“Better off sleeping in your car.”

Westmont Inn & Suites
Ranked #75 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
Wichita, Kansas, United States
“Better off sleeping in your car.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2013

There is no breakfast, the wifi sucks, the hotel is ugly and run down, the key cards keeping deactivating, the walls are paper thin, the whole place smells of weed and cigarettes, there is no fitness center, and the shower would keep spiking between scalding hot and frigid cold.

Room Tip: There are two hotels right next to The Carlisle, go there!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tyler C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Omaha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

We stayed for several days while our house was being finalized. Our room was clean, safe and well stocked. The staff was very accomodating and friendly.

The Good: The furnace worked fine with adjustable temperature settings, like you'd imagine. The shower worked well, hot and cold, like I'd expect. Reports here that say otherwise were not our experience. The room was cleaned thoroughly, and we are very picky in that regard. I even checked the top of a shelf for dust and found none. Hotel offers a free breakfast but there is a donation-only hot breakfast bar with fresh chocolate chip waffles and made to order eggs. Room was much larger than I'd expected, with fridge, microwave, etc. Parking lot scooped promptly during the snowy days. Our pets were welcome and the room furniture was changed on request to better suit us. Bilingual staff available.

The Bad: I would have been disappointed if, like a hotel I stay in when I'm in St Louis, I was tossing $150 on the counter. It is an older hotel, the pool is out and wherever you look closely you will see signs of wear. It is an extended stay hotel, which means some people are very casual in how they act. On the coldest nights (2 degrees), the furnace did have trouble keeping up. On a Friday or Saturday, near the lounge it sounds like someones car stereo bass. Our sink didn't drain properly.

Overall, for the money, it was just fine. No major problems, no exceptional bright points. Just a 3 star hotel for a 1 star price.

Room Tip: There is an area of the hotel that is more run down. Be sure to request another room if you're n...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank fiyero
phoenix
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Found this hotel at the last minute online and stayed for three nights staff was friendly quiet rooms and nice people If you want a cheap & cheerful place to stay in the heart of Nice, this is the place for you I was hugely apprehensive about this hotel - a last-minute bargain and the cheapest hotel of our trip Clean cool small but functional bathroom, comfortable bed - we could not have asked for more for the price we paid

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Salina, KS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed at this hotel because the photos they posted made it look like a respectable place. As it turns out the place is much more run-down than the pictures would have you believe. Those pictures must have been taken ten years ago because this place is no where near the quality I was expecting when I arrived.

Also when I checked in I asked about the pool and the front desk person told me that it was not in service due to 'scheduled maintenance,' but when I asked how long it had been down the clerk told me it had really been down for more than a year, and that the city had forced them to closed it down and actually condemned that part of the hotel!

Dont let the photos fool you into thinking this is a nice place, because it's not!!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Marsha F
Queens, NY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is litteraly the skeeziest hotel I've ever been in. The place is dirty and ill-maintained, and there are all sorts of undesirables hanging out there all night long. One girl walked through the lobby in a hoochie dress with her cell phone in her hand. From the looks of her, she was a hooker. I saw her walk back out the door fourty-five minutes later. I also felt the need to go and check on my car through out the night just to make sure it hadnt been stolen. This place has the same quality of guests as a homeless shelter.

STAY AWAY!!! THERE ARE BETTER PLACES TO STAY!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Randy W
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We stayed two nights and had several complaints. The rooms themselves were relatively clean, but pretty run down (cigarette holes in the box spring, broken closet doors, crooked shelves in the closet, etc). While the air conditioner was turned off when we arrived, meaning our immediate first impression involved a 90 degree room, the air conditioners worked well and seemed to be one of the newest things in the room. The entire had a drop ceiling and a big florescent lamp over the beds. The rooms would have been okay, but the clientele was scary. There were scantily dressed women roaming around out side the hotel near the restaurant/bar that was connected, the distinct smell of pot in the hallway, car sirens going off in the morning, and more than a few tenants living there on a permanent basis. To top it all off, the first morning there was a bat in the hallway and the "hot breakfast" consisted of some bagels and Eggo waffles. I would not stay there again, no matter how cheap the rate.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank FargoTraveler_5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Super 8 Omaha West L ST NE
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha - Millard Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS Kelly Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha Southwest/La Vista
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Courtyard Omaha La Vista

Been to Westmont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!