“Spoiled for choice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Neilson Retreat Beachclub

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Syvota
Neilson Retreat Beachclub
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Syvota
GreenLeadersGold level
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Spoiled for choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Spoiled for choice in every sense..food ,activities, scenery, ambience...all absolutely fine, no complaints. In resort for two weeks and never tired of anything. For all the frenetic activity in these beach clubs, they still remain very relaxing places for a holiday. The hotel is spotlessly clean, rooms are cleaned daily, fresh towels and linen seem to appear every other day. Beach towels are also provided for free. Staff go out of their way to ensure that guests have a great experience, nothing too much trouble. Sivota is very pretty and seems to manage a fine balance between the needs of seasonal visitors and that of residents. Nice upmarket feel without being posh. Lots of hills to go up and down; great for the calf muscles!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank j0hnb0y10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
  • Greek first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Retreat is a stunning hotel with a perfect setting. We stayed here last September for the first week of our Stay & Sail Holiday. First point to note is that the staff really made the holiday stand out, overall, their service and attention to detail was impeccable. During the first week, we spent 5 days training on one of the training Yachts, though we still had plenty of opportunity to take part in loads of activities around the Beachclub as our skipper allowed a little flexibility on start times to allow for us to make the most of our stay. The food in the hotel was really good, with a nice mix across the week which was always different. BBQ night was also good, though probably not quite worth the expense. Spa was fantastic, and activities seemed endless. Mix this with the steps in resort and you'll need another holiday when you get home! Only let downs the holiday were the shocking maintenance or lack of on our training boat and the poor lead crew (2 of the 3 at least), on Flotilla in week 2, which several of the guests complained about.

We stayed in a ground floor room not too far from the bar, and though you could hear the entertainment, it was never really loud enough to be an issue. I'd say that if you did want complete peace though, try a garden room.

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room not too far from the bar, and though you could hear the entertainme...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Loxwood
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Not the best room in the hotel view wise, but this to be expected as a single traveller. Staff were amazing particular praise for Liz the Photographer, she helped me get to grips with my camera settings etc. Came with my Grandchildren who are staying on for a further week. They are having a wonderful time. I have also had a great holiday.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have done a couple of neilsons when I was younger, but back then I was a little more interested in lounging around all day and drinking all night!, Going back at the age of 28 with my boyfriend, parents and some family friends, I have to say I had one of the best holiday ever. Much better than anticipated. Sivota was the nicest of all the neilson resorts I have been to and I didn't even mind all the steps!! The resort is stunning and it seems to be divided up into lots of different little areas which is nice. With different little beaches and pontoons to explore and laze around on. Not that much lazing around was to be done!

The food was beautiful, far too easy to over indulge and get very fat. Every day I would convince my self I would have just one plate, but there was so much choice and too many things that looked delicious, I would always have two or three.

The staff and activities make the holiday, they are all so friendly and encourage you to get involved in every thing and help you even when you are a complete beginner. The instructors are more than willing to explain in detail what you should be doing and the different techniques whilst making all the classes fun.

Georgie and Tim the fitness instructors run a wide range of classes, from boxing to swim and stretch, circuits, ballet and yoga and all are great fun. The Tennis coaches Adam, scott and Brin are lovely and along side running their coaching sessions, have a booze and balls session on a Thursday evening which is just crazy drinking games with a can in one hand and a racket in the other. The water ski / wake board team are great at coaching you whilst your trying not to crash and burn being dragged about on the back off the boat and keep everyone entertained by doing Zumba routines out in the pontoon. Callum's Kayaking adventures with his dog mythos are also worth getting along to, he is very knowledgeable and passionate about what he does and knows great littles places and beaches to take you to. Make sure you get out on a bike ride too and see the beautiful coast line of Sivota!

