning unit was loud and kicked on and off every 10 minutes or so. This is not the kind of hotel experience we've had with Holiday Inn Express. On a positive note, the breakfast was hot and the coffee was always fresh. We stayed for two days, and I wish we had looked around for other hotels. I felt it was way overpriced.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank joyce m
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Joyce,

Thank you for your review! You left some detailed feedback that I will pass on to my entire staff so we can make improvements. I wanted to expand on a few problems you mentioned.

1. Our pool has 4 doors that lead outside to a patio. Most guests enjoy propping the doors open to get some fresh air into the pool. This is great, however, some bugs and debris do tend to come thru the doors from time to time. I am having my engineering team immediately implement a new "30 minute" policy. Every 30 minutes, they will check the pool for any insects and/or debris.

2. I did find your reservation and will have engineering take care of the squeaking door.

3. Although I didn't find any evidence of spiders in the room, I still called a pest control company and will have them spray the room for spiders. They will be here later this afternoon.

4. While engineering was in the room, I also had them look at the A/C unit to ensure it was functioning properly.

Although we are fixing the problems you encountered, I am sorry they happened in the first place. Your feedback is a gift and we take it very seriously. If you have any additional feedback, I would welcome that. My contact information is below.

Kind Regards,

Sioux Falls, SD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stayed here one night for a work trip. It seemed like a nice enough room, newly renovated, but was not very sound proof. I was awakened several times by noise from the hallways and elevators. The staff was courteous, but I was turned off by not being able to check in early. I totally can understand that it was noon and check in was 3pm, but most hotels will accomodate or at least offer to store your stuff. The hotel was nowhere near full, so it seemed odd that they wouldn't accomdate my request. I had to use the bathroom to freshen up from my drive, then lug my luggage back to the car until later in the day.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review on TripAdvisor. We are extremely appreciative of our guests feedback so we can improve our products and services.

With that being said, it appears as if we fell short on many factors. I do want to hit on a few points to assure you that this isn't a normal experience.

-Our noise issues will come to an end. In 2 weeks, we will be completing a major overhaul on our guest room entry doors. We will be installing new weather stripping, hydraulic door closers, and proximity card door locks on all 100 guest rooms. The weather stripping and hydraulic door closers will alleviate most noise.

-We will always accommodate an early check in as long as we have clean rooms. Our policy is also to offer to store luggage if we cannot accommodate an early check in. I will re train our Agents on this policy to ensure it doesn't happen again.

Again, I am very sorry we created an experience that wasn't hassle free for you. This isn't the norm, and I am taking these issues very seriously.

If you have any further questions or concerns, I would invite you to contact me at your convenience.

All the best,

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed for about 12 nights. Location is great. Staff is friendly. Renovations show effort and rooms look nice. However, I'll not be considering next time in town. A/c-heat units are not set for continuous operation, so it kicks on and off every 5 minutes and is loud. Doors are terribly matched with frames, so there's significant gaps and lots of hall noise. So big you can fit towels in them so you can't see out into the hall. Over President's day weekend there was a huge group of people staying for a kids sports tournament, so there were tons of kids running amuck in the evenings, slamming doors. Then, when I went to leave on a Monday, the luggage cart had disappeared, and never was returned. I had to make 5 trips up and down to load my car in winter weather. It's no wonder I got sick as soon as I got home.

• Stayed February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Dear 70Cutlass,

Thank you for your detailed review! I am very appreciative of your feedback. It definitely seems that we fell short on the high expectations we demand. I do want to address a few of your concerns to assure you that we will make appropriate changes.

We are just about done getting new HVAC units for all 100 rooms. The new units do have a "continuous fan" feature, so the noise of the heater/compressor will be drowned out.

Our engineering team is currently working right now to adjust the gaps in the doors. We are also installing weather stripping and hydraulic door closers to minimize the noise level outside of guest rooms.

Again, I am very sorry that you didn't enjoy your weekend. If you have an opportunity, could you please reach out to me? I will do everything I can to make this right.

Regards,

Winnipeg,Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

I think they raised the prices because of the Presidents' Day long wknd and tight accomodations in the city and really took advantage . The breakfast was sub- standard and poorly presented . TERRIBLE. Would not stay here again . Rip off..

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank RCFWinnipeg_canada
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I also want to thank you for staying with us over the Presidents Day Weekend. We had a pleasure being of service.

Omaha is a very busy time during Presidents Day Weekend. With a nationwide volleyball tournament, regional basketball tournament, and a regional soccer tournament, hotels in the metro area fill up very quickly. We are priced very competitively with hotels in the area.

I also want to apologize for breakfast not being up to your standards. Every day, our complimentary hot breakfast buffet features an egg item (scrambled eggs, cheese omelets, or western omelets), sausage patties, links, or bacon, and biscuits & gravy. We also feature freshly made pancakes and our signature cinnamon rolls. We also have a wide variety of bagels, pastries, fruit, toast, milk, and juice. I received many compliments about our breakfast over the weekend, so I would kindly ask you to reach out to me so I can implement changes for future guests.

If I can be of any further assistance, please reach out to me.

Kind Regards,

402.343.1000
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I stay at a lot of Holiday Inns due to their rewards program. This one is one of their stars. The front desk staff are friendly and very helpful. The breakfast is the same as all Holiday Inns so you know it is consistently good. The rooms are clean, the beds firm, and the water is hot. I will stay here again when in Omaha.

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MollyJJM
Traveler1Nebraska, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Omaha West-90th Street, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear MollyJJM,

Thank you for your review! I am delighted to hear that you received the service and amenities that you deserve. Furthermore, I would personally like to thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. Your loyalty to the IHG brand is humbling. Thank you!

Yours in Hospitality,