The yacht team are awesome, we booked the sun pest cruise with joe and rob and had a lovely time with canapés and champagne, we even took the yacht in a huge cave and go the chance to steer the boat. Get down to the entertainment in the bar with jack at the live lounge and laugh at all the beat the manager challenges. Join in the volley ball competition and with peter and the bar team there providing the refreshments a great time is good time is to be had by all, although it can get quite competitive so make sure you go down to support the guests!!,

The rooms were lovely and the beds comfy. The tv in the mirror was a quirky little touch and the bathrooms nice and clean. Our bedroom was close to the tortoises at reception, they adore a must see, just make sure you sneak them some cucumber or apple from lunch as they like to be fed!!, :)

Finally management, especially the info centre girls and Carl the guest services manager were more than pleased to help answer any questions and even ordered the whole hotel a dressing up stool after I pointed out that after the make over I didn't have one in my room!! I was quite shocked when a truck loads of stools turned up outside the hotel!! But you can not ask for better service than that!! I just wish I was back there!!

A few tips : Make sure you take trainers, water shoes and a jacket for going out on the boats as it can get a little windy, gloves if you plan to water ski / wake board and we went in May so a cardigan was good for nighttime. I stupidly took heels. You may break your ankle with all the steps. So girlies I wouldn't bother!!! Get the gladiator sandals out instead!!!

Thanks for a brilliant time every one at neilson - hopefully I will see you all soon!!, :) Nicole x

Room Tip: The new garden rooms look amazing!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Nicole2424
Durham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was our second holiday at the retreat and we had a lovely time. The activities are great, the staff fantastic and the setting is beautiful.

However Neilson needs to tighten up on the tennis coaching - last week they allowed a group of 12 deluded tennis "ladies" travelling together to join the top tennis group. They ruined it for the rest of us who wanted a good competitive game as they were pretty rubbish. This was obvious from day 1 and I and several other guests mentioned it to the coaches who did nothing. They allowed the tennis classes to be hijacked and spoiled by these women.

We went on the sunset cruise and it was really fantastic - but I don't think its acceptable to boast about being environmentally friendly then chuck plastic champagne corks into the sea!!

The buffet food is of a good standard and the service at mealtimes very good. I would avoid the bistro on the non inclusive nights - it wasn't great and very expensive.

We did the wine tasting which was also excellent.

Accommodation is spotlessly clean and had a lovely view over the bay. The beds are rather hard.

Sivota itself is lovely - lovely coffee shops and a decent selection of restaurants.

This time we felt that the evening entertainment was a bit tacky and getting dangerously close to the club 18-30 philosophy. However they do do a cocktail of the day which is nice and the bar staff could not be more helpful.

Overall it was a great holiday and we are likely to return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank forkie_10
Lincoln
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Loved every moment of the holiday here. Never a dull moment but total choice about what activities to try or not. Loved the cycling, sailing and canoeing and even tried some Zumba! Great staff who are so welcoming and supportive. The food was delicious and plentiful. Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2014
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Like nearly all of the reviews, I cannot believe how lucky we were to 'happen' upon this wonderful Neilson run oasis. In fact it's the jewel in the Neilson crown (I believe). It couples the option for huge breadth of activities, along with wonderful relaxation, stunning food and a top class team of reps. Kids club nannies were second to none, so much so my daughter aged 7, wept buckets when she said goodbye to her beloved Izzy, who was running the Surf Busters last week, while we were guests. Another thing for me which I (and husband) loved was how friendly everyone was and how much they supported and encouraged us to 'have a go'. Ok there was a bunch of rather rude 'tennis' ladies but they were together and stayed so in their own little world of middle-class ego (ha ha). The little water taxi which ran on the 3 none inclusive nights was such fun and the little town itself had numerous eateries. Our favourite was on the very right of the harbourside (sea not shore right) with reddish awnings. Fabulous family Greek food, charming company and spoilt our daughter rotten. When I find the card with the name of the restaurant I will add this, as they deserve to be full every night! Yes, there are lots of steps at the resort and yes sometimes our legs ached and our knees cracked, but we had been warned and the steps were a good workout in their own right. Best holiday ever.

Room Tip: All super but hotel rooms probably noisier. Rooms aren't the biggest I've ever seen but imm...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family